• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Sourgrapes AMD's Creator Performance Leadership with Laughably Dubious Data

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
AMD won't be sitting on their hands either. Its game on at this point. Execution for AMD is top notch at this point with Lisa.

You're joking right? Zen and Zen2 designs saved AMD - their execution is horrible. They are a running joke here in Austin about how bad their supply timing, third party vendor communication, marketing etc. I mean just look at the launches, and try and actually buy a 3900x.

I also have friends that work for AMD, and they complain about what complete sh*t show it is over there.

They have amazing engineers, and Lisa has excellent vision for where they're going, but execution is one of their weakest attributes.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10

This one's dedicated to Intel and their marketing team

Last edited:
System Name Budget Box
Processor Xeon E5-2667v2
Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Pro
Cooling Some cheap tower cooler, I dunno
Memory 32GB 1866-DDR3 ECC
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600XT
Storage WD NVME 1GB
Display(s) ASUS Pro Art 27"
Case Antec P7 Neo
You're joking right? Zen and Zen2 designs saved AMD - their execution is horrible. They are a running joke here in Austin about how bad their supply timing, third party vendor communication, marketing etc. I mean just look at the launches, and try and actually buy a 3900x.

I also have friends that work for AMD, and they complain about what complete sh*t show it is over there.

They have amazing engineers, and Lisa has excellent vision for where they're going, but execution is one of their weakest attributes.
I think you have described most large companies, or at the very least, Microsoft.

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
I think you have described most large companies, or at the very least, Microsoft.

Possibly -- I love AMD don't get me wrong, it's just funny to hear that ppl think they execute well when everyone that works with them is like "Oh gawd another AMD launch, prepare yourselves. Hide the children."

"Ron - do we have enough motherboards this time? DOES THE COOLER FIT THE SOCKET!?! DID YOU ACTUALLY TURN IT ON AND MAKE SURE IT WORKS??"

Last edited:
System Name O-Clock
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K @ 52x/49x 8c8t
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Gene
Cooling Corsair H170i Elite Cappelix w/ NF-A14 iPPC IP67 fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ @3900 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Black
Storage Samsung 983 ZET 960GB, 2x WD SN850X 4TB
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 1
Power Supply EVGA 1600 T2 w/ NF-A14 iPPC IP67 fan
Mouse Logitech G403 Wireless (PMW3366)
Keyboard Logitech G910 Stickerbombed
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773
How honest could Intel be? LMFAO! Also, it is funny how they mention PL1, but not PL2. As in the amount of power the CPU is actually going to draw.

Attachments

• 1567784670579.png
    1567784670579.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 1567785007720.png
    1567785007720.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 143
System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
I guess this is what Intel resorts to after they had their favorite tactic removed from their toolbox: bribing OEMs to not buy AMD products. To specify, this nefarious tool, which was once Intel's "fixer" hasn't been decommissioned because Intel wouldn't resort to such at present, or because they learned the lesson the last time after being found guilty in multiple courts of law, rather, the only thing preventing Intel from doing this is the fact that AMD's products are so competitive and their mindshare has expanded so rapidly, that an OEM would be cutting their own throat to not have AMD in their catalog....and I'm sure Intel is furious about that.

One of them admitted, MSI CEO to be exact, that it would be awkward to come out with an AMD-powered product :D
I think that should paint big picture what Intel are playing here, although I wouldn't mind MSI said that, no one ever considered MSI as major player in notebook.
Unlawful act and anti competitive practices are hard to uncover, just like GPP, need someone brave enough like Kyle Bennett...wait...he's now at Intel...yeah now I get it :rolleyes:

System Name O-Clock
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 1
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773

If you want a 3900X so badly, just buy it on Amazon and stop complaining. https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3900X-24-Thread-Processor/dp/B07SXMZLP9 It isn't like a company is going to prepare for 1 billion purchases at launch. Be a little considerate. I know you aren't considerate because the way you talk, makes you look like someone who thinks they are entitled to everything. When you get a job in a fast food restaurant (which isn't a terrible job), you will learn the value of patience. Sure AMD isn't perfect, but it's funny how you say it is a shit show over there, yet I know people that work there, and they haven't said the same story as you.

