• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Karen Walker Joins Intel as Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Karen Walker, a veteran of more than 20 years of global technology industry marketing, will join Intel as senior vice president and chief marketing officer (CMO), effective Oct. 23. Walker will oversee Intel's global marketing group and be responsible for building and strengthening Intel's brand, supporting growth strategies, cultivating opportunities in new and existing markets, and increasing demand for Intel's products and solutions globally.

"Karen is a truly world-class CMO," said Bob Swan, Intel's CEO. "She has deep experience with many of our most valued customers and a keen understanding of what it will take to play an even larger role in their success. We are excited to have Karen on our leadership team."

Walker joins Intel from Cisco, where she was chief marketing officer since 2015. In that role, she helped lead the company's evolution to a hybrid business model selling hardware, software, services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions. At Cisco she transformed the marketing function, helping to increase the company's brand value.

"Intel is an iconic company at a pivotal moment as it transforms to power a world of new possibilities and expanded market opportunities. It is one of the most globally recognized brands with a strong story to tell. I look forward to joining a great team and building the future of technology together," Walker said.

Before Cisco, Walker also worked at Hewlett-Packard, where she held both business and consumer leadership positions.

Walker serves as a board member of Eli Lilly, Spark Social and the Association of National Advertisers (ANA). She is a graduate of Loughborough University in England. She was awarded an honorary doctorate of business administration from the University of Sunderland in 2018.

Walker will report to Michelle Johnston Holthaus, executive vice president and general manager of Intel's Sales, Marketing and Communications Group.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Good I guess, Intel needs some better marketing fo sho

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'll take Lisa Su any day over another corporate shill who knew someone who knew someone. Long live the engineers!

Board member of Eli Lilly huh? They have a medicine I need my insurance keeps denying it. Yet, doctor says I need it.

Glad I bought AMD.

End thread.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I'll take Lisa Su any day over another corporate shill who knew someone who knew someone. Long live the engineers!

Board member of Eli Lilly huh? They have a medicine I need my insurance keeps denying it. Yet, doctor says I need it.

Glad I bought AMD.

End thread.
I didn’t get your assessment of her at all, even when further looking at her biography. Sh’s worked only a few places, so her committment has always been work hard and stay long. Hardly a corporate Schill who just happened to know someone. Heaven forbid we accept that someone gets a job based on being the best candidate.

As for Eli Lilly, her being a board member has nothing to do with your medication. Not getting a med your doc says you need is an insurance issue, not the fault of a pharmaceutical company. They would likely love to sell to everyone.

Last edited:

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Her first move will be to get a couple of Ryzen/Epyc CPUs and make a "these aren't the CPUs you are looking for" clip.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I didn’t get your assessment of her at all, even when further looking at her biography. Sh’s worked only a few places, so her committment has always been work hard and stay long. Hardly a corporate Schill who just happened to know someone. Heaven forbid we accept that someone gets a job based on being the best candidate.

As for Eli Lilly, her being a board member has nothing to do with your medication. Not getting a med your doc says you need is an insurance issue, not the fault of a pharmaceutical company. They would likely love to sell to everyone.

I'd rather have engineers and scientists in my board room, and AMD does. So I have options. You can enjoy your Intel, I will enjoy AMD, simple as that.

Low quality post by Digital Dreams
Wonder how many times she's asked to speak to a manager?
546548949449.png

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
I'd rather have engineers and scientists in my board room, and AMD does. So I have options. You can enjoy your Intel, I will enjoy AMD, simple as that.
It’s not an Intel vs AMD thing for me. That never entered the equation. It’s about being fair to a person.

And as someone who has been a corporate player, you do NOT want all engineers making business decisions. Not at all. You need people schooled in business as well.

Nothing about an engineering degree and background prepares one for business. EVERYbody has a function in a company.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It’s not an Intel vs AMD thing for me. That never entered the equation. It’s about being fair to a person.

And as someone who has been a corporate player, you do NOT want all engineers making business decisions. Not at all. You need people schooled in business as well.

Nothing about an engineering degree and background prepares one for business. EVERYbody has a function in a company.

Lisa Su seems to be doing just fine in business for being an engineer.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Lisa Su seems to be doing just fine in business for being an engineer.
She sure as hell isn’t doing it on her own. A good leader surrounds themselves with people who do know all the things necessary for them to make decisions on. I’m just saying you should familiarize yourself with the workings of the business world before you praise or denigrate people and their jobs in a company.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
She sure as hell isn’t doing it on her own. A good leader surrounds themselves with people who do know all the things necessary for them to make decisions on. I’m just saying you should familiarize yourself with the workings of the business world before you praise or denigrate people and their jobs in a company.

it's more about mathematics for me, 90% of people in this world only get hired at a big company like she did because she knew someone who knew someone and then worked her way up, possibly also gaining friends that helped her move up, etc. I have a master's degree from England too, yet here I am, a lowly substitute teacher, and 200 applications sent out world wide.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
it's more about mathematics for me, 90% of people in this world only get hired at a big company like she did because she knew someone who knew someone and then worked her way up, possibly also gaining friends that helped her move up, etc. I have a master's degree from England too, yet here I am, a lowly substitute teacher, and 200 applications sent out world wide.
It can definitely be a tight market. My wife took several years to finally land a good job with a bachelors in accounting, an MBA and a Masters in IT Administration. It can really get you down.

Last edited: