• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Launches Program to Close the Technology Divide for Women Around the Globe

Today Intel Corporation announced She Will Connect, a new program that commits to expanding digital literacy skills to young women in developing countries. Intel will begin the initiative in Africa, where the gender gap is the greatest, by aiming to reach 5 million women and reduce the gender gap by 50 percent. To achieve this, Intel will work with a diverse set of partners including global and local NGOs and governments.

Findings from the groundbreaking "Women and the Web" report released by Intel in January revealed concrete data on the enormous Internet gender gap in the developing world and the social and economic benefits of securing Internet access for women. The report issued a call to action for stakeholders to double the number of women and girls online in developing countries in three years. She Will Connect demonstrates Intel's commitment to this action by not only providing digital literacy skills to girls and women, but also by pushing the concept of digital literacy forward through new, innovative and scalable models.

"The Internet has transformed the lives of billions of people," said Shelly Esque, vice president of Intel's Corporate Affairs Group and president of the Intel Foundation. "It functions as a gateway to ideas, resources and opportunities that never could have been realized before, but our research shows that girls and women are being left behind. We believe that closing the Internet gender gap has tremendous potential to empower women and enrich their lives as well as all the lives they touch."

In conjunction with She Will Connect, Intel pledged a 2013 Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action and is celebrating the United Nations' second International Day of the Girl on October 11. The theme for this year's International Day of the Girl emphasizes the importance of girls' education worldwide.

"When we think about what the world is going to look like in the coming 20 years, we have to do more to make sure that women as well as men, girls as well as boys are empowered to use new technology to further their own aspirations," said Secretary Hillary Clinton at the Clinton Global Initiative 2013 annual meeting last week.

She Will Connect will test a new model that integrates digital literacy with gender and development programming targeting women and girls:
  • Online Gaming Platform - Intel is developing an online gaming platform to innovate the delivery of digital literacy content through an interactive, engaging approach for smartphones and tablets in a game-infused environment. With the gaming platform, learning can take place in a mediated environment, individually, across devices and in the context of a peer network.
  • Peer Network - Intel and World Pulse are working together to integrate World Pulse's digital empowerment training into existing digital literacy programs and connect women to a safe and supportive peer network. Through the World Pulse platform, women can exchange ideas, find support and mentorship, and obtain relevant content tailored for women. This innovative approach will push the field of digital literacy so learning can take place not only as an individual in a shared computing environment but also through peers.

Beyond Africa, Intel is expanding on its ongoing commitment to empower girls and women globally, with continued work in India with a goal to reach 1 million women with Intel's Easy Steps digital literacy training program in the next year. In Latin America, Intel is partnering with several governments and organizations providing digital literacy training with a special focus on fostering entrepreneurial skills in Columbia, Mexico and Peru.

In addition to launching She Will Connect, Intel is celebrating International Day of the Girl by building on its strong culture of employee volunteerism for Global Giveback Day. Championed by leaders from the Intel Network of Executive Women and the Women at Intel Network, employees will collaborate with organizations in support of education and empowerment of girls and women. Intel is also hosting screenings of the transformational film Girl Rising around the world on October 11 to raise global visibility about the importance of educating girls.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

More Politically Correct Crap

What about the young boys of those "developing countries"? Don't they deserve equal amount of aid?
Is it me only or this biased, sexist, politically correct "aid program" is no different from those breast cancer awareness programs you see everywhere.
Prostate cancer? get the fooh!

Also, isn't it about time for those "developing countries" to start concerning themselves about their exploding fertility rates? Have you seen the fertility rate of those crying mofos? Holy Odin!
If you don't have sufficient goods or services to get by, how are you gonna provide for those newborns?

Lastly, is it me or the people of some geographic regions on this globe are just not able to build western-style operating societies and countries and start harnessing modern technology the way.. say Europeans and East Asians have been doing..

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
What about the young boys of those "developing countries"? Don't they deserve equal amount of aid?
Is it me only or this biased, sexist, politically correct "aid program" is no different from those breast cancer awareness programs you see everywhere.

Also, isn't it about time for those "developing countries" to start concerning themselves about their exploding fertility rates? Have you seen the fertility rate of those crying mofos? Holy Odin!
If you don't have sufficient goods or services to get by, how are you gonna provide for those newborns?

Lastly, is it me or the people of some geographic regions on this globe are just not able to build western-style operating societies and countries and start harnessing modern technology the way.. say Europeans and East Asians have been doing..

this is just a PR stunt to boost their share price and their sales, nothing more. Intel doesnt care about anything other than money.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

One reason is probably because girls generally are more oppressed (not exactly that word, I forgot it, I HAD IT. Sort of like it, exposed?). Globally.

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
One reason is probably because girls generally are more oppressed (not exactly that word, I forgot it, I HAD IT. Sort of like it, exposed?). Globally.

Definitely confirmed as a Swede. Jumping to the defense of women, no matter what, is pervasive in Swedish society.

For instance, in Sweden, it is possible to be convicted of rape for having consensual sex.

Erling Hellenäs' blog

A prominent feminist in the States supports this:

Jessica Valenti - Washington Post

Just something I'm pointing out. Frick, I figured since you usually bust everyone's balls, I'd bust yours. :D

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
This is NOT going to work specially in the Muslim countries, where most of the women are treated like animals and have no rights.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Definitely confirmed as a Swede. Jumping to the defense of women, no matter what, is pervasive in Swedish society.

For instance, in Sweden, it is possible to be convicted of rape for having consensual sex.

Erling Hellenäs' blog

A prominent feminist in the States supports this:

Jessica Valenti - Washington Post

Just something I'm pointing out. Frick, I figured since you usually bust everyone's balls, I'd bust yours. :D

Bitch all you want (is that a joke right there?), women are still more opressed than men.

