• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel X6 9600KF 5.00GHz Project (take two)

System Name Dual Socket HP z820 Workstation
Processor Twin Intel Xeon E5 2673 v2 OEM processors (thats a total of 16C/32T)
Motherboard HP Dual Socket Motherboard
Cooling Stock HP liquid cooling
Memory 64GB Registered ECC memory kit (octal channel memory on this rig)
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X 8GB
Storage 2 x 512GB SSD in raid 0
Display(s) Acer 23" 75Hz Gaming monitors 1080P x2
Case Brushed Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Integrated (5.1)
Power Supply HP 1125W Stock PSU
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
italize on those higher clock speeds everyone wants, without the heat from a static overclock to 5.0 across all six cores. Voltage is much more scalable at those lower clock speeds as well, a

Enjoy the build ;)

This is interesting... I thought I was asleep at 7 am this morning...

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
The build looks good man...that case though...neither form, nor function! :p

..so, are you able to stress test that machine at 5.1 Ghz and 1.33V? I see you mentioned temps were holding but in a 2 min cpuz benchmark test... but what happens with a stress test load and a 30 min test (say prime 95 small fft or aida64 fpu only)?

Temps got into the high 160s low 170s at peak
ok.. I saw this....

Why did you list in F? You know darn well we talk in C, lol... what stress test was used?

Last edited:

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Your Fractal case is pretty cool, sound dampening material and all. However, the material they (fractal designs) used to dampen is much less effective. It's much thinner, with the insulation being roughly only 1/3 of an inch, versus the Cooler Master Sileo 500, where this case has sound dampening material everywhere in sight. So in light of this information, we can see why the CoolerMaster case is superior for noise control.

The foam in the fractal is better than the foam in the CoolerMaster for sound dampening. The CoolerMaster foam is cheap foam that doesn't designed for sound control, it was design as padding and just happens to be decent(and cheap) at stopping sound. On the on the other hand the Fractal foam is actual sound dampening foam. The same stuff used in cars doors to stop road noise. It's really quite impressive stuff.

There's more than just foam. I've got 2x140mm Noctua fans in the front on my radiator and a 140mm Noctua in the back as an exhaust. The front has better intake airflow and the back has better exhaust. My PSU is bottom mounted, which allows the PSU fan to draw in fresh cool air, the PSU is semi-passive as well, so the fan doesn't even spin most of the time. The inside gives significantly better airflow as well. So the bigger fans spin much slower. Resulting in a completely silent computer.

If the CoolMaster works for you, great. I'm not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that it is going to be a hurdle.

Case Brushed Aluminium
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
The build looks good man...that case though...neither form, nor function! :p

..so, are you able to stress test that machine at 5.1 Ghz and 1.33V? I see you mentioned temps were holding but in a 2 min cpuz benchmark test... but what happens with a stress test load and a 30 min test (say prime 95 small fft or aida64 fpu only)?

ok.. I saw this....

Why did you list in F? You know darn well we talk in C, lol... what stress test was used?
A compliment from earthdog… no way! lol

I have been experimenting with the case closed and the case open.

Open is obviously going to be most effective for higher overclocks. I need to create two profiles.

The first one being around 5.0-52.2 GHz for benchmarking or maximum system performance.

The second one being for a 24/7 tune with the cover on the case.

I have been experiementing with all core / per core / turbo mode overclocking on the CPU.

I am thinking we will have something like 4.8GHz all core and up to 5.0 turbo boost, but I have yet to dial that in and torture test it. This would be with the lid closed.

Currently, as I am sure most of you are aware, the 5.3GHz result was just to see how far I could push the CPU right out of the gate, to know the limits, so to speak.

As soon as I become familiar with the BIOS and voltage requirements for my RAM and CPU relative to clock speeds I will start building stability into the rig.

I have an R4 with the same stuff, it really is good. It is thin but very dense, heavy. You can make it silent. I like your build, I almost built it twice. I would have gone with a different CPU cooler though. I wont even name names.

I might join you shortly.. Still having a hard time between Intel and AMD :D

pros and cons..
Why thank you, freeagent :)

I would go intel for the latencies. If you check out the AIDA64 Benchmark thread you will see our best intel rig has roughly half the memory latency as the best ryzen rig. Not that this will make a noticeable real world difference, but hey, we all like better #s when it comes to memory latency :)

Yes, the CPU cooler is the weakest link in the system. I need a more aggressive fan profile because when you initially "spike" the CPU with a workload the temps can jump 30-40* in a few seconds before the fan has time to spool up. This is okay most of the time but still something I need to address.