One of them admitted, MSI CEO to be exact, that it would be awkward to come out with an AMD-powered product :D
I think that should paint big picture what Intel are playing here, although I wouldn't mind MSI said that, no one ever considered MSI as major player in notebook.
Unlawful act and anti competitive practices are hard to uncover, just like GPP, need someone brave enough like Kyle Bennett...wait...he's now at Intel...yeah now I get it :rolleyes:
Kyle Bennet actually quit from Intel because he had some things come up in his family. But yes, Intel has become all out attack mode, and instead of merely showing off their products versus their competitors, they now say shit straight to AMD's face that "OH WE ARE BEttEr THAN YOU" when clearly, 56 cores doing 400W TDP (keep in mind, Intel TDP*, so we are looking at over 500W, if not over 600W), while AMD's 64 cores do 250W. Intel is a literal joke now. And I will call out Intel for this because in fact, they show off their performance numbers, however they have certain optimizations, they have gone as far as disabling SMT on AMD's CPUs, they use boost frequencies in their benchmarks WITHOUT STATING THE PL2 TURBO LIMIT; what the actual fuck has gone into Intel? Are they hiring high school dropouts for their press/marketing teams now?? See, I know some stupid people, and I know some liars too, but the stupidity and untruthfulness that comes from their press, omfg.

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
If you want a 3900X so badly, just buy it on Amazon and stop complaining. https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3900X-24-Thread-Processor/dp/B07SXMZLP9 It isn't like a company is going to prepare for 1 billion purchases at launch. Be a little considerate. I know you aren't considerate because the way you talk, makes you look like someone who thinks they are entitled to everything. When you get a job in a fast food restaurant (which isn't a terrible job), you will learn the value of patience. Sure AMD isn't perfect, but it's funny how you say it is a shit show over there, yet I know people that work there, and they haven't said the same story as you.

Why do people like you take facts so personally? "He said AMD is bad at execution, that's so inconsiderate! He must be entitled" Seriously? Also -- what about saying that there is a shortage of 3900x as a evidence of their struggle to execute is complaining? I don't care, I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

AMD is a tiny company doing huge things, they are NOT known for their execution. I really am sorry that this hurt your feelings to the point that you felt the need to tell me how entitled I am based on how I type (lol!).

Intel is a literal joke now. And I will call out Intel for this because in fact, they show off their performance numbers, however they have certain optimizations, they have gone as far as disabling SMT on AMD's CPUs, they use boost frequencies in their benchmarks WITHOUT STATING THE PL2 TURBO LIMIT; what the actual fuck has gone into Intel? Are they hiring high school dropouts for their press/marketing teams now?? See, I know some stupid people, and I know some liars too, but the stupidity and untruthfulness that comes from their press, omfg.

That's so inconsiderate, please have some compassion :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1567786092290.png
    1567786092290.png
    606.1 KB · Views: 103
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Kyle Bennet actually quit from Intel because he had some things come up in his family. But yes, Intel has become all out attack mode, and instead of merely showing off their products versus their competitors, they now say shit straight to AMD's face that "OH WE ARE BEttEr THAN YOU" when clearly, 56 cores doing 400W TDP (keep in mind, Intel TDP*, so we are looking at over 500W, if not over 600W), while AMD's 64 cores do 250W. Intel is a literal joke now. And I will call out Intel for this because in fact, they show off their performance numbers, however they have certain optimizations, they have gone as far as disabling SMT on AMD's CPUs, they use boost frequencies in their benchmarks WITHOUT STATING THE PL2 TURBO LIMIT; what the actual fuck has gone into Intel? Are they hiring high school dropouts for their press/marketing teams now?? See, I know some stupid people, and I know some liars too, but the stupidity and untruthfulness that comes from their press, omfg.

