1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IRQL bsod back again? >.<

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by kyle2020, Jul 24, 2008.

1. kyle2020 Guest

Ok so this is the 4th time my pc has blue screened this morning - 3 times saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with win32k.sys in it aswell, and one time it said something like PAGE FAULT IN NONE PAGED AREA or something.

Apparently its bad ram. Now if it is, i have a theory that i need validating.

My motherboard only allows me to set my rams voltage to a max of 1.95. I quickly checked on crucials site and it reckons that the ram should be run on 2.2V. Could it be that the ram isnt recieving enough juice because of my shitty motherboard? If so, could i buy something like some geil black dragon that says "1.8 - 2.1V" and run it fine?

This problem is giving me a bad headache - please help!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. kyle2020 Guest

Anyone? And if it is voltage, ill have 2GB of tracers up for sale haha.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. JoshBrunelle

Thanks Received:
    try loosening up timings, what speed are you running them at?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. kyle2020 Guest

just on defaults after fresh install of windows - 5-5-5-15 on 1.95V, running at a shade under 800Mhz.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. JoshBrunelle

Thanks Received:
    Run them through memtest, they should be able to run fine at those voltages, just not the fastest they could be.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. kyle2020 Guest

ill have to i think. Ill run it over night tonight. Do you know what else could be causing this?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    Could be a driver issue, I kept getting BSODs saying IRQL not less or equal then I removed an app called DSLMON.exe and it went away :)

8. kyle2020 Guest

cant find that oli, so it must be an issue elsewhere. Im getting rather annoyed at the prospect of having a previously reliable machine that after 2 weeks of downtime is now crashing upwards of 5 times a day under normal use :shadedshu

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    I still think it's a driver issue. Reinstall windows and and nothing else, if you're still getting BSODs then its a hardware issue.

10. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    i got this with my bad graphics drivers - have you changed yours recently?

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got this error when Windows XP was installing :/ The RAM wasn't seated properly...plus my PSU was dying.

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. kyle2020 Guest

i havent no. ill look to install some more recent ones once i come home from work. thanks for the suggestion.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. kyle2020 Guest

i think its my processor. Im currently running it at stock clocks (2.6) and its going right up to 100% proc use playing CS:S for gods sake - and 60% on idle! She best not be dying on me, Ill cry ='[

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. kyle2020 Guest

If it is dying, slowly, ill run it till it dies then warrant the purchase of an intel quad setup. Everyones a winner! :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Geil Black Dragons won't help you. They state 2v, but in actuality its anywhere between 2-2.4v. I have to use 2.2v, sotck or OCd. Your options basically are to run 6-6-6-18 timings with your current memory to try and get it error-free, buy some cheap crappy generic stuff that will run on 1.8-1.9v, or buy a new mobo.

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. kyle2020 Guest

yeah im running it on those timings, and all seems good so far . . . now my processor is failing so a new motherboard + a Q6600 are soon to be had i think.

10 Year Member at TPU