1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

is this headset any good?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Flava0ne, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    Just want to get some peoples opinions on this headset if they have it or used it before and if they're any good.

CLICK HERE

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    whoa nice!

4. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    The main purpose for me getting a 5.1 gaming headset is for using it with my PS3 mainly but be able to switch it up to my PC when needed. I know that the MLG A40 is totally compatible and fully functional with the PS3 if the PS3 USB microphone adapter is purchased because it connects with a digital toslink cable.

I haven't seen that Turtle Beach headset before, but looking at the specs, they look really good as well. And it's USB which is hopefully 5.1 and microphone compatible with the PS3. Do you know for sure if these are totally compatible with the PS3 without loosing any of its features?

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Those Turtle Beaches don't have USB iirc, at least my version doesn't, just the 1.5mm jacks for 5.1 and mic. But there are some turtle beaches that are xb360/ps3 compatable for what you seek. I like their sound output and they are damn comfortable.

I game on my PC anymore, so I don't worry too much about the console stuff...I'll see if I can dig up the TB's that are console compatable tho!

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    well I know those headsets are used in the MLG for "intense" gaming with halo 3 and other crappy 360 games except gears....damn I love that game, but yeah I was thin king about getting those for my ps3 also but that price is......man,lol it

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Flava0ne

Flava0ne

Thanks Received:
    What about these? Would it be compatible with my PS3 if I get a 3.5mm to USB adapter for the microphone?

CLICK HERE

8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I'd say try to find a list of headsets that have been used with a PS3 man..hopefully someone else can getcha the info you need for console compatability.

Do you really want 5.1 with the PS3 through a headset? On the PC it's easy to do and nice to deal with...I just dunno what's out ther for the PS3 since I don't have one or are interested in it...I have a buddy that has a PS3, he just has a nice set of 2-channel headphones that he uses on it...no dice for recommendations there.

There's gotta be something out there to getcha the info you need, we'll find it! :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU