• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Isn't that voltage to high?

D

Deleted member 193596

Do I have to shorten bios pins or removing battery should be enough?
If I have to do the pin thing should I do this with remover battery ?
turn off the PC, unplug the PSU, remove the battery, then short the pins for 20-30 seconds, insert battery, boot.
go into the bios enable DOCP and maybe tweak your fan curve if you did that before.

turn off the PC, unplug the PSU, remove the battery, then short the pins for 20-30 seconds, insert battery, boot.
go into the bios enable DOCP and maybe tweak your fan curve if you did that before.
Thank you
Bios reset didn't help.
I can return mu cpu for the next 2 weeks.
I'll just wait few days more and return it to the shop if there will be no solution.

D

Deleted member 193596

Thank you
Bios reset didn't help.
I can return mu cpu for the next 2 weeks.
I'll just wait few days more and return it to the shop if there will be no solution.

do you even have chipset drivers on linux?

i mean.. linux is another thing but i am 99.999% Sure that the CPU is completely fine... but as we all know.. AMDs Software Team is as qualified as a McDonalds burger flipper. might be an even bigger issue on linux instead of windows.

i even run PBO again since an hour and SC boost is up to 5.05 Ghz and everything works as it's intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you even have chipset drivers on linux?

i mean.. linux is another thing but i am 99.999% Sure that the CPU is completely fine... but as we all know.. AMDs Software Team is as qualified as a McDonalds burger flipper. might a bigger issue on linux.

i even run PBO again since an hour and SC boost is up to 5.05 Ghz and everything works as it's intended.
Drivers are build in kernel.
I'm waiting for new kernel because it has some zen 3 optimisations.
New kernel was released today so it should arrive to my distribution repositories in no time.

Hard to say about x570 driver but It shouldn't be its fault

Ok
Another update.
I joined discussion on AMD Community forum.
There was some guy post.
He said that he contacted MSI support.
They told him to change NbSoC value from auto to + little offset.
It helped him so I decided to try myself.

I changed nb soc from auto to offset +0.05V
and Eureka

I managed to pass 2 full blender benchmarks bit during regular stuff without much cpu load PC rebooted again.

I started test with +0.075 offset
So my question now is. How far can I go with Nb SoC?

Reactions: Rei