• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 Arriving Next Month

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
huh? what are you talking about? Crashes????

I have never had a crash with IE9...ever.
And I use it on 4 pcs.

I have to what are some of you people doing &*???...that's what amazes me.
People may or may not like the layout or the colors, etc. but crashes? Not over here in these parts.

And it's fast too. As fast as any other browser I tried. (FF, Chrome):twitch:

Ive had FF crash and even Chrome fail before, not as near as what Opera ever did. IE ive yet to have any fails with

System Name Custom Built
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus PRIME A520M-A
Cooling Stock heatsink/fan
Memory 16GB 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz
Video Card(s) MSI 1050Ti 4GB
Storage KINGSTON SNVS250G 256GB M.2 + 2 data disks
Display(s) Dell S2421NX
Case Aerocool CS103
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Seasonic M12II-520 EVO
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Yeah I don't like IE9 but crashes/freezes isn't a issue, some people need to stop accusing a program when it's the computer's fault.

In my case none browsers crash rarerly beta alpha versions. And I am using Opera 12.10 beta as default and rock solid, same as Chrome Canary, Firefox Nightly and IE9 and IE10 in Win 8

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
I have had IE 9 crash on me before, but it was my fault:(
I have always used IE browsers and will continue to do so. I have not used Chrome nor FF so I cannot say how well they work. I am just lazy (and accepting) when it comes to my internet browser.

If it has the same layout as IE9 ill stick with IE8.

I want Tabs below the Toolbar and Favorite Button on the left.
I do agree with this statement. I too was annoyed that you couldn't change the layout...

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
huh? what are you talking about? Crashes????

I have never had a crash with IE9...ever.
And I use it on 4 pcs.

I have to what are some of you people doing &*???...that's what amazes me.
People may or may not like the layout or the colors, etc. but crashes? Not over here in these parts.

And it's fast too. As fast as any other browser I tried. (FF, Chrome):twitch:

Ive had FF crash and even Chrome fail before, not as near as what Opera ever did. IE ive yet to have any fails with

Yeah I don't like IE9 but crashes/freezes isn't a issue, some people need to stop accusing a program when it's the computer's fault.

In my case none browsers crash rarerly beta alpha versions. And I am using Opera 12.10 beta as default and rock solid, same as Chrome Canary, Firefox Nightly and IE9 and IE10 in Win 8

So because you haven't experienced it, that makes it impossible, and I must be lying . . . apparently Steve Jobs's reality distortion field moved to M$, and is alive and well.:shadedshu

That said if ya'll had bothered to read earlier in the thread, I stated why I believe it happens, regardless of if I am right or wrong about the how, the fact is it happens, and attempting to blame people for the flaws of software is just petty and pathetic.:shadedshu

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
So because you haven't experienced it, that makes it impossible, and I must be lying . . . apparently Steve Jobs's reality distortion field moved to M$, and is alive and well.:shadedshu

That said if ya'll had bothered to read earlier in the thread, I stated why I believe it happens, regardless of if I am right or wrong about the how, the fact is it happens, and attempting to blame people for the flaws of software is just petty and pathetic.:shadedshu

Well I've read everything and I agree with fourstaff that you need a better IT department. There might be issues with certain browsers but it's their job to fix it. The point is it's as much the devs fault as IE's fault. People have the same experiences with all browsers. If it's only a certain page that fails, is it [insert developer name here] fault or the site itself? If a certain program makes Windows crash, is MS to blame or the developer of the program?

And I can't understand why people argue and get upset about browser choices. At this point it's down to personal preferences. Me I use Firefox because I'm used to it.

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Well I've read everything and I agree with fourstaff that you need a better IT department. There might be issues with certain browsers but it's their job to fix it. The point is it's as much the devs fault as IE's fault. People have the same experiences with all browsers. If it's only a certain page that fails, is it [insert developer name here] fault or the site itself? If a certain program makes Windows crash, is MS to blame or the developer of the program?

And I can't understand why people argue and get upset about browser choices. At this point it's down to personal preferences. Me I use Firefox because I'm used to it.

I don't get upset at personal preference, I do get upset at people not bothering to follow the progression of a conversation, then jumping in a conversation with a butt hurt tone, and telling you the problem is your fault, that it can't possibly be the fault of the software because they haven't had that issue . . . :shadedshu

I explained why I continue to use Fire Fox, primarily for gesture control, atm neither IE, Chrome has a solution that works as well.

I simply despise repeating myself, because someone didn't take the time to understand what was said.

Now having said that, I do tend to agree it's the issue of the school and my old place of work, more than IE, but that doesn't make browser not crash, the fact is it crashes frequently when accessing specific content. So it is an issue for me.

Man all this because people take issue with people sharing their experiences that aren't the same as theirs so they must be wrong.:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
I didn't mean you get upset, just people in general. And yeah people did jump in on that discussion. :)

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Nope, brand new installation, and I have checked there are no registry errors or anything of that nature.

