1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is autofan control in CCC enough to cool 5970?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by bobesko, Jan 27, 2011.

1. bobesko New Member

Thanks Received:
    If someone owns this card I would also like to know what they think of the noise level, what is the max fan speed in % under heavy load when using autofan? And the max temperature under these circumstances. Iam about to buy one and Iam afraid of it being too noisy. Currently I have 5870 and the noise is very acceptable.

2. Over_Lord

Over_Lord News Editor

Thanks Received:
    you'll find out the temps according to the operating conditions at your end after you buy the card and test it out. How are we supposed to predict anything w/o u giving any more details about ur location temps humidity etc etc

I mean for all we know you might live in the Utah Desert, then I recommend against any GCard for their life's sake.

If u live in Alaska, well go ahead and put the fan speed to 1% :p

3. Jan Kyster

Jan Kyster

Thanks Received:
    Found the 5970 was running too hot. Often way above +80 degree C, so changed to an Arctic Cooler:

[​IMG]

Much better now - rarely above 60... Never hear any noise from it either... :toast:

4. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    My 5970 is not overclocked & it is no louder than some of the case fans while gaming.