Working on installing battlefield 4.

When I played this game on my Phenom II system, with the same MSI RX 580 8GB gaming x card, I was averaging about 60-65FPS, so yeah, we will see how well the new rig pushes it. That will be a test of my GPU as well, and since it effectively forms a dam inside my computer I think we may encounter some thermal issues. In that case I will remove the lower HDD rack and wiring to improve airflow down there. I can likely put an 80mm fan under the GPU (towards the expansion slots on case) to funnel hot air out and away from below the GPU.

So is that a no to trying out 5.3 GHz on a couple of cores? I wouldn't consider it to out of hand temperature wise for a couple of cores running at that clockspeed.
No, I just haven't tried that. But it's a good idea for sure, I will test it right now.

So is that a no to trying out 5.3 GHz on a couple of cores? I wouldn't consider it to out of hand temperature wise for a couple of cores running at that clockspeed.
So I made a few changes and ran a quick stability test with AIDA64... obviously not long enough to test for stability but it was mainly to see if temps would hold. And they did.
So my CPU configuration looks like this:

Enhanced Turbo mode
1 core = 5.3GHz
2 core = 5.3GHz
3 core = 4.8GHz
4 core = 4.8GHz
5 core = 4.8GHz
6 core = 4.8GHz

Temps in the high 160s low 170s...

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
Currently, as I am sure most of you are aware, the 5.3GHz result was just to see how far I could push the CPU right out of the gate, to know the limits, so to speak.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
All good my man, I’m sure it’s fine! Could probably just use some more case flow. That’s sweet you can run it like that out of the box. As for latency, Newegg doesn’t have much left for lower latency stuff. Last time I looked was around Christmas and there was plenty. I guess with ddr5 coming manufacturers stopped caring? I don’t know I saw the same with ddr3. I would probably go with Intel because I dislike pins and the hassles that go with it. Thinking of 939 here. Thanks for the insight on your build! Deleted my post by accident while scrolling with my kid laying on me on the couch, he moved and the timing was right before the phone slipped out of my hand. I fumbled.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
obviously not long enough to test for stability
If you want you could give RealBench from ASUS a run to check stability. It gives every component a good workout without tying up the system for too long. Just running through the benchmark has caught instability for me. There is a stress test option.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Finally, we get to see the build and the results :D :D

@storm-chaser - More importantly how are you finding the rig?? Everything working well?
Just a side note from me, I'd delete the blurry pics personally. Kinda takes away the work away your doing for the build :(

Case Brushed Aluminium
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
If the CoolMaster works for you, great. I'm not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that it is going to be a hurdle.

Yeah I guess I am partial to this case because I originally bought one new back in like 2010 and ever since then it's had at least 5 different iterations of hardware / CPUs.

In this case, I have

@storm-chaser - More importantly how are you finding the rig?? Everything working well?
Just a side note from me, I'd delete the blurry pics personally. Kinda takes away the work away your doing for the build :(

I know, I need a high resolution camera, that's next on my list. Matter of fact I'm checking newegg as we speak.

Im going to have to get you guys some pictures in the BIOS. Because when I set my overclock to "per core" and set the multi, for example, like this!:

52x
52x
48x
48x
48x
48x
It doesn't stick!

The problem is, everything looks great in the BIOS when you set it up, but once you boot into windows you'll notice your per core overclock did not work. It always reverts to the lower base clock of 48x....

I just installed BF4 so we will see if the computer can handle the heat from a X6 4.8 base CPU with the first two cores throttling up to 5.2GHz, with the side of the case installed.

lol this should be interesting. Have voltage set to adaptive

Sorry about the pictures. You wouldn't believe how many of those I took again because they were blurry. Trust me, I did my best to keep the camera still. But its old and needs to be perfectly positioned to get a good image. Any movement whatsoever and the picture quality goes south.

I'm overjoyed with the new rig. It checks all the boxes for me. It's blisteringly quick and I've achieved my goal of a stable 5.00GHz for benching or gaming.
I am going to 4.800GHz with the side panel on. I will have updated voltages for both configurations, but I am still dialing that in. I am toying with the notion of going with this 4500MHz kit memory kit. Seeing as it has essentially the same clocking as my 4000MHz G.Skill, I suspect my latency would drop a bit if I swapped them out. Ideally, I want to get 5000MHz on the memory I just don't want to pay $1000 for memory... call me cheap! lol

Only $199.99

A configuration like this on here just got me through about 35 minutes of Battlefield 4 on ultra, seeing frame rates in the high 80s to low 90s... beautiful!

Temps? 55*C - 65*C (SIDE COVER REMOVED)

stable.PNG

So now that we have the processor stabilized at 5.0GHz, I am going to work on fine tuning the memory. Here is my first OC result. Note its running at the stock speed of 4000MHz, but the timings are tightened up a bit and I bumped the voltage to 1.450... so this configuration was what I was using for BF4... seems to be holding up to the task at hand. Gosh, I love overclocking. This stuff never gets old.

mem tune 1.PNG

I've concluded that I will build another Z390 based computer since I already have a spare, new in box, MSI TOMAHAWK Z390 mainboard sitting here that I cannot return. So this will mean two things.... I will be able to pass some existing parts off to my new build and continue to refine my original MSI setup. Cooling is handled at 5.0GHz, CPU is SET! so now I want to maximize performance on the memory side of things.

Im toying with the idea of getting this 4800MHz kit for $400, I may pull the trigger. Apparently you need a CPU with a very good IMC to take full advantage of this RAM. And in theory I should be able to run very tight timings at lower clock speeds.

G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4800 Desktop Memory Model F4-4800C18D-16GTRS

EDIT: Having fun tuning the memory now. This is running at 1.5v @ 4533MHz, going to see if I can push it any higher.

memory tune 2.PNG

Improved result with tighter timings.... If I can get into the high 30s for memory latency I will be a happy camper....

memory tune 3.PNG

I had to dial in the timing curve on my CPU cooler fans and that helped with stability and eliminated those pesky temp spikes when you load up the CPU for the first time.

So we have a stable configuration at 5.00GHz, mission accomplished! :thumbs up:

testst.PNG

Now, for the most tricky part... we put the side back on the case and fine tune our BIOS profile for the added heat and poor airflow through the case (which I will be changing)...

But it's still going to be a challenge. I am aiming towards a 4.8GHz all core or a 5.0 turbo core with all the other CPUs running at 48x. Haven't made up my mind yet.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I had to dial in the timing curve on my CPU cooler fans and that helped with stability and eliminated those pesky temp spikes when you load up the CPU for the first time.

So we have a stable configuration at 5.00GHz, mission accomplished! :thumbs up:

View attachment 145862

Now, for the most tricky part... we put the side back on the case and fine tune our BIOS profile for the added heat and poor airflow through the case (which I will be changing)...

But it's still going to be a challenge. I am aiming towards a 4.8GHz all core or a 5.0 turbo core with all the other CPUs running at 48x. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Why not 5.0 all core 24/7?

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Case Brushed Aluminium
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
More goodies arrived today. Now I can set up my second 23" gaming monitor. Package consisted of:

-HDMI cable (premium quality)
-Gaming mouse
-Two Noctua NF-F12 Chromax PWM 120mm fans for case ventilation.
- Asus Zenpad 8" tablet

Unrelated, but the new CPU for my laptop arrived as well. It's the fastest core i7 CPU that can go in a Lenovo T510 laptop. Base speed is 2.8GHz and turbo is 3.4. The 8GB DDR3 memory kit also arrived, so I will be starting another build thread for that shortly.

So, the computer is going down for the fan upgrades and I'll be back at you in a bit.

Now we will be able to see if I can run 5.0GHz with the side of the case closed up.

Stay tuned for results!

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
First build that I have seen that wants to come out of the closet. :laugh:

Looks like it all worked out for you. If your temps were only like 65c with the case open I bet you could have run 5.0 with the case closed. Especially with enough open area around the case to let those channels vent. Who knows, maybe that case has an undocumented Venturi effect. :roll:

Case Brushed Aluminium
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro

Looks like it all worked out for you. If your temps were only like 65c with the case open I bet you could have run 5.0 with the case closed. Especially with enough open area around the case to let those channels vent. Who knows, maybe that case has an undocumented Venturi effect. :roll:

lol

Unfortunately, I have to use that room because anywhere else in the house and the internet doesn't work very well. So I am getting my own hotspot eventually, but for the time being, it's working out okay. I especially like these upgraded monitors, what a thrill for gaming, going from 60 to 75hz

PS... the case is closed and I am running at 5.0GHz.. new fans are in and I am going through the process of setting the timing curves (PWM) right now. They will be slightly more aggressive to prevent tempurature spikes... I'll be back at you with a torture test @ 5.0GHz a little bit later this evening.

Capture.PNG

Actually, you might be on to something here partner. Because now, you have to find a reason to explain away why my rig remained stable for AIDA64 almost an entire hour at 5.0GHz, with the case closed!

LOL I can just see it now: "Mystery Venturi effect stumps the naysayers, haters left confounded and confused."

The computer builder smiles and says: "Haters gonna hate"

Case closed. Get it? :roll:

Here is what made 5.0GHz possible in a challenging environment. First I removed the lower hard drive cage and routed all wiring for the front I/O tucked and zip tied neatly down by the vertical edge of the motherboard (see pics). That removed any potential restrictions in air flow, giving the front fan a much more direct channel to pull air through the lower portion of the case.

I also cleared more of a path for the third 120mm fan (the secret weapon). This is an extra Cooler Master Hyper 212 PWM fan I had laying around... Perfect spot for it up above the 5.25" card reader. With three 120mm fans, we move enough air to keep this puppy cool. And for that, I'm a happy camper. We have not only met, but we have EXCEEDED expectations with this build. I am very happy with the hardware choices I made, and what do you know, it worked out exactly like I thought it would. Not to mention the computer is blisteringly quick. Only one system with similar hardware ranked higher than it on userbenchmark.com, I know, I know, take with a grain of salt. But I still think that's pretty damn impressive. And to do it with a sub par cooler in a sauna of a case. Well, that's just genius ;)

No doubt the twin Noctua 120mm Chromax NF=12 PWM fans are part of the reason why. And they really accent the red and black / msi theme I was going for. Who says you cant have aesthetics, performance and a quiet running machine all at the same time? <----------------------NOT THIS GUY!

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
Looks really good, I love the old school vibe. I like your red and black theme. Really liking how that Meg Ace is looking those vrms should stay icy cold with that cpu even at the 1.37v you seem to need for 5ghz.

Case Brushed Aluminium
Mouse gaming mouse
Keyboard Dell
Software Windows 10 Pro
Looks really good, I love the old school vibe. I like your red and black theme. Really liking how that Meg Ace is looking those vrms should stay icy cold with that cpu even at the 1.37v you seem to need for 5ghz.
Thank you.. I appreciate that. I very much dislike the way cases have gone over the past couple years, so I guess its sort of like in my own way a "protest" build of sorts. In any event, I understand I am pushing a lot of voltage through the CPU. I have passed the nearly hour long torture test with that voltage (1.370) so I've dialed it back to 1.354 and we will see if she can hold it. I've also been told the 9600KF is a little more voltage hungry than it's bigger brother, the 9900K.

lower vcore.PNG

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
Thank you.. I appreciate that. I very much dislike the way cases have gone over the past couple years, so I guess its sort of like in my own way a "protest" build of sorts. In any event, I understand I am pushing a lot of voltage through the CPU. I have passed the nearly hour long torture test with that voltage (1.370) so I've dialed it back to 1.354 and we will see if she can hold it. I've also been told the 9600KF is a little more voltage hungry than it's bigger brother, the 9900K.

View attachment 145966

Yeah seems like its significantly more so than my 9900k @5ghz

Good thing your chip uses significantly less power though.

This load is around 200w give or take software inaccuracy on my chip.
19-20C ambient just for reference.

Screenshot (69).png

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Very glad it all turned out well :D :D Congrats on the 5.0Ghz all core boost :D

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I especially like these upgraded monitors, what a thrill for gaming, going from 60 to 75hz

Wait till you move to 120+. I am still trying to do all the math in my head. I'll be damned if I use metric when I don't have to but damn, I need it in the PC space. Lol

I am with you on cases. I like clean lines but I don't mind the glass. Especially when you are theming stuff.

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Keyboard Logitech G510
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Yes but certainly looks like it can do it :toast:
If you say so... It looks like how auto manufacturers hide their new vehicles when testing on public roads... shrouds and plastic... etc. Not my style. Not paying a premium for that cooler. even if I wanted to lock myself into brand theming :p. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Processor AMD 7900X3D
Cooling In Win SR36
Keyboard Logitech G510
If you say so... It looks like how auto manufacturers hide their new vehicles when testing on public roads... shrouds and plastic... etc. Not my style. Not paying a premium for that cooler. even if I wanted to lock myself into brand theming :p. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

:laugh: Yes the styling is GT style look is there. I was more looking at all the heatpipes, but I agree the cost is restrictive as a viable option vs what else you can get.