I find it funny how the M$ faithful will grasp at any straw to attempt to shift blame away from M$ products.

I find it funny when people blame the dog when it drinks anti-freeze.

I don't get upset at personal preference, I do get upset at people not bothering to follow the progression of a conversation, then jumping in a conversation with a butt hurt tone, and telling you the problem is your fault, that it can't possibly be the fault of the software because they haven't had that issue . . . :shadedshu

I explained why I continue to use Fire Fox, primarily for gesture control, atm neither IE, Chrome has a solution that works as well.

I simply despise repeating myself, because someone didn't take the time to understand what was said.

Now having said that, I do tend to agree it's the issue of the school and my old place of work, more than IE, but that doesn't make browser not crash, the fact is it crashes frequently when accessing specific content. So it is an issue for me.

Man all this because people take issue with people sharing their experiences that aren't the same as theirs so they must be wrong.:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu:shadedshu

Sites being poorly coded is not MS or IE fault. IE doesn't have a stability issue. You stated your opinion as fact, this is why you are getting into an argument. IE is 100% stable.

Last edited:
System Name Custom Built
Display(s) Dell S2421NX
Case Aerocool CS103
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Keyboard Logitech

Lying != wrong assumption

And I blame the computer not people.

Google "Firefox Crashes" "Chrome crashes" "Opera crashes" "Safari crashes" "IE crashes" and draw conclusions. Then all browsers are crap because they crashes on some computers "without any reason", right? :shadedshu

Or go and make a poll asking if IE9 is stable or not. Then it would be a better metric to outright say that "IE9 is crap and M$ is the bad" instead of "I have some issue in my computer or in "X" website badly coded that makes IE9 to crash.

I had crashes in Windows 7 even on clean installs on "perfectly fine hardware", should I say outright "LOLOL Window$ 7 suckz and M$ is crap and doesn't know how to make a OS??????? (not refering to anyone here in particular) We are rational

If there's a day all browsers or OS are 100% crash safe on all PCs, then we will have found the immortality.

Last edited:
System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
I find it funny when people blame the dog when it drinks anti-freeze.

Sites being poorly coded is not MS or IE fault. IE doesn't have a stability issue. You stated your opinion as fact, this is why you are getting into an argument. IE is 100% stable.

FALSE you wish to debate why it crashes rather than acknowledging the simple fact it crashes, thus it is not 100% stable please GTFO KTHXBAI.

Lying != wrong assumption

And I blame the computer not people.

Google "Firefox Crashes" "Chrome crashes" "Opera crashes" "Safari crashes" "IE crashes" and draw conclusions. Then all browsers are crap because they crashes on some computers "without any reason", right? :shadedshu

Or go and make a poll asking if IE9 is stable or not. Then it would be a better metric to outright say that "IE9 is crap and M$ is the bad" instead of "I have some issue in my computer or in "X" website badly coded that makes IE9 to crash.

I had crashes in Windows 7 even on clean installs on "perfectly fine hardware", should I say outright "LOLOL Window$ 7 suckz and M$ is crap and doesn't know how to make a OS??????? (not refering to anyone here in particular) We are rational

If there's a day all browsers or OS are 100% crash safe on all PCs, then we will have found the immortality.

I never once said that it "sucks" or that IE9 was "crap" only that I have experienced issues with it, and you and the ban stick dummy refuse to accept that.

I'm done debating, and playing semantics, with people that want to blindly ignore reality, I've stated what has happened, explained why, and generally agreed with ya'll and you will not take yes for an answer. Please learn to listen before telling people you know that their wrong and that there to dumb to know it. :nutkick:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I was just sharing my input on this issue too, it was reverse for myself. Only thing that is driving me batty is im having to use a older version of Flash in FF just to run Youtube and like sites, IE dont have the Issue with it being latest, Thank goodness for System Restore in Windows 7

FALSE you wish to debate why it crashes rather than acknowledging the simple fact it crashes, thus it is not 100% stable please GTFO KTHXBAI.

I never once said that it "sucks" or that IE9 was "crap" only that I have experienced issues with it, and you and the ban stick dummy refuse to accept that.

I'm done debating, and playing semantics, with people that want to blindly ignore reality, I've stated what has happened, explained why, and generally agreed with ya'll and you will not take yes for an answer. Please learn to listen before telling people you know that their wrong and that there to dumb to know it. :nutkick:

System Name Custom Built
Display(s) Dell S2421NX
Case Aerocool CS103
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Keyboard Logitech

Learn to read the posts I've never said: you said that or what. :shadedshu: it was examples of people that instead of trying to find solutions are simply bashing a program or developer.

Did you do what I've say about Googing and the poll???? No, right?, because the evidence is clear. You only want to make stupid references to Steve Jobs and "M$", showing no more than simply hate, instead of troubleshooting possible faults on your or the website's end, and childish posts that are near trolling, when people here are kindly pointing you what could be happening..