My thought process on this is the majority share holders are the ones to blame for this and all of the other Intel bs we have seen lately.

System Name O-Clock
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Why do people like you take facts so personally? "He said AMD is bad at execution, that's so inconsiderate! He must be entitled" Seriously? Also -- what about saying that there is a shortage of 3900x as a evidence of their struggle to execute is complaining? I don't care, I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

AMD is a tiny company doing huge things, they are NOT known for their execution. I really am sorry that this hurt your feelings to the point that you felt the need to tell me how entitled I am based on how I type (lol!).

That's so inconsiderate, please have some compassion :rolleyes:
Ok so i did not see that on the amazon page before i uploaded it, so you can disregard what i said about the availability. And no it did not hurt my feelings. I wasn't personally offended or anything, I was just saying, you should probably get to know how hard people work to make complex products like these before complaining about availability (which is mainly due to people buying out stores and reselling for astonishingly high prices). Yea I agree with you that they should have had a much higher stock, but I don't agree with you on calling them a running joke just because of one aspect. If that were the case, Chinese transistors would beat their processors. But that isn't the case, so they aren't a running joke.

My thought process on this is the majority share holders are the ones to blame for this and all of the other Intel bs we have seen lately.
I am not very knowledgeable on the stock history of Intel or AMD, so I won't try to disprove you there, but I do think it could have also had something to do with AMD's massive comeback.

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Ok so i did not see that on the amazon page before i uploaded it, so you can disregard what i said about the availability. And no it did not hurt my feelings. I wasn't personally offended or anything, I was just saying, you should probably get to know how hard people work to make complex products like these before complaining about availability (which is mainly due to people buying out stores and reselling for astonishingly high prices). Yea I agree with you that they should have had a much higher stock, but I don't agree with you on calling them a running joke just because of one aspect. If that were the case, Chinese transistors would beat their processors. But that isn't the case, so they aren't a running joke.

It's not one aspect, of the big tech companies with campuses in Austin, - Apple, Intel / Altria, Nvidia, Amd, Samsung, IBM, etc... every time there is a launch from AMD there are a plethora of launch issues, almost always around supply and communication. The running joke about them is about their execution - they way they run things - not their processors.

Read through the last 5 AMD launches and you will see a very clear trend emerge.

Processor design (Keller k10 & Zen) and fabbing is ungodly hard; engineering is hard; pulling a cash-strapped business from the grave and sticking it to the industry leader is hard (Lisa) - but these are the things AMD has been great at. The stuff they are terrible at: marketing, supply chain control, marketing, communication with customers/vendors, QA, marketing - much less hard.

Regarding the Chinese 'transistors' you were referring to this?:

Given AMD's own PR gaffes recently, you'd think Intel would know enough to stay silent and let attention remain on that. Yet somebody approved not only the making of this, but the release of it at this time, and made it once again clear that no company does shady, often outright false marketing quite like Intel. I guess Ryan Shrout couldn't suppress his natural instinct to shill their products as hard as he possibly can, given he's spent the best part of the last two decades doing it.

Gin

The fact Enhanced Sync/Freesync does not work with 144hz freesync monitors on navi gpu's 2 months after launch has put me off to AMD in general. I'm considering Intel 10nm and rtx 3xxx series next summer/fall as my ultimate build that will last me 5-7+ years. I really wanted an all AMD setup, but I just want it to work, I don't want to have to fight software... :/

@Durvelle27 Has the latest drivers from yesterday/two days ago fixed any of your issues yet with Navi?

Nvidia took 6 months to fix Space Invaders and Intel has a lot of security issues, requiring patches that lower performance. No one is perfect.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Every company; including Intel, AMD and Nvidia, always cherry-pick the benchmarks to favor their products, that's why we should only care about unbiased third-party reviews.

