• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel X299 Platform Called a "VRM Disaster" by Overclocker der8auer

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
It would seem Intel's X299 platform is already having some teething issues, with user "der8auer" of overclocking fame claiming the platform is essentially a complete "VRM disaster." In the video in which these claims are made, he levies the blame to both Intel and the motherboard manufacturers "50/50." For Intel's part, he blames them for the short product launch which was pulled in from August to June, giving the motherboard manufacturers in der8auer's words "almost zero time for developing proper products."

In the video, der8auer elaborates to basically claim a completely lack of consistency among the quality of VRMs and their heatsinks in various manufacturers. In his first test, he takes a CPU that is known to do 5.0 GHz and on a Gigabyte Aorus branded mainboard found himself unable to even hit 4.6 GHz with dangerously high VRM temperatures. He goes on to blame the heatsinks on the VRMs, going so far to call the Gigabyte solution more of a "heat insulation" device than a cooler, as a simple small fan over the bare VRM array did many magnitudes better than a simple standard install with the stock VRM cooler attached. After an MSI-branded board did similar, it became clear this was not an isolated issue.

der8auer also went on to criticize the lack of voltage input in the form of many boards having only a "single 8-pin connector" which der8auer claims is not nearly enough. He claims a cable temperature of nearly 65 degrees Celsius on the 8-pin EPS cable which is obviously disconcerting, though TechPowerUp has been in discussions with renowned PSU-tester Jon Gerow (Jonnyguru) who feels the "all-in-one" cable design on the Super Flower PSU shown in the video may be partially to blame here for the heat level with that current draw. It's hard to tell which part is more at fault for that temperature and we will update that as we know more. Until then, here's is Jon Gerow's direct comment on the matter:

"If you used the SuperFlower PSU in the video with the crystal connectors, that's part of your problem. Those "universal 9-pin connectors" have less conductors than most other modular PSUs because the same connector that's used for EPS12V, PCIe, etc. has to also support +5V and +3.3V for Molex and SATA and then there's an "LED pin" which, when grounded to a ground pin, turns on the interface's LED. A horribly bad design. This is why the wires would be so hot. I suggest checking the voltage at the PSU and then at the motherboard's EPS12V to see what the drop looks like under load. If the voltage is significantly lower than +12V, the board is going to have to pull more current than it normally would. I then suggest using that AX1500i you have on the shelf behind you and see if you end up with the same results since that modular cable for the EPS12V is four +12V pins and four grounds. -- jonny"

The frustrations expressed here have also been shared by Overclock.net user "Silicon Lottery," who sells prebinned overclockable CPUs to the general public. His statements on the matter mirror user der8auer's concerns, stating the following in a forum post at Overclock.net:

"I am having trouble with some of these X299 motherboards. I've bought a wide variety for this launch, and none of them are really handling the load of an overclocked 7900X as well as I'd expect. VRM temps through the roof and boards throttling."

One thing is for certain: The VRM situation is far from consistent at this point in time, and overclocking results on one board may not be consistent to another. Heatsinks may be inadequate, and as far as overclocking is concerned, it may get interesting folks, and not in a good way. In the end der8auer concluded he couldn't really give a solid recommendation to any of the launch boards put past his desk, all of them having one issue or another with VRM heat at some point.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Memory 64GB TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34-1T
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Audio Device(s) 8ch LPCM via HDMI to Yamaha Z7 Receiver
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
Well yea it should be common knowledge that if you use a water block, then you need a fan on the VRMs...

I'm waiting for the Rampage VI APEX to be released before I upgrade to 10 cores.

System Name Scrapped Parts, Unite !
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 @4.0 Ghz
Motherboard MSI B450-A Pro MAX
Cooling Stock
Memory Team Group Elite 16 GB 3133Mhz
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame GeForce GTX1060 Vulcan U 6G
Storage Hitachi 500 GB, Sony 1TB, KINGSTON 400A 120GB // Samsung 160 GB
Display(s) HP 2009f
Case Xigmatek Asgard Pro // Cooler Master Centurion 5
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 500 W
Mouse Logitech G102
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Minesweeper 30fps, Tetris 40 fps, with overheated CPU and GPU
No worries; with Intel size they can fucking up their product, still able to tank the hit and get away with it
but one thing is certain : this wont last for very long if they keep doing this

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
I personally love those videos. Those present the exact reality over the PR BS those IT companies are spreading over fakeish presentations and commercials.