Alo this thread is done for me. Unsuscribing.

Also your replies to TheMailMan are regrettable, he is nice with you and you only throwing up hate and nonsense

Last edited:

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
FALSE you wish to debate why it crashes rather than acknowledging the simple fact it crashes, thus it is not 100% stable please GTFO KTHXBAI

I am with TMM on this, you have to know what causes the crash before putting the blame. If I drive a nice car, purposely run you down, and send my lawyers to collect money from you for causing damages to my car you will be mighty angry too.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
FALSE you wish to debate why it crashes rather than acknowledging the simple fact it crashes, thus it is not 100% stable please GTFO KTHXBAI.:
So when a game crashes to desktop you blame Windows? Hell when anything that crashes on your computer you blame windows? How about when hardware goes bad is that windows fault too! OMGWTFBBQ M$ IS SENDING DEATH RAYZ TO MA RAMZ! :laugh:

Come on man use a little common sense. :toast:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
ok yall lets just get back on topic, anything crashing can be severl factors whether hardware or software, hell our bodies break down, same with vehicles etc.

System Name White Boy
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
So when a game crashes to desktop you blame Windows? Hell when anything that crashes on your computer you blame windows? How about when hardware goes bad is that windows fault too! OMGWTFBBQ M$ IS SENDING DEATH RAYZ TO MA RAMZ! :laugh:

Come on man use a little common sense. :toast:

When a game crashes that is using that garbage Games for Windows Live yeah it's a safe bet it's winblows. THe issue at hand of IE9 crashing happens on every PC I own, as well as the ones at the school, so I doubt 5 sets of hardware is bad so nice try to shift blame but no.

A crash (or system crash) in computing is a condition where a program (either an application or part of the operating system) exits abnormally after encountering an error. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_crash

So by definition I am correct IE9 crashes, I'm not sure how your failing to understand that.

Learn to read the posts I've never said: you said that or what. :shadedshu: it was examples of people that instead of trying to find solutions are simply bashing a program or developer.

Did you do what I've say about Googing and the poll???? No, right?, because the evidence is clear. You only want to make stupid references to Steve Jobs and "M$", showing no more than simply hate, instead of troubleshooting possible faults on your or the website's end, and childish posts that are near trolling.

Alo this thread is done for me. Unsuscribing.

WOW LOL

Way to go off the deep end, yes because I stated I have had IE9 crash, that automatically means I hate it and am bashing it. GG :nutkick:

Why is it my responsibility to deal with the issue and troubleshoot it, when it's easier to use a different browser that doesn't crash on that specific content?

I am with TMM on this, you have to know what causes the crash before putting the blame. If I drive a nice car, purposely run you down, and send my lawyers to collect money from you for causing damages to my car you will be mighty angry too.

The cause is irrelevant, despite the fact I stated the folowing
I believe it to be a script on my colleges website that hangs, and causes a memory leak that makes it freeze and crash. It doesn't crash 100% of the time, sometimes it recovers from being frozen, but most of the time it does not.

I'm somehow expected to go find the root cause of it all and then waste my time getting the IT department to attempt to fix it before I can say that IE 9 crashes . . . absolute bat shit shinola!

People are attempting to make this into my fault some how, and paint me as a troll, or an idiot. When all I did was have the audacity to share that I have experienced problems with IE9 and that it lacks features I require, and as such I prefer a different browser. This seems to be unacceptable to a hard headed and ignorant few, who would rather paint me as in a negative light than accept that IE9 is capable of crashing just like every other browser.:wtf:

Ya'll are entitled to your belief's just as much as I am entitled to state the fact that IE9 is not perfect and does crash.

As for your analogy about a car and lawyers, I'm sorry but that was a horrible analogy and makes no sense at all.

I'm afraid hyper sensitivity is the becoming the norm here on TPU and people are far to eager to act like butt hurt children when someone expresses a view not their own.:ohwell:

ok yall lets just get back on topic, anything crashing can be severl factors whether hardware or software, hell our bodies break down, same with vehicles etc.

I agree, I've said my piece, if certain persons wish to continue to argue they can do so with themselves.

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
I got an idea, why don't you post up the website that makes IE crash.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Mouse Logitech G602
Software Windows 10 Pro
God all of you are so annoying.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Looks the same as 9 to me.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Still don't like it will continue to use anything else.

hooj

System Name First and last Custom build cus it was just too tedious.
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V LX
Cooling Stock
Memory G.Skill RipJaw X 2x 2GB
Video Card(s) Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
Storage Seagate Momentus XT 320GB
Display(s) 17" Proview LCD/ 19.5" Viewsonic Optiquest/ 19" LG Flatron LCD TV with the Red bit on it
Case NZXT Source 220
Audio Device(s) None
Power Supply Corsair TX750 V2
Software Windows XP Professional
Benchmark Scores N/A
It's actually quite speedy. Cya Chrome, for now.

TheMailMan78

Big Member