And I'm jumping off topic with you: Yes and no to the rape thing. Yes a woman might be able to get a man convicted. Like everywhere else (except in the countries where women have no such rights). But no to the rest of that (I have no idea how you reached that conclusion from that blog). Even with the new law the victim will have to be in a "särskilt utsatt situation" (I don't know how to translate that really. Particularly exposed situation?), which isn't exactly consensual. Like the 15 year old girl with the six dudes raping her, she didn't physically fight because there was six of them. And they were drunk. Not dead drunk mind you, she did try to get away.

Bitch all you want (is that a joke right there?), women are still more opressed than men.

And I'm jumping off topic with you: Yes and no to the rape thing. Yes a woman might be able to get a man convicted. Like everywhere else (except in the countries where women have no such rights). But no to the rest of that (I have no idea how you reached that conclusion from that blog). Even with the new law the victim will have to be in a "särskilt utsatt situation" (I don't know how to translate that really. Particularly exposed situation?), which isn't exactly consensual. Like the 15 year old girl with the six dudes raping her, she didn't physically fight because there was six of them. And they were drunk. Not dead drunk mind you, she did try to get away.

Not in the West. In fact, women have never been oppressed in the West, since the days of ancient Greece an in every European culture since then. what you speak of is a myth. Feminism is destroying birth rates and marriages, and is an obstacle to true equality and not forced equal outcome.

Last edited:
Cultural Marxism manifested in multiculturalism, feminism, egalitarianism and political correctness is ruining the West, utterly obliterating it.

System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
Feminism is destroying birth rates and marriages

Dude, for freak's sake. What do you think of wealth and education "destroying" birth rates? And marriages end because they stopped working, or maybe never worked.

Anyway, this is TPU and not GN so I would like to suggest to leave the spitting of conservative/progressive doctrine out of this thread, people. Why don't you just move to GN for stuff like that?

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
I'm a lady cat intel get me some processors

System Name A black box
Processor AMD fx 8350
Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa ud3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Kingston hyperx 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus directcu top HD5850
Storage random 250gb
Display(s) Philips 190b3
Case antec 200 v2
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Silverstone 600w strider essentials plus
Software Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores I once tagged my school desk.
Apparently these days its ok to be sexist as long as it advantages women.

Why don't they just make the program about educating everyone in 3rd world countries about technology? But I guess that wouldn't get intel favor with western liberal idealists.

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
Women = more online shoppers = $$$$$$

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
Ahh sigh :ohwell: threads like these...

Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Apparently these days its ok to be sexist as long as it advantages women.

Why don't they just make the program about educating everyone in 3rd world countries about technology? But I guess that wouldn't get intel favor with western liberal idealists.

Maybe because it empowers an important group that is highly underprivileged and hence can lessen 3 problems at once: gender inequality, poverty and lack of education.

I do not know whether this will work, but I do know that it may be worthwile because government funded programs are under severe pressure because of governments cutting in their development budgets (while Intel is able to afford such programs).

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II

Telling me to "bitch all you want" is a misunderstanding on your part or shows just how reactionary you can be. Let's be serious, you don't like to bust on people, but when it comes back at you, you get a bit tense, no? Anyway, how I "reached that conclusion from that blog" was by reading it; "As we can see the line between normal sex and rape is subtle or non-existent, the sentences are long, the compensations high and there doesn’t have to be any crime, it’s enough that the court believes the woman when she says there was one." The rest of what you said is a non-argument. The situation described involving the 15 year old girl would most likely result in a conviction in at least the US, I can be sure (though factors such as race, socioeconomic class, etc. play a role).

Maybe because it empowers an important group that is highly underprivileged and hence can lessen 3 problems at once: gender inequality, poverty and lack of education.

I do not know whether this will work, but I do know that it may be worthwile because government funded programs are under severe pressure because of governments cutting in their development budgets (while Intel is able to afford such programs).

Haha, you tell people to move it to GN then you keep going. Don't preach what you don't practice. Anyway, since this is a politically-charged issue (I challenge you to describe how it isn't), we can talk about it here.

"Highly underprivileged", are you sure? What exactly makes women underprivileged in the West? In the Middle East, yes, I think you could definitely make that case. Most of the Western world hasn't forced women into a disadvantaged position for at least 50 years. You do know that no good solid evidence exists for "the wage gap", for instance, right? I think you've had your perception managed and haven't really taken the time to consider how women or men are disadvantaged and yes, some men are definitely disadvantaged.

On education, I find it curious that organizations will fund women entering STEM majors in college. I must be missing something as far as that goes. Are women any more barred from entering STEM majors than men? If they are, I don't see it. It's an exercise of the nature of both genders; men tend more towards the "hard sciences", whereas women tend more towards the "soft sciences" (sociology, psychology, etc. and also majors like Women's Studies or Gender Studies).

Last edited:
No I was refering to the off-topic statement by FrustratedGarrett on feminism, actually, when stating that. My second post is actually supposed to be on topic.
And I was not talking about the West when writing the post you quoted. I was talking about foreign aid budgets being cut into by governments. Sorry if that was unclear. Does the post you quoted make sense to you now? After all, Intel's initiative is not targeting the developed nations.

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
No I was refering to the off-topic statement by FrustratedGarrett on feminism, actually, when stating that. My second post is actually supposed to be on topic.
And I was not talking about the West when writing the post you quoted. I was talking about foreign aid budgets being cut into by governments. Sorry if that was unclear. Does the post you quoted make sense to you now? After all, Intel's initiative is not targeting the developed nations.

Yes, in the context of specific foreign nations, it makes more sense. :)