• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kaspersky Lab Accused of Close Links to FSB, Removed From USG's GSA Listing

The difference is, in a country like the US there is a constitution and fundamental rights. People are free to take legal action against the government, and they are not fearful of the government like in Russia. The media is free to criticize the government without the risk of being killed. Bad publicity can lead to the removal of government at the next election, Western governments have many checks and balances.

IM not saying the west is perfect, but its a lot better than Russia, where mafia and political corruption are normal way of business.

There are a few high profile cases of western companies denying the government access to their IP. Like Apple, they would not give the government the key to unlock iphones.
Right the US has a great track record on not trying to destroy whistle blowers and covering things up.

The US also follows the Constitution/BOR/DOI :kookoo:

You seriously lack any knowledge on this topic lol.
Binney, Utah v. Strieff, Heien v. North Carolina, heller, and on and on and on we can go.

...I can probably off the top of my head name 20-100 examples of how untrue that is.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
yes and in the US it is illegal and unconstitutional to have General Warrants (one of many reasons we had a revolution) but yet we created an unconstitutional unaccountable "secret" court that rubber stamps unconstitutional General Warrants.
o_O:slap::banghead:

The US Government also tells phone companies to keep all text messages in a database for easy searches....thank Supreme Court for the horribly unconstitutional "third party doctrine" to "loop hole" our natural rights.

Let me put this another way. You won't object to the congress adopting laws that have companies store customer data and share them with authorities at the drop of a hat, like in Russia, because in the US the situation is pretty much the same already. Did I get it right?

Let me put this another way. You won't object to the congress adopting laws that have companies store customer data and share them with authorities at the drop of a hat, like in Russia, because in the US the situation is pretty much the same already. Did I get it right?
huh? My post was not hard to understand........

They already do that thanks to the Supreme Court and the "third party" doctrine....What is your point?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_doctrine

I guess it's better for most people to be in denial of what their government is doing, than when it's out in the open and there actually is a discussion. It's like sitting in the mud in the rain, but then criticizing some other country for stepping into the mud.

I guess it's better for most people to be in denial of what their government is doing, than when it's out in the open and there actually is a discussion. It's like sitting in the mud in the rain, but then criticizing some other country for stepping into the mud.
I prefer it being in the open so people can talk about it/fight it/live around the over reach but to each their own :rolleyes:

I prefer it being in the open so people can talk about it/fight it/live around the over reach but to each their own :rolleyes:
I agree. They have a democratically elected government and what they do with their Information is their own business. It's only a problem when governments try to hide it.

I agree. They have a democratically elected government and what they do with their Information is their own business. It's only a problem when governments try to hide it.
I wouldnt go that far....democratically elected tyranny is still tyranny. Infringement of natural rights is an infringement.

I wouldnt go that far....democratically elected tyranny is still tyranny. Infringement of natural rights is an infringement.
How is it tyranny? You can go to any part of Russia, interview the people, they have overwhelming support for Putin aka the government. They willingly give him this power because they don't see anyone doing a better job. Nobody is saying everything is perfect in Russia, but compared to the past, or many alternatives the government there right now is doing what is best for them because that is what they want. If it's inner security or counter terrorism, you always have to give up some Information. There are a lot of examples where you have to give up something to achieve something else. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
Journalists and Putin opponents have been KILLED in Russia. Anybody who says "its the same in the west" is delusional.

You cant do big business in Russia without Mafia and corrupt politicians. Putin has his finger in everything.

Putin is like the richest man in the world, you think he got that rich from good investments? lol. He has a work history of public service in the KGB and then politics. You dont make billions of dollars from those wages. lol

lol "nobody complains in Russia because they think hes doing a good job"

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Journalists and Putin opponents have been KILLED in Russia. Anybody who says "its the same in the west" is delusional.

You cant do big business in Russia without Mafia and corrupt politicians. Putin has his finger in everything.

Putin is like the richest man in the world, you think he got that rich from good investments? lol. He has a work history of public service in the KGB and then politics. You dont make billions of dollars from those wages. lol

lol "nobody complains in Russia because they think hes doing a good job"
Propaganda as its finest!

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Propaganda as its finest!
Google Boris Nemtsov, Anna Politkovskaya, Alexander Litvinenko.
Then come back and tell me what propaganda are you talking about.

