• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kensington Releases Orbit Fusion Wireless Trackball

Kensington, the worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business, and home office professionals and The Professionals' Choice, introduced the latest addition to its lineup of ergonomic mice and trackballs. The Orbit Fusion Wireless Trackball combines the superior comfort, control, and precision benefits of a finger-operated trackball and a patented scroll ring within a sculpted mouse-like design.

Ideal for new trackball users, the Orbit Fusion Wireless Trackball (K72363WW) offers first-in-class trackball innovation within the familiar shape of a mouse. An ergonomist-approved design provides all-day comfort to improve palm, wrist, forearm, and shoulder position with less hand movement. The patented finger-operated scroll ring provides a more precise, intuitive, and comfortable scrolling experience.

The premium laser tracking sensor and 40 mm finger-operated trackball allow users to navigate multiple monitors and large files with less desktop space and better precision and speed, while a triple DPI switch enables simple cursor control transitions.

Get started with full-featured plug and play default settings or use KensingtonWorks software to set pointer and scrolling options and personalize five programmable buttons to tackle common tasks with one touch. Long battery life provides up to 14 months of usage on a single, included AA battery.

Universal compatibility enables the wireless trackball mouse to connect to Windows and macOS devices via a 2.4 GHz nano receiver that stows inside the trackball when not in use. The included USB-A to USB-C adapter works for laptops with limited or no USB-A ports.

Perfect for new trackball users and users with limited desktop space or multiple monitors, the Orbit Fusion Wireless Trackball fuses innovative comfort and control with preferred finger-controlled track and scroll.

And when on the go, the Orbit Fusion Wireless Trackball Hard Case (K97500WW), made especially for the Orbit Fusion Wireless Trackball, is the perfect companion. Shockproof, dustproof, and water resistant, the compact and lightweight case features tough 1680D polyester fabric with a soft interior that perfectly follows the contours of the trackball, offering exceptional protection from bumps, drops, dirt, and scratches. It also includes a convenient storage compartment for the USB-A to USB-C adapter that is included with the trackball.

Resources

Video

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
yay more trackballs, not enough companies make these anymore imo.
that said I dont understand why its wireless, I mean handy for on the go or so I guess but the whole point of the mouse is that you dont move it soooo why wireless?

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Hahaha, reminds me of my old Logitech trackman marble from 1999 (I used to turn it upside down with the ball on the desk for superfast arcade games), those were the days.... Connected to a Pentium 233 w/ mmx 64MB of EDO RAM, 4.3GB HDD, 2x CD-RW, 24X CD-ROM, ATI 3D Rage Pro (4MB of VRAM if I remember), Sound Blaster 32 AWE.... I remember I also had Video Capture card with S-Video and I'd encode videos in Real Video (remember real audio?) , haha, man I loved playing Command and Conquer Red Alert on that thing.
logitech_trackman_marble_wheel_trackball_34390.jpg

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I've tired trackball once or twice, but it's super awkward to me. I just can't get used to it. But there is an audience, I know at least one die hard fan of trackballs.

The polling rate and DPI on them often get too overlooked is one negative with most of them. That other part about the ball bearings is also big. The old school ones like in arcade trackballs had ball bearings with shafts and god they were smooth you could fling that ball and it would keep spinning for a long damn time. It was wonderful for games like Joust. Stuff just isn't built like it use to be sadly sometimes for the better other times for the worse.

Finally, a mouse to teach men how to win a woman's heart. My joke has layers and not everyone will understand, but for those that don't. You will one day my friend.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Finally, a mouse to teach men how to win a woman's heart. My joke has layers and not everyone will understand, but for those that don't. You will one day my friend.
When they invent a pressure sensitive mouse-trackball-nipplepoint-with-thumbwheel combo; then we are TALKING!

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
I often miss my ADB Kensington Turbo Mouse 5, so I might have to check this one out.