• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Releasing 10 core 20 thread i9-10900KF for $499 very soon... 5.2 Ghz boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
We are talking about chips under 200mm^2. Yield is not an issue at 14nm. 10/7nm, it might be but I would not expect it to be a big one.
Bottom line, if both solutions are at the same price and with otherwise comparable properties, monolithic will almost certainly be inherently advantaged. Chiplet design is a workaround to get around the yield (and scaling?) issues.
What are you talking about. The bigger the die then more you have. If you go from 14nm to 7nm yields are better but of course you need some time for it to happen and wait for the process to mature a bit. The bigger the die the yields are lower. The smaller the node the yields are higher. It is a shrink so more dies on the wafer which means better yields.
Anybody noticed the dollar sign behind the prices? Totally not how Intel does it. Also I dought they would brag about 14nm+++ especially since they didn´ t on Coffee Lake refresh slides.
A new socket is also a shot in their own foot.
I´m sceptical that this is legit.
Weren't Intel doing new sockets with each gen of CPUs? If Intel will not go with new socket this time that would mean they are not going for more money from customers but rather focusing to keep up with AMD and be more price competitive. Because what they are asking for the products is just ridiculous.
This may not be true (especially if you look at the prices listed).

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
The question I have is, is anyone surprised by this at all?? As I'm not.... Oh look, another socket as well.... (@TheLostSwede Are you at all surprised by it??)

I do however like the 65, 95 and 105w versions.. I wonder where they got that from.... Lets hope they solder this one.....

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
What are you talking about. The bigger the die then more you have. If you go from 14nm to 7nm yields are better but of course you need some time for it to happen and wait for the process to mature a bit. The bigger the die the yields are lower. The smaller the node the yields are higher. It is a shrink so more dies on the wafer which means better yields.
In addition to yields being lower on larger dies, yields are also lower on newer (usually smaller) process nodes.
200mm^2 is not a big die on an old, mature node. It isn't even that big of a die on 7nm apparently, judged by Navi.

My point was, AMD has been shipping 200mm^2 dies for a couple years now. I seriously doubt Intel would be unable to do the same, probably with better margins as they have foundry margins to play with in addition to CPU section of the company.

edit:
Oh, I think I misread your post. Yield generally means percentage of dies from a wafer that are good, not the net amount of dies. Whether good means fully intact chips or usable (with some disabled sections) is largely a matter of perspective.

Last edited:
System Name Shiny Beast 2.0
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite Capillex
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Asus PG35VQ 3440x1440 200Hz GSync
Case Corsair 500D SE RGB
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z906
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Platinum
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 600
Keyboard Logitech K750
I have my doubts too, intel has been so messed up that we dont know if is really intel or not eheh

Maybe the vooodoooo white black mages witches cursed intel few years ago, intel needs a kick on the back to wake up.

That´ s the thing, they change their own roadmaps like every event.

Weren't Intel doing new sockets with each gen of CPUs? If Intel will not go with new socket this time that would mean they are not going for more money from customers but rather focusing to keep up with AMD and be more price competitive. Because what they are asking for the products is just ridiculous.
This may not be true (especially if you look at the prices listed).

Sandy and Ivy were the same, but then again just a refresh like Coffee Lake refresh or Kabylake was to Skylake. Keeping 1151 v2 would be a small plus on the consumer side. But then again we are talking about Intel.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
Yawn. We al ready know what will happen. Intels win when it comes pure gaming, but amd wins when it comes to workstation, video converting load and so on.

And thank to intels 14++++++++++:kookoo:, these chips will only have little or none ipc gain over 9000 series, properly run hot and be more power hungry as well.

Its realy a pain in the ass to chose cpu right now. I feel no matter what ever i chose intel or amd its a compromise as i want a cpu that overclock well and run games at its best (intel wins here), but i also want a good amount of cpu cores, a cpu that dosent consume power as a maniac and dosent run hot (amd clearly wins here).

I will have to make a compromise, as i cant get it all in one package. It feels like chosing between plague or cholera:cry:.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Yawn. We al ready know what will happen. Intels win when it comes pure gaming, but amd wins when it comes to workstation, video converting load and so on.

