• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jawbone's Best–Selling Wireless Portable Speaker Now Extends Huge Sound to Big Spaces

Jawbone, a leader and innovator in smart audio devices and wearable technology for the mobile lifestyle, today introduced BIG JAMBOX, a new addition to its portable wireless speaker line-‐up designed to deliver powerful, rich sound experiences in large indoor and outdoor spaces.

Similar to Jawbone's #1 best-selling JAMBOX speaker, BIG JAMBOX wirelessly connects to any Bluetooth enabled device - smartphones, tablets and computers - to stream high-‐quality music, movies, games and phone calls in any environment.

"JAMBOX was the first wireless speaker to bring stunning audio quality to the music, movies and games normally trapped between earbuds on mobile devices," said Hosain Rahman, CEO of Jawbone. "With BIG JAMBOX, we utilized state-‐of-‐the-‐art audio technology to fill a much larger space with amazing sound without sacrificing portability."

Crafted to Deliver More Sound Per Pound

At just 2.7 pounds, BIG JAMBOX pumps out rich, loud sound that is disproportionate to its diminutive size. Under the hood, an airtight enclosure features proprietary neodymium drivers and two opposing passive bass radiators. Advanced digital signal processing and dynamic equalization technology ensures all audio - from music to movies to voice - sounds great both indoors and out, at any volume. A built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 15 hours of continuous playback and 500 hours of standby time on a single charge.

BIG JAMBOX is also a high-‐quality, Type-‐1 compliant speakerphone. It features a newly designed omnidirectional microphone for 360-‐degree sound input, with improved echo-cancellation and full duplex communication for crystal-‐clear calls from the office or home.

Form & Function Beautifully Optimized

BIG JAMBOX combines beautiful industrial design with a thoroughly considered user experience to deliver an unparalleled audio experience in a gorgeous and portable package.

"We designed BIG JAMBOX to be artful and fit perfectly with how people live," said Yves Behar, chief creative officer for Jawbone. "Every element goes back to the purest expression of simplicity, performance and elegance - its compact size, the unique sound you hear when it's turned on, the colors and the wrapped patterned steel grill. Well-‐designed products don't sacrifice form or function."

BIG JAMBOX is designed to be social. With simultaneous multipoint Bluetooth connectivity, you can pair multiple Bluetooth devices to BIG JAMBOX, allowing friends to easily take turns as DJ. Listeners can control the music from their smartphone or tablet, or by using the buttons on BIG JAMBOX to change volume and pause, play or skip songs.

Smart Audio & Updateable Platform

BIG JAMBOX delivers incredible sound quality across a wide variety of content types and genres. Advanced digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms enhance and optimize output for the highest quality playback at every volume - clear and crisp when turned down and full and booming when turned up. It's explicitly tuned for balanced equalization and richness of sound, ensuring that all your audio is played back the way the artist wanted it to be heard.

BIG JAMBOX features Jawbone's exclusive LiveAudio technology built-in to the device, which allows listeners to immerse themselves in three-dimensional sound. Jawbone is collaborating with artists and producers on music, games and other audio formats that leverage LiveAudio to bring even richer sound experiences to life.

Like all Jawbone products, BIG JAMBOX connects to Jawbone's industry-first MyTALK software platform to download audio apps, software updates and customizable features for your speaker. Personalize the voice that announces battery life and caller ID, or customize the Talk button to activate a favorite feature. As new updates are released, BIG JAMBOX will become even smarter over time.

Pricing & Availability

BIG JAMBOX comes in three designs (RED DOT, WHITE WAVE, and GRAPHITE HEX) and is available in the US on May 15, 2012 for $299 USD at AT&T, Best Buy, and Sprint, as well as Jawbone.com. BIG JAMBOX will be available in additional countries this summer.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Looks like something my grandmother would prop her feet on to sand down her corns.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
I could use a footstoool! this would be perfect. It goes with my desk!

System Name Everchanging
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair Dark Hero
Cooling Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 2 420mm
Memory 2x16GB Corsair DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX 3090 Ti FTW3
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 256GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) 2xSamsung 28" 4k HDR 144Hz
Case Fractal Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) fiio K9 to Hifiman Sundara's via 4.4mm balanced cable
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX 850w
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 x64
I've played with one of the original ones at an AT&T store, great bass on them, really a good little device, just can't justify the price (IIRC, the JAMBOX runs $100-150) whem I'm sure you could get a something similar quality for much less.

mdrumt

One of my mates has the original one, they sound and work great!

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
looks like utter shit to me, probably sounds like one too. :(

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
I myself am a big Bowers and Wilkins fan but when I was in the market for an ipod dock speaker for the living room, I thought I would check out some other ones. This one caught my eye and for the money, I thought it sounded excellent.