• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Licensing Artimedia's Video Advertising Technology

Singapore-based company Artivision Technologies has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary ArtiMedia Pte signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with chip titan Intel Corp. This MOU will allow Artimedia's front-end in-video advertising platform and back-end advertisement serving technology to be incorporated into Intel's Software Development Kit (SDK) that has Intel's "Wi-Fi Direct" technology (Wi-Fi Direct enables mobile and other devices to connect directly with each other and to transfer and share content like images, pictures and videos).

A definitive agreement between Intel and Artimedia is expected to be inked once "the first working SDK with Artimedia's front-end and back-end technology is deployed on a demo mobile device." The final agreement will cover the license fee per installation in each Intel platform, an equally-split revenue sharing model and a non-competition commitment. Moreover, Intel Capital will be given the first opportunity to invest in Artimedia.

"This is a great opportunity for Artimedia to distribute our state-of-the-art video technology and to reach the mass market," says Dr Ofer Miller, Chief Technology Officer of Artivision and Chief Executive Officer of Artimedia. "Artimedia's front-end technology intelligently analyses the video stream in order to place unique non-intrusive ads onto the online video content. The back-end technology will be used as an open platform for advertisers to place images, pictures and videos onto any devices while using Intel's "Wi-Fi Direct" technology."

The MOU will automatically expire in four months from the signing date (Feburary 1st), unless extended mutually in writing.

System Name Spanky
Processor Ryzen 1400
Motherboard MSI 350 gaming pro
Cooling NZXT Kracken X42
Memory 8gb Crucial 2133 at 2667
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060
Storage 250gb WD blue
Display(s) Acer 32" 2560x1440
Case Raidmax Sigma
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy FX
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Epicgear
Keyboard Razer Deatstalker
Software Windows 10Pro x64
So this would basically make it easy for companies to put adds on "face time" LOL
No fracking way!! LuLzzz..

Who the hell would want that?...

System Name MoFo 2
Processor AMD PhenomII 1100T @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV
Cooling Swiftec 655 pump, Apogee GT,, MCR360mm Rad, 1/2 loop.
Memory 8GB DDR3-2133 @ 1900 8.9.9.24 1T
Video Card(s) HD7970 1250/1750
Storage Agility 3 SSD 6TB RAID 0 on RAID Card
Display(s) 46" 1080P Toshiba LCD
Case Rosewill R6A34-BK modded (thanks to MKmods)
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Power Supply 750W PC Power & Cooling modded (thanks to MKmods)
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Intel just got some video software licansed if i remeber. I see it now, your home videos, brought to you tonight by intel®, ohh it looks like you mr hardware is over 1 generation old, how about we make that stutter for you and play you a couple ads.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Intel i7 940
Motherboard ASUS Rampage III: Gene
Cooling Noctua C-12P
Memory 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
Video Card(s) ASUS HD5870
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD, 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 in RAID0
Display(s) HP w2338h
Case Corsair 700D
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Software Win7 Ult 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Intel just got some video software licansed if i remeber. I see it now, your home videos, brought to you tonight by intel®, ohh it looks like you mr hardware is over 1 generation old, how about we make that stutter for you and play you a couple ads.
Wasn't it a codec from Real Networks? And they straight up bought it and then gave Real a permanent license to it, I believe.