Processor Intel i7 4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
Memory Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz 4X4GB
Video Card(s) Asus R290X
Storage Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB/Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1TB
Display(s) Samsung S23A950D
Case Corsair 850D
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 x64
Whats propaganda? Journalists and Putin political opponents HAVE been killed. Plenty of Russians will confirm. There are plenty of honourable Russians, journalists, human rights workers, who will confirm.

How did Putin make billions from a politician salary? Good investment? lol, Maybe he made a killing in the pork belly market, or OJ juice lol?

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Just woke up. Read FSB. Assumed Front Side Bus.

The difference is, in a country like the US there is a constitution and fundamental rights. People are free to take legal action against the government, and they are not fearful of the government like in Russia. The media is free to criticize the government without the risk of being killed. Bad publicity can lead to the removal of government at the next election, Western governments have many checks and balances.

IM not saying the west is perfect, but its a lot better than Russia, where mafia and political corruption are normal way of business.

There are a few high profile cases of western companies denying the government access to their IP. Like Apple, they would not give the government the key to unlock iphones.

Not fearful? They (you) should be, , , ,

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
At least here in the US someone can say something bad about the President and not wake up dead the next day. Hell, someone can even hold up a bloody head on TV and not get killed. If you did that in Russia you would not only be dead but your whole family would be dead.

At least here in the US someone can say something bad about the President and not wake up dead the next day. Hell, someone can even hold up a bloody head on TV and not get killed. If you did that in Russia you would not only be dead but your whole family would be dead.
proof?

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3
Or Kathy Griffin. She goes on TV with a bloody Trump head and nothing happens. No arrest. No investigation. She gets off with not even a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
Bradley/Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden even Julian Assange...
prove russians murder people genius.

All i know is pussy riot being thrown into jail and being released due to over crowding.

In the US we steal money and cars without due process and have black sites where people disappear for 48 hours in Chicago

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

or just shoot people for grabbing their wallet as ordered to....

I have 100s of these

Last edited:

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
proof russians murder people genius.

I've already told you what to search for if you need that. You coming back to ask me the exact same thing again is only a sign you're not actually open to a discussion. So I', going to stop now.

I've already told you what to search for if you need that. You coming back to ask me the exact same thing again is only a sign you're not actually open to a discussion. So I', going to stop now.
You never gave any examples of Russia so your dishonest.

You make a claim and refuse to prove it hahaha. That is burden of proof fallacy...classy.

BTW I meant prove not proof.

EDIT: are you referring to this post?

Google Boris Nemtsov, Anna Politkovskaya, Alexander Litvinenko.
Then come back and tell me what propaganda are you talking about.

The US drone strikes American citizens without due process......and kills tens of innocent people with drone strikes and just claims they are combatants.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...s-citizens-killed-obama-drone-strikes-3-were/
https://www.aclu.org/video/aclu-ccr-lawsuit-american-boy-killed-us-drone-strike

not sure how to find this source material but whenever the US claims 9,000 enemy combatants killed it just means X number of males killed were over 13 or something. They claim anyone who is fighting age as a combatant whether or not they are actually even fighting the US.

So If they have 1 target and kill 6 other adult age fighting males in the strike the US claims it killed 7 combatants in the strike.

Such a great honorable country vs big bad evil Russia.

In the US it usually isn't the federal government that murders people but the police. Kelly Thomas? The guy in the above video and countless more cases of unjustified attempted murder/murder. Well the government always rules its justified or doesnt admit guilty and settles out of court.

Though the Federal government did murder Lavoy Finicum

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/29/fbi-agent-indicted-for-cover-up-in-shooting-of-oregon-militiaman/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...nicum-oregon-standoff-fbi-agent-charged-lying

We also have Waco
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

The US does so many shady things that infringe Americans rights I cna go on forever.

and

There are plenty of cases where the US government kills people in some crazy shady ways but lets just be delusional and claim we don't :slap::kookoo:

I can do this for days......US has done some crazy shit

Last edited:
System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Muh RUSSIA!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Muh RUSSIA!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

They are like Americas number one enemy in the world. I don't get how people can't/won't get that when they/we have missiles aimed at us/them every day.

He's correct. I studied in Russia for some time. Comparing it to the west rights wise is a complete fallacy. I mean Putin had a puppet dude elected just so he could ammend the consitution to be on longer. In exchange, said puppet dude got to be Prime Minister. He HAS had killed journalists and opposing party members. He WAS a KGB agent. He's even proud of that fact! I can't believe I am having this discussion amonst the western world honestly, it's disheartening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_power-switching_operation,_2008

More information on only part of what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: bug