• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is this a major bug in GPU-Z ?

akmtshun

Hello. This is my first post about the bug of GPU-Z.

My PC configuration:
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E
CPU: AMD Opteron 165
Platform: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) Japanese version
Video card: ASUS 7600GT HDMI version

The bug mainly concern with the language of the driver of video card, that is Forceware.

If I use the Japanese version of Forceware, GPU-Z will display the error saying that the GPU-Z cannot find/ locate the specified files. And this error will be recorded in the Event Log -> Application. If I ignore this error, and re-start the program, the Windows will crash.

So, I uninstall the Japanese version of Forceware, and install the English version of it, this time GPU-Z can successfully started.

My erperience tell me that GPU-Z has a problem on supporting the language of Forceware (driver) of Nvidia which means that GPU-Z only runs with the English language of the driver. Huh ? :twitch:

ccleorina

Processor Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965 4.2GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Intel X58
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
Memory G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 2000Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 XFX GeForce GTX 295 1792MB GDDR3 SLI
Storage 2 WD VelociRaptor 300GB RAID0 + WD GP 2TB Data
Display(s) 2 Samsung 30W" LCD 6ms
Case Thermaltake SwordM Black Liquid Cooling Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Falat1ty X-Fi
Power Supply Ultra X3 1600W Modular PSU
Software Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit SP1 OEM
Hello. This is my first post about the bug of GPU-Z.

My PC configuration:
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E
CPU: AMD Opteron 165
Platform: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) Japanese version
Video card: ASUS 7600GT HDMI version

The bug mainly concern with the language of the driver of video card, that is Forceware.

If I use the Japanese version of Forceware, GPU-Z will display the error saying that the GPU-Z cannot find/ locate the specified files. And this error will be recorded in the Event Log -> Application. If I ignore this error, and re-start the program, the Windows will crash.

So, I uninstall the Japanese version of Forceware, and install the English version of it, this time GPU-Z can successfully started.

My erperience tell me that GPU-Z has a problem on supporting the language of Forceware (driver) of Nvidia which means that GPU-Z only runs with the English language of the driver. Huh ? :twitch:

GPU-Z not optimize of multilanguage yet....:rockout:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
hmm that's interesting. can you link me to the japanese driver file so i can install it?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
do i need a japanese windows ? or can i select the language during isntallation?

Namslas90

Yes, you select the language while making download selections. I believe you would have to have the Japaneese language packs for windows installed or you will get nothing but Squares.

:toast:

Last edited: