• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iTunes Introduces Complete My Album

Bastieeeh

Processor Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard Asus PCH-DL
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS XP and Dual Laing
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800XT
Storage 8x Hitachi 7K250 Raid 5 and 2x WD Raptor74GB Raid 0
Display(s) Eizo 21" FlexScan T966 CRT and S1910 LCD
Case Lian Li PC-V2100B
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Tagan 480W TG480-U01
Turns Individual Songs Into Complete Albums at Reduced Prices
CUPERTINO, California - March 29, 2007 - Apple today announced Complete My Album, a groundbreaking new iTunes service that allows customers to turn their individual tracks into a complete album at a reduced price by giving them a full 99 cent credit for every track they have previously purchased from that album.

"Music fans can now round out their music collections by upgrading their singles into complete albums with just one click, and get full credit for those songs they have previously purchased from iTunes," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of iTunes. "Complete My Album is a wonderful new way that iTunes helps customers grow and enjoy their music collections."

"iTunes continues to revolutionize the digital music industry by offering music fans innovative ways to explore and enjoy new music," said Thomas Hesse, president, Global Digital Business and US Sales, Sony BMG Music Entertainment. "With Complete My Album, iTunes is giving music fans the best of both worlds-the ability to discover great new music by buying just the single and a credit toward the purchase of the complete album."

Complete My Album offers customers up to 180 days after first purchasing individual songs from any qualifying album to purchase the rest of that album at a reduced price. When users buy any song on iTunes the corresponding album will immediately appear on their personalized Complete My Album page with the reduced price listed. For example, a user who's already purchased three 99 cent singles and decides to buy the corresponding $9.99 album would be able to download the remaining songs to complete the album for just $7.02, without having to buy the singles again.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Bastieeeh

Processor Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard Asus PCH-DL
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS XP and Dual Laing
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800XT
Storage 8x Hitachi 7K250 Raid 5 and 2x WD Raptor74GB Raid 0
Display(s) Eizo 21" FlexScan T966 CRT and S1910 LCD
Case Lian Li PC-V2100B
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Tagan 480W TG480-U01
For example, a user who’s already purchased three 99 cent singles and decides to buy the corresponding $9.99 album would be able to download the remaining songs to complete the album for just $7.02, without having to buy the singles again.

I think this describes the deal crystal clear...

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
For example, a user who’s already purchased three 99 cent singles and decides to buy the corresponding $9.99 album would be able to download the remaining songs to complete the album for just $7.02, without having to buy the singles again.

I think this describes the deal crystal clear...

yep.

Ohh decent cd.

*buys 2 songs*

week later, You can buy the rest of the CD without having to repurchase the 2 songs you bought before.

Simple concept, about time its implemented. :)

So basically this is half price albums? Still not worth buying their DRM crap IMO.

Newp. read the article again ;)

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
PRetty straight I guess. Hinder of Nickelback would be good albums IMO

79p a song in the UK when rivals only charge 69p a song. At least its better than what it used to be at 99p a song.

Newp. read the article again

Fine, not as good as i thought it was. Will this just cause people to complete their albums when really they dont want to? The 180 days deadline is a nice touch which will make people think before it is up whether to buy the rest of the tracks or miss out on the cheaper price.

In economic terms they are hoping to change the demand function for complete albums by linking it to singles sales (i.e. a component of the function will now be raw singles sales). Very good business idea on Apple's part and i suppose it gives consumers greater choice in how they can now buy albums.