No worries; with Intel size they can fucking up their product, still able to tank the hit and get away with it
but one thing is certain : this wont last for very long if they keep doing this

Especially if people have viable alternatives.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Well yea it should be common knowledge that if you use a water block, then you need a fan on the VRMs...

I'm waiting for the Rampage VI APEX to be released before I upgrade to 10 cores.

The issue here is more that the quality of the VRM heatsinks is piss poor in almost every conceivable situation, if I understand it correctly. Silicon Lottery is not only binning on water I'm reasonably certain.

System Name Scrapped Parts, Unite !
Processor Ryzen 5 3600 @4.0 Ghz
Motherboard MSI B450-A Pro MAX
Cooling Stock
Memory Team Group Elite 16 GB 3133Mhz
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame GeForce GTX1060 Vulcan U 6G
Storage Hitachi 500 GB, Sony 1TB, KINGSTON 400A 120GB // Samsung 160 GB
Display(s) HP 2009f
Case Xigmatek Asgard Pro // Cooler Master Centurion 5
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 500 W
Mouse Logitech G102
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Minesweeper 30fps, Tetris 40 fps, with overheated CPU and GPU
I personally love those videos. Those present the exact reality over the PR BS those IT companies are spreading over fakeish presentations and commercials.
this release of whole Core i9 extreme thingy remind me of Pentium 4 Gallatin EE which they try to steal the AMD spotlight on Athon CPU series

Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
The issue here is more that the quality of the VRM heatsinks is piss poor in almost every conceivable situation, if I understand it correctly. Silicon Lottery is not only binning on water I'm reasonably certain.

Read the comments on his youtube video:

You know part of the CPU heatsink's job is to move air over the VRM heatsink right? When you use a water block you dont have air moving around the socket and thus you get overheated VRMs. I guess der8auer just expects board manufacturers to start using VRM heatsinks with active fans. I dont think this is necessary, atleast not on the low end boards hes talking about ie. gigabyte gaming 3 or asus prime.

As for the 8 pin CPU power connector, its rated for 336 watts but his power supply only uses 6 wires for that 8 pin cable so I'm not surprised that its overheating.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
X299 has been a trainwreck from the start. Worse IPC, worse design. Damn.... Poor intel so eager to deliver.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Read the comments on his youtube video:

You know part of the CPU heatsink's job is to move air over the VRM heatsink right? When you use a water block you dont have air moving around the socket and thus you get overheated VRMs. I guess der8auer just expects board manufacturers to start using VRM heatsinks with active fans. I dont think this is necessary, atleast not on the low end boards hes talking about ie. gigabyte gaming 3 or asus prime.

As for the 8 pin CPU power connector, its rated for 336 watts but his power supply only uses 6 wires for that 8 pin cable so I'm not surprised that its overheating.

He's referencing his 30mm fan he directly mounted to the heatsinks I'm pretty sure. That's quite different than the airflow a standard CPU aircooler will provide. It still did better without the heatsinks, mind you.

The PSU 6-wire issue was mentioned in the article and it would seem there is definitely more investigation needed there.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
i always make sure the moBo i purchase has decent Phases & VRM sinks that do more than look like a Gundam Robots armor ;) (which in many cases the looks seem to be the main goal)

Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
Another garbage launch from intel, this time around a very expensive garbage. Guess like 7700k we will soon hear from intel not to overclock all the K series SKUs to avoid problems.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
Meanwhile, at Intel headquarters parking lot...

System Name DEVIL'S ABYSS
Processor i7-4790K@4.6 GHz
Motherboard Asus Z97-Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H110 (2 x 140mm)(3 x 140mm case fans)
Memory 16GB Adata XPG V2 2400MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 780 Ti Classified
Storage Intel 750 Series 400GB (AIC), Plextor M6e 256GB (M.2), 13 TB storage
Display(s) Crossover 27QW (27"@ 2560x1440)
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse Ttsports Talon Blu
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1803
Benchmark Scores Passmark CPU score = 13080
X299 has been a trainwreck from the start. Worse IPC, worse design. Damn.... Poor intel so eager to deliver.
So eager, they released the fastest consumer CPU ever made, on the best HEDT platform ever, with better single core performance than almost every other CPU (except for their own i7-7700K), and did it at a much lower price than the last generation. You call that a trainwreck? I call it brilliant! Granted, they rushed the release by a couple months, and this thinned out the number of motherboards that were available at launch. But are you really heartbroken about that? Were you planning a knee-jerk upgrade from your present X99 rig? I'd wait for the better motherboards, myself, let the platform mature a few months. Are you upset because they run so much faster than X99 CPUs (10-15%), or because they cost so much less (and you feel that you paid too much for your X99 system)? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I really am curious as to why a few reasonable, intelligent people are having such a negative reaction to X299, which seems all out of proportion to any perceived shortcomings. Also, nobody is forcing anyone to buy this platform. I just don't understand your position, except for seeing that it pushed some kind of emotional button in you, not a considered rational response. Okay, it's not perfect - please tell me a better alternative (past, present, or known future).

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
So eager, they released the fastest consumer CPU ever made, on the best HEDT platform ever, with better single core performance than almost every other CPU (except for their own i7-7700K), and did it at a much lower price than the last generation. You call that a trainwreck? I call it brilliant! Granted, they rushed the release by a couple months, and this thinned out the number of motherboards that were available at launch. But are you really heartbroken about that? Were you planning a knee-jerk upgrade from your present X99 rig? I'd wait for the better motherboards, myself, let the platform mature a few months. Are you upset because they run so much faster than X99 CPUs (10-15%), or because they cost so much less (and you feel that you paid too much for your X99 system)? I'm not trying to be a smartass, I really am curious as to why a few reasonable, intelligent people are having such a negative reaction to X299, which seems all out of proportion to any perceived shortcomings. Also, nobody is forcing anyone to buy this platform. I just don't understand your position, except for seeing that it pushed some kind of emotional button in you, not a considered rational response. Okay, it's not perfect - please tell me a better alternative (past, present, or known future).

Id probably go Ryzen or upcoming Threadripper before x299.

System Name Off-Brand PC System
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard X399
Cooling Wraithripper
Video Card(s) Vega 64
Benchmark Scores Less than Intel and Nvidia
It's the mobo makers' fault. The heatsink itself works well. It's the gimmicky plastic addons attached to the heatsink that wrecks the temperature. Asrock looks like the best option.

System Name Off-Brand PC System
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard X399
Cooling Wraithripper
Video Card(s) Vega 64
Benchmark Scores Less than Intel and Nvidia
There's no alternative. Threadripper needs too many slower cores to match the lesser but significantly faster cores from Intel. For consumers, too many cores become a liability---too hot to cool, lower clocks hinders singlethread performance. Quantity over quality model can only go so far, which is why Apple is smart enough to imitate Intel with highquality single-threadrd performance with adequate amount of cores to boot. Ryzen makes more sense for servers.