And thank to intels 14++++++++++:kookoo:, these chips will only have little or none ipc gain over 9000 series, properly run hot and be more power hungry as well.

Its realy a pain in the ass to chose cpu right now. I feel no matter what ever i chose intel or amd its a compromise as i want a cpu that overclock well and run games at its best (intel wins here), but i also want a good amount of cpu cores, a cpu that dosent consume power as a maniac and dosent run hot (amd clearly wins here).

I will have to make a compromise, as i cant get it all in one package. It feels like chosing between plague or cholera:cry:.

Just get a Core-X and delid as I did. Or be happy with Coffee Lake/6 cores and delid one of those (I wouldn't recommend 9900k or any other of Intel's latest foray into soldering. It's not as good as it could be, and much more dangerous to delid if you want to improve them).

AMD could have won here if amd wanted, I'm still trying to figure out why amd played their cards like this, probably they wanted to release these cpus fast and they decide to go this road.

The main reason why they are not winning here in games is Latency, chiplets is the problem here. AMD wins in some games in some don't.

Some may say "hey is frequency" but is not frequency, somebody did an ipc test with 3700x, 3900x, 3600, 9700k, 9900k,9600k with 4ghz each and intel still won at 4ghz in some games. That test was apples to apples and intel still lead in games, so i guess is, the only thing remains is latency.

System Name White Phantom
Processor i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz = 1.360-1.368 vcore
Motherboard asrock p67 pro (not pro3)
Cooling prolimatech megahalem with 2x nocuta in push pull (thanks to the 54thvoid) ;) , stock phantom fans
Memory 16gb Kingston hyper x ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus strix 970 ocd 1.5ghz core
Storage 240gb ssd , 1tb Western digital Black, western digital 320gb
Display(s) samsung syncmaster p2450 via DVI @1080p 60hz
Case White and blue NZXT Phantom (carbon fibred sides/door)
Audio Device(s) onboard , philips AMBX pro speakers 80watts rms
Power Supply Xfx750
Mouse Rat 3
Keyboard Act cheapo "gaming"
Software windows 10
Benchmark Scores world record for most amount of times machine has pissed me off ....

I'm the exact same just now trying to upgrade from. Sandybridge (anythings an upgrade) but my force of habits and gaming are saying 9700k or 9900k. My curiosity, reading and budgets telling me 3700 or 3900x for a try. Driving me nuts :laugh: :banghead:

Well Intel strategy i would say. Taking money out of wallet..

I'm still sticking with my 6950x even he is getting older and older. No need to upgrade until it dies...

Last edited:
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Just get a Core-X and delid as I did. Or be happy with Coffee Lake/6 cores and delid one of those (I wouldn't recommend 9900k or any other of Intel's latest foray into soldering. It's not as good as it could be, and much more dangerous to delid if you want to improve them).

I already have a 6 core cpu. An old one, but its 6 core and i for sure want more than 6 cores, infact i want a bit load of cores this time around. So no i will not even look at a 6 or 8 core intel cpu and neither from amd. I want 10 or more cores to play with. Hornestly i'm waiting for amd's ryzen 9 3950X 16 core cpu and see if that is any better. That will still be a compromise throw.

AMD could have won here if amd wanted, I'm still trying to figure out why amd played their cards like this, probably they wanted to release these cpus fast and they decide to go this road.

The main reason why they are not winning here in games is Latency, chiplets is the problem here. AMD wins in some games in some don't.

Some may say "hey is frequency" but is not frequency, somebody did an ipc test with 3700x, 3900x, 3600, 9700k, 9900k,9600k with 4ghz each and intel still won at 4ghz in some games. That test was apples to apples and intel still lead in games, so i guess is, the only thing remains is latency.

Yes i agreed on the latency as amd cpu' s has to comunicate over severel die's and that cause latency, while intel has it all in one die.

I'm the exact same just now trying to upgrade from. Sandybridge (anythings an upgrade) but my force of habits and gaming are saying 9700k or 9900k. My curiosity, reading and budgets telling me 3700 or 3900x for a try. Driving me nuts :laugh: :banghead:

Glad i am not the only one confused what to get. Yeah gaming screams intel but these chips aso runs hot as intels is realy pushing 14 nm very high and and that cost on the power usesage, but they also win's the overclock round but not by much.

Amd runs cooler thanks to 7nm and consume less power and has the strong lead when it comes to multithread load, while they lose in gaming and overclock.

No matter what we chose, its a compromise sadly. I will wait and see with amd's 16 core part as i think that cpu will be the most fun to have throw it will lose to intel in gaming and overclock. But will win in al most any other part. In the other hand coming from an old i7 980X to a new intel or amd cpu will still be a major upgrade in gaming performance over the old cpu. Its just intel would be a bit better, but i also want a but load of cores this time. So i think i will go with amd 16 core, knowing it will lose in game performance over intel. As i said, no matter the choise, its a compromise as it is right now. It whas so much easy'er to chose a cpu back then X58 whas the king of the hill.

Last edited:

I found the video to prove my point at 4ghz it clearly shows intel still lead in some games. So frequency is not the only reason amd is losing in games.

Hardware unboxed, they only have a youtube channel. Very very interesting review. One of the best reviews i have seen so far.

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Well Intel strategy i would say. Taking money out of wallet..

I'm still sticking with my 6950x even he is getting older and older. No need to upgrade until it dies...

If you wait for it to die, based on my exsperince with X58/i7 980X, you cut be in for a long wait then. I have been on X58 for 10 years now and abused my cpu severel times now like put 1.55 volts throw it for benchmark runs and let it run pretty hot as well. And yet still after all these years cpu as well as my asus motherboard gives me he finger and likes saying: fuck you, we are not ready to die just yet. I have as well been waiting for it to die so i had a reason to upgrade and thats why i also abused it the last 2-3 years. But even throw i dit that, i still failed to kill it. So you might be in for a long wait as well before it dies.

I found the video to prove my point at 4ghz it clearly shows intel still lead in some games. So frequency is not the only reason amd is losing in games.

Hardware unboxed, they only have a youtube channel. Very very interesting review. One of the best reviews i have seen so far.

There is not douts that intels wins in gaming. Reviews clearly shows that. Intels cpu desing is more efficient for gaming.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
gaming dosnt matter here.. both teams produce more than enough frames rates for real world use with a decent graphics card and only half the cores get used so heat isnt a problem..

high core counts matter for productivity loads.. intel has to add more just to keep up but then again you cant keep adding more cores without adding more heat.. currently heat (and price) is intels main problem..

they can lower the price but its gonna cost them to lower the heat.. binning for low voltages on the high core count chips will lower usable yields by a fair amount..

trog

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Lack of HT is Intel's main problem when we are talking about productivity. There is no other factor that is even remotely close to that.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
I'm sold...Who else is getting a 10 core 20 thread i9-10900KF for $499 very soon!!?.....:roll:

@Knoxx29

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim

Yes i agreed on the latency as amd cpu' s has to comunicate over severel die's and that cause latency, while intel has it all in one die.
Sure Intel is faster. Probably because of the latency. On the other hand we have to remember when we turns to gaming, developers are building their products to a current best. They have been making games with Intel's chips in their hands. This is a huge advantage if you have software support which Intel has till this day. Of course there are already titles that AMD is in the lead. Few maybe just one even but there are. I'm not so convinced that this is only about the latency. Maybe latency is one of the reasons and fixing this would boost performance but I'd go with the software development more than just the latency. Even though AMD is keeping up with Intel still and this new Ryzen is a good example for this. This will change probably turning AMD the most desirable CPU producer. I take this from my conclusions about the vulnerabilities Intel struggles with, and console market AMD has support from.
Also more and more games support more than 4 cores now and it will increase over time. I'm sure of it. You can no longer rely on frequency to boost performance in games and it has been said already, that shrinking dies will not boost frequency. It will degrade frequency. So, the only way for developers now is to increase multicore support to mitigate lower frequencies and yet still boost performance. We all know that Intel has a problem with more core die (due to monolithic structure of the die) unless they will start lowering costs and still get more cores.
If Intel goes 7nm or 10nm whatever they are trying to do, you can kiss the 5Ghz CPUs bye bye. Maybe that's also the reason why Intel is still manufacturing on 14nm++.

I'm sold...Who else is getting a 10 core 20 thread i9-10900KF for $499 very soon!!?.....:roll:

@Knoxx29
I might give it a go since I live in Norway now so it would keep me warm on a lonely, cold, winter nights :p well, that's not happening :p

Last edited:
Sure Intel is faster. Probably because of the latency. On the other hand we have to remember when we turns to gaming, developers are building their products to a current best. They have been making games with Intel's chips in their hands. This is a huge advantage if you have software support which Intel has till this day. Of course there are already titles that AMD is in the lead. Few maybe just one even but there are. I'm not so convinced that this is only about the latency. Maybe latency is one of the reasons and fixing this would boost performance but I'd go with the software development more than just the latency. Even though AMD is keeping up with Intel still and this new Ryzen is a good example for this. This will change probably turning AMD the most desirable CPU producer. I take this from my conclusions about the vulnerabilities Intel struggles with, and console market AMD has support from.
Also more and more games support more than 4 cores now and it will increase over time. I'm sure of it. You can no longer rely on frequency to boost performance in games and it has been said already, that shrinking dies will not boost frequency. It will degrade frequency. So, the only way for developers now is to increase multicore support to mitigate lower frequencies and yet still boost performance. We all know that Intel has a problem with more core die (due to monolithic structure of the die) unless they will start lowering costs and still get more cores.
If Intel goes 7nm or 10nm whatever they are trying to do, you can kiss the 5Ghz CPUs bye bye. Maybe that's also the reason why Intel is still manufacturing on 14nm++.

This has to do too with instructions and codes that only intel processors support. For example tsx, only intel processors support that and that make a huge impact when done properly.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
That's not a great plan considering that the 3900x keeps up with the 7960x, at least in Linux. The difference in price between those two chips is so large it makes literally zero sense to get the 7960x and why get something lesser when you know the 3900x will outperform it?

System Name Iglo
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory 32 gigs - 3600hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 GAMING
Storage NvmE x2 + SSD + spinning rust
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z - lenovo both 27" and 1080p 144/60
Case Fractal Design Meshify C TG Black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z-2300 2.1 200w Speaker /w 8 inch subwoofer
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 550w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Corsair k100 Air Wireless RGB Cherry MX
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores Super-PI 1M T: 7,993 s :CinebR20: 5755 point GeekB: 2097 S-11398-M 3D :TS 7674/12260
Now theres a bargain, i blame the great competition, thx AMD.
I want that 10 cores 20 threads monster badly.
If it aint bullsheit this leaks ofc.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Case Fractal Design G
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
This has to do too with instructions and codes that only intel processors support. For example tsx, only intel processors support that and that make a huge impact when done properly.
AMD proposed something equivalent but since Intel was on the pedestal with development TSX was used not AMD's ASF (if I'm not wrong). So that only concludes my previous statement that developers support is very crucial. Besides, I thought Intel disables TSX.

AMD proposed something equivalent but since Intel was on the pedestal with development TSX was used not AMD's ASF (if I'm not wrong). So that only concludes my previous statement that developers support is very crucial. Besides, I thought Intel disables TSX.

Yes very, Intel has been sneaking no stopping inside everything to add lines of instructions to games and applications for years. Intel sneaking habits is everywhere hehe

SL2

Ok, so it's 10 cores, but it's still Skylake, and HOT RUNNING. It's faster than Matisse in many games, but I believe Intel can do better than that in terms of IPC and heat.

Buying this now is a bit like (but obviously not the same as) buying the last Pentium D Presler right before Core 2 Duo Conroe showed up, back in the day.
I know, Comet Lake is a lot more competitive than Presler ever was.

On the other hand, I can't blame those who can't wait anymore... 14 nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++^+

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Intel implemented TSX in Haswell (and it was broken), it is implemented in a fixed way in Skylake - and used in one of the KASLR-breaking vulnerabilities which again prompts for disabling it. AMD has (proposed) ASF extension as counterpart that have not actually been implemented in anything so far.

It is not about prefering Intel's extension but using what CPU manufacturer has implemented in actual products (= can be used). TSX exists and works in an actual product, ASF does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.