• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is digital sound all that + chips and best system for under $250?

shevanel

I have been contemplating getting one of those samsung or w/e 5.1 surround sound systems.

I am currently using these older 2.1 altec lansing ada305s and they sound good but I was curious about how the digital stuff sounds compared to basic type speakers?

I am also wondering what is the best system in the lower $200 range?

I know a forbidden place for electronic shopping that has a samsung 5.1 that is $199 ready to go.. should i stay away from walmart shit?

what should I look for? which specs? My sound card is Xf- and does 96khz.. would I be using an optical cable preferably?

Last question...

I think my speakers currently sound decent.. lotta bass, and its crisp.. but i am sure it lacks some range but I wouldn't know because Ive never owned digital stuff.

So, with games like BC2 that have Dolby digital, what does that mean exactly?

If I had a digital sound system would I think it was totally worth the $200 even though my speakers don't sound all that bad?

id appreciate opinions from anyone that owns digital gear that went from basics and all help will be thanked. :toast:

someone on the list is selling logitech z5500 set but the controller thing doesnt work.. @$140? I dont care about the controller but i hear this system is good?

Last edited: