• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just modded X850XT to PE

pic_whizz

Hi Guys,

Here's what I've done so far:-

1.Purchased a Sapphire X850XT (single DVi,Single VGA)
2.Tested using ATI Tool to ensure PE clocks were attainable.- all fine.
3.Flashed the bios using the ATI X850XTPE bios from this site.
4.Tested again using ATI Tool for artifacts - All Fine!
5.Fitted Waterblock and installed tweakmonster ramsinks with a 120mm fan to cool them.
6.Next thing to try - find MAX overclock - my card crashed out as soon as I passed 600Mhz on Core.:-(
7.Decided to to do the Voltmod using Wizzards guide (cheers) - changed my VGPU from 1.4v to 1.7v
8. Card now overclocks to 620/633. Idle temp=34 Loaded temp=44

9.Now I need to know what other vmods to do to get some more out of it!

What does anyone recommend to vmod next??

Cheers,
Pic_whizz.

nflbb

woo........what cooling style you used?show us the pics of the case..........

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
pic_whizz said:
no replys yet...come on guys!

Pic read through this article here the X800 , XL , X850 vmod article will be based on that one ...

pic_whizz

Cheers,

I've had a look at that already - can't seem to work out what to change. I'm quite happy with the MEM speed at the mo, but would like to know if I do the IGPU mod will this improve the overclock on the GPU? (without changing VGPU)

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
pic_whizz said:
Cheers,

I've had a look at that already - can't seem to work out what to change. I'm quite happy with the MEM speed at the mo, but would like to know if I do the IGPU mod will this improve the overclock on the GPU? (without changing VGPU)

The IGPU is only for increased voltage to the GPU, in other words it allows you to push the VGPU higher before the card shuts off ... so it doesn't improve your overclock by itself. If you haven't done the VDD or VDDQ then your memory is cranking... 633 is excellent. You might want to try going tad more to 1.75v on the GPU since you're using H20... but you may have topped out ... still a great oc and you may want to bench it some as it is ... :D

pic_whizz

Cheers for that Urlyin.

I am quite happy with the overclock really, so I'm gonna do some benchmarks to see what I can get.

It actually seems too quick for HL2 now!!

Thanks for explaining the IGPU :) Much clearer now.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
pic_whizz said:
Cheers for that Urlyin.

I am quite happy with the overclock really, so I'm gonna do some benchmarks to see what I can get.

It actually seems too quick for HL2 now!!

Thanks for explaining the IGPU :) Much clearer now.

:D .... Cool Pic glad your happy with the card .... post some benchmarks ...

DEVIL_DK

pic_whizz

where dit ypu get at x850xt pe PCI-E bios
and do yau have a link to vmod plz

pic_whizz

Hi Devil,

The bios is on the main techpowerup home page under the "ATI Bios Collection"

The voltmod is under the "Articles" section also on the home page.

cheers,

Pic_whizz

daysleeper

so what you gain by modding to xtpe??.i jsut wonder should i do the same thing and go with the xtpe-bios

daysleeper

so what you gain by modding to xtpe??.i jsut wonder should i do the same thing and go with the xtpe-bios...this one is fine overclocker without any modsmark05...

pic_whizz

There's really no gain at all in changing to the PE bios, but if something can be done I like to try it!!

It's only useful if your card will only just reach PE speeds in which case the PE bios would be best as it saves loading profiles in ATITool to push the clocks up!

After some prolonged testing I've now dropped the Core slightly to 615Mhz and the Mem's still at 630Mhz. All OK! 34degrees idle and 45degrees under load.

Slayerstaps

Suprise us with some nice scores like 3dmark03 and 05 scores i would love to see that ;)

iluv2fly

pic_whizz said:
Hi Guys,

Here's what I've done so far:-

1.Purchased a Sapphire X850XT (single DVi,Single VGA)
2.Tested using ATI Tool to ensure PE clocks were attainable.- all fine.
3.Flashed the bios using the ATI X850XTPE bios from this site.
4.Tested again using ATI Tool for artifacts - All Fine!
5.Fitted Waterblock and installed tweakmonster ramsinks with a 120mm fan to cool them.
6.Next thing to try - find MAX overclock - my card crashed out as soon as I passed 600Mhz on Core.:-(
7.Decided to to do the Voltmod using Wizzards guide (cheers) - changed my VGPU from 1.4v to 1.7v
8. Card now overclocks to 620/633. Idle temp=34 Loaded temp=44

9.Now I need to know what other vmods to do to get some more out of it!

What does anyone recommend to vmod next??

Cheers,
Pic_whizz.
Very interesting!

I have a Sapphire PCI-Express single VGA with Single DVI to. I would love to flash it with a X850XtPe bios. It runs just fine at PE speeds so why not make it a PE :)

I have been looking for a X850XTPE Bios for some time now. The one in the bios collection is for a dual dvi as far as I can se. Can you send me your bios if it is for a PCI-E.

One more thing. I bought an ATI Silencer 5. My temperature GPU core dropped 30c at full load using ati tool. My overclock increased 20mhz on the memory and 65mhz on the memory. Ati need to work on their stock cooler!

Last edited:

iluv2fly

I did successfully flash my Sapphire X850XT PCI-E, Non Vivo, single VGA, single dvi.

I used the ATI X850XTPE Bios (5D4D) from this web site. Since I don't have VIVO I removed that function with the help of RADEON BIOS TUNER v1.7.

The BIOS is a DVI DVI VIVO but still worked on my VGA DVI card.

I had to use ATIFLASH for the flash to work. Flashrom didn't do the trick.

AMD64 3500+
X850XTPE with ATI Silencer 5
------------
5853 3dmark05 (520/540) XT
12150 3dmark03 (520/540) XT
------------
6132 3Dmark05 (540/587) XTPE
12675 3Dmark03 (540/587) XTPE
------------
6375 3dmark05 (551/635) XTPE overclocked
13039 3Dmark03 (551/635) XTPE overclocked

Last edited:

pmp

Which version (exactly please, as i don't have any PCI obsolete video card) of Atitool have you used ? Could You please, post url to it ?

iluv2fly

pmp said:
Which version (exactly please, as i don't have any PCI obsolete video card) of Atitool have you used ? Could You please, post url to it ?
Who is the question for?

pmp

it was to You ;) nevermind, i used latest version of atiflash and it worked flawlessly :D anybody else noticed different fan control scheme in his iceq 2 x850xt turbo bios ? more linear...