• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel i5-9300H Best Settings For Balance Between Temps & Performance Please help

RunNaJa

Hi Everyone. I've been using ThrottleStop for a while to keep my temps on my laptop down when gaming as I tend to always gaming
I've got to say that I don't know much about undervolting or how the majority of these settings work in ThrottleStop and basically just read a bunch of i5-9300H posts with Uncle Webb advising people on their undervolt settings and just played around from there. I'd really appreciate any assistance that I'm able to get.

My laptop sits 24/7 on a cooling pad as well.

@unclewebb I'd really appreciate your expertise when it comes to this please I'm going crazy T T

I need help with this.
After I used the setting, I found on https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...for-balance-between-temps-performance.281326/
My temp just sky rocketed to 90 all the time while gaming T T I would appreciate it if you help me setting up throttlestop when I live screen on Discord RxnAway#7962 Feel free to add me and DM me anytime
T T Im going crazy.

Attachments

• 1674657587632.png
    1674657587632.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 1674657653346.png
    1674657653346.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 1674657671559.png
    1674657671559.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 1674657697133.png
    1674657697133.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
My temp just sky rocketed to 90 all the time while gaming
90°C is a normal operating temperature for modern laptops when gaming.

For your settings, it is the Intel GPU and the iGPU Unslice that should use the same offset voltage setting. You have a Nvidia GPU which is used when playing games. I would only undervolt the CPU core and the CPU cache. I leave the Intel GPU, iGPU Unslice and the System Agent at default settings, an offset of +0.0000.

Does the TS Bench 960M test report any errors? If you see any errors during this test, reduce your undervolt.

cooling pad
Most cooling pads do not lower the CPU temperature very much. It is usually not money well spent.

Have you ever cleaned out your laptop and replaced the thermal paste? This is normal maintenance for any gaming laptop. You should probably do this a couple of times a year or more often if you use a poor quality thermal paste. You have a CPU with a 45W TDP rating. When running at only 35W, it is already overheating. This is a cooling system issue.

You can reduce the turbo ratios and slow your CPU down some more to try and cool your CPU down. I hate reduced performance so fixing the cooling system issue is a better idea.

RunNaJa

90°C is a normal operating temperature for modern laptops when gaming.

For your settings, it is the Intel GPU and the iGPU Unslice that should use the same offset voltage setting. You have a Nvidia GPU which is used when playing games. I would only undervolt the CPU core and the CPU cache. I leave the Intel GPU, iGPU Unslice and the System Agent at default settings, an offset of +0.0000.

Does the TS Bench 960M test report any errors? If you see any errors during this test, reduce your undervolt.

Most cooling pads do not lower the CPU temperature very much. It is usually not money well spent.

Have you ever cleaned out your laptop and replaced the thermal paste? This is normal maintenance for any gaming laptop. You should probably do this a couple of times a year or more often if you use a poor quality thermal paste. You have a CPU with a 45W TDP rating. When running at only 35W, it is already overheating. This is a cooling system issue.

You can reduce the turbo ratios and slow your CPU down some more to try and cool your CPU down. I hate reduced performance so fixing the cooling system issue is a better idea.
I will do as you recommended!

RunNaJa

Hi unclewebb I do as you recommended and the temp is much much better than before. So what setting should I change in tt stop. any rec?