1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Islam. Christianity. Tolerance. and Candle...

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by GSG-9, Mar 30, 2008.

1. das müffin mann

das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    but it translates into hate and intolerance of other people that don't follow your ideals

tell me this say you have this friend you've known for 10years and one day your hanging out and you discover he is a Muslim would you still be his friend?

2. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

John 20:29

3. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i would continue to be his friend, not as close and i would try very hard to get him to see the light as i do with all my non christian friends. I do have non belivers for friends, they are not close to me though, as this is forbidden. If you belive i speak from hate though you are wrong, i speak from the word of god, what i have said is biblical. God did not command me to be open minded about other realigions he commanded my worship of him. For how can I be open minded when I know that the word of god is the only truth, for would one be open minded to another idea they know to be false. If i said to you, a murderer is justified, or a rapist is justified, would you be open minded or would you scorn me as a mother does her child, in that sense also, do i know that what i say is true and there is no other choice. For the road we walk is a narrow one and there are many paths provided to fall away. I will not be open minded, because I know in my heart the anwser to the question of the matter.

4. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi All, You old Uncle Kreij usually does not intervien in threads like this, but I just wanted to make a few comments on Nitro's insites. These are, of course, my own beliefs and observations.

I have no faith in man or what man does either. To place your faith in what mankind can do is a foolish endeavor. Fleeting at best.

No, we are not a plague on this planet. We are the defining race of this planet. Greed and corruption is a fault of the human race, but it is by no means a defining property of it. There are millions who work to better the planet and not exploit it. To make a gernerized statement that all of humankind is greedy and corrupt is disingenuous at least, and an affort to the those who strive to help others. We all battle against that nature, but we do not have to give in to it.

Nature is not a being. Nature is the physical laws that we exist in.
    We as beings on this planet are still subject to the laws of nature.

Everything in this world is on a path to destruction. If not by some self inflicted habit, then by the degenerative nature of life itself. Live the best life you know how, the result will still be death.

Going back to a purient age would not solve anything. For people in a quest to remove some of the burden from their lives would again come up with the technology, which would eventually corrupt itself and would simply be self repeating.

It is myopic to think that only humanity is on a road to an end. All things are degenerating in that matter.

Here is where faith comes in. God has His hand in everything. Without Him, your next breath would not come. All He want is that we believe what He says. That's it. He asks nothing of us, and has done everything for us. All we have to do is accept his gift.

Teach them in the way of the Lord. It's that simple.

5. das müffin mann

das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    well im off to bed ill continue this in the morn during math class but for now ill leave you with this

The only alternative to coexistence is codestruction.

6. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 3:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:23

to key versus to take to heart, if you wish for your kids to have a better life provide it for them. Eternal life is availble for those who would ask, do it if not for yourself but for your children, for the day will come when christ will decend from the heavens and pass judgement on all of those and on that day would you look at your children and say im sorry i never told you, or would you smile and say we are going home?

7. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    we will coexist but not untill judgement day, for at the time the last trumpet blows and the enemies of the lord are vanquished into the lake of fire, will there be an eternal lasting peace that will be ageless.

8. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Hi DMM, I gotta jump in here.

If you have a friend for 10 years and do not know that he is of another faith, then you are not a friend. You are not even a nieghbor, for who would no so little about the people they are dealing with regularly?

Let's say that you met someone and 10 days later you foudn out they were a Muslim.
    What would a honest Christian do.

They would do everything they could to be a friend to this person, in the same manner that they would do for anyone else that they met.

Our lives are our ministry. We do not "convert". Conversion is in the heart and only God can do that. We are but messengers. Christ did not say, "Go out into the world and beat them into submission or kill them", he said, "make disciples of [in] all nations." He wanted the world to know of what He had done, not beat them over the head with it.

The Christian message is, "Christ died so that you may live". Period.

We are all children of the same God. We, as Christians, are just trying to tell everyone that God has taken care of the details, so you don't have to sweat it.

Grace and Peace.

9. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Actually I would argue the Christian message is John 3:16C JOHN 14:6 if I had to pick a verse
    "No one comes to the father except threw me."
    Father being god, and god brining salvation

(sorry wrong verse, i should have rechecked it it has been a few years..)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
    10 Year Member at TPU
  10. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    The statement that no one come to the Father except through me is not is John 3:16 or 17, but I don't see the argument anyway

John 3:16 & 17
    "For God so love the world that he a gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For He did not come to condemn the world but to save it."

Christ died for the salvation of all. The Bible clearly states this.

11. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    just to throw another take on it, the Catholic message is: "Christ died for your eternal life"

do these differences make any belief right or wrong? I personally don't think so.

are these differences what makes humans inherently human? I'd like to think so.

the brilliance that I find in it, is that these differences are what can bring humans closer together as a whole, but yet instead, we use these differences to push each other away.

I honestly, though, have to commend every single user who has posted in this thread thus far - 9 pages without derailing into a full blown flame war . . . and considering the subject matter . . .

longest religious thread I have ever seen on a non-religious oriented forum :toast:

12. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Oh man im sorry! I listed the wrong verse John 14:6 thats it :ohwell:

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    In the Christian Bible, the New Testament to be exact, it is said that the name of Jesus (the Chrtist) is the only name by which man might be saved.

The Bible also says that we are to spread this good news (that Jesus died for the sins of all men). We are not to start wars, or somehow subvert the message. We are only to deliver it.

It is not up to us if people believe. We are simply messengers.
    We do not judge, if they reject the messaage we simply move on to tell others.
    We do not start wars or incite conflict. We just want to spread the message.
    If people kill us because they hate us, so be it. We will still try to tell them.

That is what true Chirstianity is about.

14. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm three things too!

Not
    Taking
    Bullshit.

You can all argue and debate the little things, but it just pushes you back from realizing the big (and most important thing) all religion is always the best, always was, and always will be. "No mine is better" "NO U" "GTFO bitch" "Hey man, I'm gonna beat the shit out of you"

and that's how wars over religion start.

Me, all religions are bullshit. I don't put them down, and I don't embrace them.

minor rant over.

das müffin mann and Triprift say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  15. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Best post ever my thoughts exactly thanku rb.

16. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Its not about whats the best, none of them are mine. This was/is a debate, thats the point of it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    More or less I can't just rant on Candle because that would get me banned, so this is the best I can do to annoy him.

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Aslong as you're a good person and treat others with kindess make up for any wrongs you may have done in life does it really matter if you dont belive in god.
    Surley he cant punish good people? Cos if he did then id reject him as a god anyway.

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    You can see it, 20 different things all in a row, we are sharing information, maybe you dont find any of it relevant because you do not believe it, I enjoy to learn for the sake of learning.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I enjoy the exchange of information, but I hate it when people who think they are the shit walk in, and start saying outright annoying and ignorant stuff.

There is a reason this thread is called Islam. Christianity. Tolerance. and CANDLE...

Says something right there, don't you think?

But then again, maybe I'm missing something here, after all, I'm just another poster posting his half-baked ideas.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Yes, look at my last post in the Russian thread. I have some rather large issues with him. as some others do..

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the inquisitiveness. Well, taken let's just suppose all the non-Muslims on this planet are eliminated, alright? Soo....the killings hatred, etc. by extremists all magically stop? Nyaaah the divide between the Sunnies and Shiahs will deepen and a new battlefront will be created. Don't worry, I've reserved the best seats in heaven for you and me, front row, centre. :rolleyes:

23. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    I want a ticket too bta.

24. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Although it isn't exactly pertinent to our discussion, I should add that I have experianced religion firsthand.

Buddhism and Hinduism are two religions (IDK if Buddhism counts, no real god) which I have no problem with, I have Buddhist and Hindu friends, and they taught me their beliefs. Very peaceful and tolerant of others. Which is what we need right now.

Judaism, my father's religion is a mixed one, he does not worship a deity, but he follows certain customs. It is also tolerant of diverse views and different cultures.

I should be concerned with "will they end poverty/war/strife in ten years?" rather than "will the bill of rights mean shit in ten years?"

Christianity and Islam are the most dangerous IMO. They are the biggest threat.

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    They are just the biggest, the world is to modernized for there to be a large scale war between super powers over religion...and if the bibles right then my number of large scale wars involving superpowers over religion is off by one...

10 Year Member at TPU