1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just bought the Razer Diamondback 3G Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MilkyWay, Feb 26, 2008.

1. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    So i just bought the Razer Diamondback 3G Gaming Mouse (Green). Just wondering if anyone has the mouse or did have it has used it. Really want a good view of how the mouse works, ive been using an average Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical. Cost me £20 and im giving my old mouse to my cousin for just a £5er (hes using a rotton ball mouse).

I really like the green and the shape of the mouse so looks are fine.

2. I don't have the 3G mouse, however I do have a Diamondback mouse. And it has been working perfect. I like the program where I can adjust the sensitivity.. it's great if you play CS/CS:S because you can take the Y-axis so low that the shot's become perfect.

What features does the 3G mouse have??

(Oh, and welcome to the Razer club!)

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Yeeeah Razor club :toast: ! As members do we get any special perks like uber ownage at games?

It has a 3g sensor, on the fly sensitivity options with the change of a button, and 1800DPI infrared sensor. 7 changeable buttons and its ambidextrous although im right handed.

It also has the program for changing settings.

Its lighter and different shaped to the Diamondback.

Heres a review http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/diamondback_3g/

When i get it ill post my own reactions should be here by Friday!

4. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    They're very good, i was using a fat old microsoft before one of these (mines blue), and it took some getting used to as your hand sits on it differently (that didnt make sense did it?), i found it quite uncomfortable at first, but now im getting used to it i quite like it.

And the software is great, plus due to it having thumb buttons both sides, its really configurable

edit: Duh, mines a copperhead:eek:, sorry, im having a right dumbass day!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
    MilkyWay says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    I used to have a trust mouse that had 2 extra buttons on it and scroll wheels for both axis.
    It rocked, it had a customisable button and a zoom button lol.

If anything the extra buttons will come in handy for FPS like adding a grenade button or a sight button.

How good are these for strategy games tho?

6. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    Most newer games let you set up the extra buttons, and you can program macro's to the extra buttons (never got round to this, but it could prove pretty handy)

I havent played many stategy/rts etc games since i got it, but did find the extra buttons on my old mouse handy, with a few of the extra buttons set as core commands you barely need to touch the keyboard

MilkyWay says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  7. KNIFE-APEX New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    The microsoft/razor gaming stuff got bad reviews i mean bad ones.
    That sidewinder looks wack its usualy hit or miss with individuals with sidewinder gear.
    I remember that motion controlled sidewinder gamepad.
    Your old mouse looks like it was to chunky for me.

9. KNIFE-APEX New Member

Thanks Received:
    acually its not!!! the small weights are very helpfull for ya in gameing... also it has the light up dpi lights up red showing wat dpi seting ya have or useing.... everybody has diffrant
    wants on mouses.. i never tryed that microsoft razor mouse but the other 2 i have. i use to own a razor copperhead very nice mouse but i didnt like it..

10. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Well the mouse came today just 1 day after so that was fast for the Royal Mail!!!:rockout:

Not tried any gaming yet but the mouse is absolutely the best mouse i ever tried the slight hump on it fits my hand perfectly and the mouse buttons are well easy reach and comfortable to use, the right side buttons are hard to use tho the bottom one is fine its the on the fly sensitivity button but the other one is hard to use it requires moving your hand so i could map it to a less frequent use.

Very accurate and stable.

Nice glow to it as well!

The other buttons are perfect for quick use and click fine i like a bit of force to my buttons if its to light then the button wears easily.