they released the fastest consumer CPU ever made,
Not consumer. Prosumer. Consumer/Mainstream platform is socket 1151. Also 7900X is not de facto the fastest CPU out there. 6950X beats it in multiple occasions in syntethics and 7700K trounces it in gaming.
on the best HEDT platform ever,
That's arguable. They may fix a lot of issues in the coming months but not everything that's wrong with X299 can be fixed with a new BIOS. X99 is for the moment best HEDT platform.
and did it at a much lower price than the last generation.
Yes but at the same exact price than generation before that. 7900X only seems like a good value if you compare it to the ridiculously overpriced 1700 dollar 6950X. Not so much compared to 5960X.
You call that a trainwreck?
High prices? Check
Immature platform? Check
High load temps due to TIM underneath heatspreader? Check
Less PCI-E lanes compared to soon arriving Threadripper? Check
Bad VRM designs on X299 motherboards? Check
Inconsistent performance due to tweaked cache structure? Check
CPU segmentiting forcing you to buy atleast a thousand dollar CPU to get the full 44 PCI-E lanes (wich is still 20 short of Threadripper)? Check
Kaby Lake-X abominations that should not even exist? Check
Limitations forcing you to buy RAID keys separately for extra money to use full feature set already present on boards and CPUs? Check
Shady marketing claiming VR and 12K (wow) capability when i truth the mainstream platform can handle these? Check
I call it brilliant!
I wish you luck if indeed you decide to go to X299. For me personally i see too many shortcomings. Atleast in order to justify some of these and look the other way 7900X and all currently released 3 Skylake-X parts should be #1 #2 #3 in every benchmark (exept maybe in gaming). But they're not. So you get a lot of issues for performance that is not even on the top in every scenario.
Granted, they rushed the release by a couple months,
That's an understatement considering everything above 10c/20t was a last minute addition as a kneejerk reaction Threadripper. So last minute that they won't be out until the next quarter. Not only that but Intel didn't even have time to make proper substrate for these CPUs and on Skylake-X parts uses Xeon substrate (you can verify that by looking at the RFID chip in the corner next to the IHS wich is deactivated on Skylake-X but active on Xeon).
Are you upset because they run so much faster than X99 CPUs (10-15%),
That's a best case scenario. There a cases where they are 15% slower instead.
or because they cost so much less (and you feel that you paid too much for your X99 system)?
Again - only when comparing to 6950X.
I really am curious as to why a few reasonable, intelligent people are having such a negative reaction to X299,
which seems all out of proportion to any perceived shortcomings.
Not at all out of proportion considering the list of negatives i managed to come up with from the top of my head. It seems every bit of news coming about X299 is just another negative.
Also, nobody is forcing anyone to buy this platform.
True but if a product exists it should be as good as possible. This can't be a justification for bad and/or overpriced products - just don't buy them.
please tell me a better alternative (past, present, or known future).
Threadripper. Tho it won't be able to match the best performance examples of Skylake-X it will bring much lower prices, more cores for less price, proper soldered IHS and feature parity for all models and 20 more PCI-E lanes compared to Skylake-X.

System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care
Tomorrow wins! :rockout:

It's nice to see Intel taking all the shit for a change. It's good for the market that AMD gains some traction now that Intel is fucking everything up. Any % of market share towards AMD because of this is good for everyone.

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
It's nice to see Intel taking all the shit for a change. It's good for the market that AMD gains some traction now that Intel is fucking everything up. Any % of market share towards AMD because of this is good for everyone.

At the end of the day, only solid product/technology matters. So yeah, I am really happy Intel is getting some major kicks in the nut-sack.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 470 Nitro+ 4GB
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
Not trying to defend the board manufacturers, as they clearly fucked up, but maybe they didn't take into consideration the 7900X consumes 250W.
The VRMs prolly would get a chance to stay cool if Intel didn't design a power hungry monstrosity.

inb4 Intel comes with the statement not to OC your $1000 unlocked cpu...

Not trying to defend the board manufacturers, as they clearly fucked up, but maybe they didn't take into consideration the 7900X consumes 250W.
The VRMs prolly would get a chance to stay cool if Intel didn't design a power hungry monstrosity.

inb4 Intel comes with the statement not to OC your $1000 unlocked cpu...

Board makers didn't fuck up (at least not everything). Intel (and AMD) have to be VERY clear and strict about minimum specs for the VRM. Board makers have to strictly obey that. They can go crazy and overdo the VRM segment of their boards, but they are NOT allowed to go below what Intel or AMD specify for their processors. Only fuck up by the board makers is the fact that Intel has now given them single board that takes anything from crappy quad core up to insane 10 cores. This means VRM needs to be bonkers on all boards even if they'll be primarily bought by budget people for their "high end" quad cores. If board makers try to save things on their own here, that's another thing. It's also possible Intel did fuck up. They can have loads of $ to throw at anything, but rushing things can lead to mistakes even if you have billions to throw around.

Processor Ryzen 7 1800x
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Corsair H115i
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Rx 480 Gaming X
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
Display(s) ASUS MG279Q
Case Corsair 600Q
Power Supply Corsair RMi 1000
Mouse Logitech G403 Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB
Software Windows 10 Home

It helps that AMD has finally something good. Frankly their previous CPU's were not competitive.