I really dislike seeing this argument when it's used to refer to, apologize for, or defend the actions of any entity whether corporate or an individual. The implicit logic, which I assess as being false, inherent in this argument is:

Whatever behavior is being committed, it's not justified to condemn or express disapproval toward whomever is committing said action since the same behavior is exhibited by multiple actors.
Now, I can't be absolutely sure, but I'm extremely confident that never once, has an attorney or defendent engaging in self-representation successfully utilized the following argument before a judge and/or jury:
Your Honor, it's obvious that my defendent has committed this homicide and that there's a propensity of corroborated evidence demonstrating this fact, but Your Honor, there's countless other people committing homicide every single day so therefore you and the jury should just "get over it" and accept this behavior despite its objectively disingenuous, deceitful, immoral and unethical nature because it's no big deal since everyone else does it as well. After all, when everyone is guilty of the same offense, everyone is somehow innocent.
That's definitely never been a successful strategy for defense or to establish innocence and more than likely, its never even been attempted as anyone familiar with logic (referring to the academic and philosophical connotation of the word rather than its colloquial use synonymous with the use of phrases like "common sense") can immediately see its inherent deficiency.

Furthermore, the observable prevalence of this "argument" in the tech community, and especially in the PC community, does every member of these communities a disservice by normalizing, not only this disingenuous behavior, but also its acceptance which aids in its dissemination and assimilation into the great PC community and culture. I oft repeat a favorite phrase of mine:
You cannot feed a tiger steak and expect it to become a vegetarian.
Meaning that we (the community as a whole) cannot apologize for and accept this behavior as a normal part of business and then expect any company to not engage in it. The only way to prevent such low handed tactics is to incentivise abstaining from them by, not only reacting with repulsion, but by voicing it publically and ensuring its efficacy by actually acting on it.

A culture of ineffectually voiced grievances exists in the PC community...where, for example, professed esteem for the discerning consumer that incorporates the metric of value/price:performance. In reality though, and strongly suggested by pertinent data, an exceedingly small fraction of consumers comprising the T.A.M. actually practice this type of consumerism, instead buying whatever tier they can afford regardless of its value. It's as though the PC community preaches abiding by the parameters of being a scrutinous consumer whenever it's somebody else who's making the purchase, but when it comes to themselves, such a savvy strategy evaporates into thin air with the only considerations being a covetous demeanor toward anything new and a rapacious obsession with egotistical gratification for the sake of improving one's station in the hierarchy of hardware performance compared to others. Yes, the tech companies are manipulative, avaricious, and self serving, but the PC community mirrors the very same criticisms we levy upon these companies and it's only making us evermore vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation by marketing campaigns like the one which brought us all here to these comments.

Sorry for the rant, but I do appreciate how cathartic it has been. By no means do I think I am above any of this as I've been guilty myself. My intent is simply to advocate for whatever is best and whatever will improve the disposition of the PC community as a whole and to argue for an increased sense of solidarity (as opposed to brand factionalism and infighting amongst ourselves) so as to fully realize the potentiality of manifesting a collectivized power to the betterment of us all.

Intel is in a lot of trouble in most of the sectors in which they compete.

The bread-and-butter highly profitable x86 revenue is being eroded at an accelerating rate by very competitive AMD offerings in mobile, desktop and servers.

ARM has dominated the ultra-mobile space with low-cost parts at razor thin margins that weren't attractive enough for Intel to pursue further than some early Atom designs.

The GPU and parallel computing market has been largely dominated by Nvidia and AMD. Intel is presently trying to catch up from an underdog position.

IoT isn't quite mature and will likely be dominated by low-cost ARM platforms when/if it does mature.

You might recall Intel declaring recently they will take more risks. That's a position they should have taken 10+ years ago. This is the problem when large corporations become complacent and become run mostly by accountants and executives bonused on farming existing products and not risking harming the bottom line by investment in emerging sectors that may not provide a return.

System Name Baxter
Processor Intel i7-5775C @ 4.2 GHz 1.35 V
Motherboard ASRock Z97-E ITX/AC
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3 with Noctua NF-A12 fan
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz CL11 HyperX Savage DDR3
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black @ 1950 MHz
Storage 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 2242 NVMe SSD (boot), 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO, and 4TB Toshiba X300 7200 RPM HDD
Display(s) Vizio P65-F1 4KTV (4k60 with HDR or 1080p120)
Case Raijintek Ophion
Audio Device(s) HDMI PCM 5.1, Vizio 5.1 surround sound
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum 600 W SFX PSU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G613 and Microsoft Media Keyboard
Is Intel telling us we don't need performance in heavy applications because my mom and grandma don't use those? Seriously, I don't care if only 1 in 1000 people use a specific application, if that one person does they're going to want the better performing processor.

Intel is actually taking a leaf from AMD's book back in the FX dark days. AMD used to say that they were fast enough where it mattered. Intel would say they're the best at everything. My my how the tables have turned.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
You know, after almost 8 years with my X79 machine, I'm getting to a point where I want to do another build and Intel isn't winning any brownie points with me on this one.
Is Intel telling us we don't need performance in heavy applications because my mom and grandma don't use those? Seriously, I don't care if only 1 in 1000 people use a specific application, if that one person does they're going to want the better performing processor.
Exactly. Not just that, but if someone is buying an 8c or more system out of need, there is a really good bet that it's not grandma doing it.

Hey INTEL, release 10nm ICE LAKE across the board already, get on with it! I have been waiting for years, and I surely don't want to give my hard earned money to a company funded by middle eastern filthy oil money, but INTEL, if you keep me waiting another year ill cave, I am still on a 7 year old i7, and I have been waiting for desktop ICE LAKE for a very long time.

A desktop ICL isn't on the roadmap AFAIK, so you'll probably be waiting for quite a few years.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Hey INTEL, release 10nm ICE LAKE across the board already, get on with it! I have been waiting for years, and I surely don't want to give my hard earned money to a company funded by middle eastern filthy oil money, but INTEL, if you keep me waiting another year ill cave, I am still on a 7 year old i7, and I have been waiting for desktop ICE LAKE for a very long time.

do you have proof of this allegation against AMD?

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, Intel and Nvidia has never had supply problems.
And everyone has a friend at AMD.

Oh look, another bigot with more mouth than brains!

Last edited:
do you have proof of this allegation against AMD?
it was well documented At the time, they got funded years ago. off the top of my head if memory serves correctly was twice, the first was around 2003, and again in 2008. One of the well known "princes" that runs a fund invested twice, pretty much saved the company. he bought when amd was at 2-3 dollars per share in 2003, then again in 2008 when it was 3 bucks per share. It was a lot of money, some insane amount, like 100 million each time, maybe more, I cant recall the exact amount, whatever, it was oil filth money. they sure aren't getting my money, not that they care. Call Kramer, he'll remember, I watched it when it got reported on CNBC. seems strange to me you aren't aware. (no offence) then again, I guess not many tech heads watch Kramer on CNBC

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6800 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Cougar MG120-G
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?
it was well documented At the time, they got funded years ago. off the top of my head if memory serves correctly was twice, the first was around 2003, and again in 2008. One of the well known "princes" that runs a fund invested twice, pretty much saved the company. he bought when amd was at 2-3 dollars per share in 2003, then again in 2008 when it was 3 bucks per share. It was a lot of money, some insane amount, like 100 million each time, maybe more, I cant recall the exact amount, whatever, it was oil filth money. they sure aren't getting my money, not that they care. Call Kramer, he'll remember, I watched it when it got reported on CNBC. seems strange to me you aren't aware. (no offence) then again, I guess not many tech heads watch Kramer on CNBC

You mean Mubadala ? I don't quite sure 12,9% stake is considered "owning", and they already slimming it down back at February :rolleyes:

System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS 6.2GHz/Allcore5.9
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 2TB / Firecuda 530 2TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
Can't wait for those real world Steam and battlenet loading time benchmarks that will define the next generation of desktop and hedt CPUs that'll help me choose my next purchase.
;o