• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

KB manufacturer that send spare parts

System Name My PC
Processor AMD 2700 x @ 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming
Cooling Zalman CNPS20X
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE
Storage Adata Ultimate SU800
Case Phanteks Eclipse P500A
Audio Device(s) Logitech G51
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 550W
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121
Hi all,

My Roccat ISKU KB that i used for the last 6 years has some key malfunctioning.

What i liked about Roccat is that when one of the feet of the KB broke they sent me a replacement for free out of warranty.

I would buy Roccat again but their prices are outside my range atm unless heavily discounted.

Do you guys know if other reputable manufacturers send parts to customers? I live in the EU.

Antec always did this ..... Phanteks too but thoise are in the case / fans world. I would think most manufacturers would send out something a sminimal as rubber "feet' .... but there's a good business in key replacements ... and what is the problem here.... is it a broken spring or something else ?

System Name My PC
Processor AMD 2700 x @ 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming
Cooling Zalman CNPS20X
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE
Storage Adata Ultimate SU800
Case Phanteks Eclipse P500A
Audio Device(s) Logitech G51
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 550W
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121
Thanks. I was looking for a keyboard.

Some keys (esc, some numbers,- are not working anymore. Apparently is known issues with the board and chip of the KB after some time.

Yes... which is why I said

" I would think most manufacturers would send out something as minimal as rubber "feet' .... but there's a good business in key replacements ... and what is the problem here.... is it a broken spring or something else ?"

To tell you which parts might be available, Id need to know what part is broken. You have not answered that question. Key replacements are commonly sold ... they make a good buck selling them, so you not going to get them free... you could prolly replace the entire KB for the cost of replacing 5 keys. Some keys not working could mean problems with key and supporting return mechanisms or it could be internal to he keyboard.

I have been given KBs w/ keys that don't work and the problem turned out to be cookie crumbs under the keys. In an other case , two keys were stuck together with hardened jelly of sort.

Have you cleaned the KB, blown out the crud ? Used a paper towel wetted w/ isoprophyl alcohol and wrapped around a credit card to clean spaces between keys. ? have you used a key puller to remove the keys and examine the mechanism below the key ? Have you taken the keyboard apart and examined the inside. ? I once found the KB internals all covered with dried up, gooey chocolate milk residue. I put all the parts in the dishwasher and it worked fine afterwards

You said there are known issues ... what are they / what parts were failing ?

As I said, it's no big deal for a case manufacturer yo offer you a fan, rubber feet, USB module or ON / ODD switch ... they cost a pittance and they don't sell these as part of their busines model. I would cost more to bill you then send it for free. But this is not the case with a KB ... they will sell you spare keys. replacing the rest of the parts ... shipping and handling costs would be too expensive that it would be more logical to buy a new KB.

Imagine walking into an Autoparts store and asking them to sell you a part for a 2012 Jeep Cherokee. When they asked "what part ?" and you responded "I don't know but it won't start" isn't going to get you any closer to getting the car fixed.