• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

KFA2 Launches its GeForce RTX 2070 EX and EXOC Graphics Cards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
KFA2, the EU-centric co-brand of GALAX launched its GeForce RTX 2070 EX and RTX 2070 EXOC graphics cards in the old continent. Both cards combine a standard-height PCB, mated with a custom-design cooling solution. This cooler features an aluminium fin-stack heatsink that's ventilated by a pair of 100 mm spinners that stay off when the GPU is idling. The fans and a decal on top of the card are RGB LED illuminated. The RTX 2070 EX sticks to NVIDIA-reference clock speeds, with a GPU Boost frequency of 1620 MHz, while the RTX 2070 EXOC dials up the GPU Boost frequency to 1815 MHz. Available from late-December in the EU, the RTX 2070 EX is priced at 519€, and the RTX 2070 EXOC at 569€.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Dell Dimension P120
Processor Intel Pentium 120 MHz 60Mhz FSB
Motherboard Dell Pentium
Memory 24 MB EDO
Video Card(s) Matrox Millennium 2MB
Storage 1 GB EIDE HDD
Display(s) Dell 15 inch crt
Case Dell Dimension
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Mouse Microsoft mouse, no scroll wheel
Keyboard Dell 1995
Software Windows 95 + Office 95
Has anyone compared the KFA2 cards to the more expensive ones like Gigabyte and Asus?
I've seen KFA2 RTX cards costing more than 100 usd/euros less than the others.

Processor RYZEN 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Aorus B-550I Pro AX
Cooling HEATKILLER IV PRO , EKWB Vector FTW3 3080/3090 , Barrow res + Xylem DDC 4.2, SE 240 + Dabel 20b 240
Memory Viper Steel 4000 PVS416G400C6K
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW3
Storage XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVMe + Samsung 980 1TB
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case NR 200
Power Supply CORSAIR SF750
Mouse Logitech G PRO
Keyboard Meletrix Zoom 75 GT Silver
Software Windows 11 22H2
Has anyone compared the KFA2 cards to the more expensive ones like Gigabyte and Asus?
I've seen KFA2 RTX cards costing more than 100 usd/euros less than the others.

You can't compare apples to trees . ASUS has hands down the best cooler on the market this generation ( in terms of temp/noise ) , with MSI coming close second so yeah it depends on your needs . This being said if price is your main concern then sure the heatsink on this KFA2 looks decent especialy for a 2070 .

System Name Dell Dimension P120
Processor Intel Pentium 120 MHz 60Mhz FSB
Motherboard Dell Pentium
Memory 24 MB EDO
Video Card(s) Matrox Millennium 2MB
Storage 1 GB EIDE HDD
Display(s) Dell 15 inch crt
Case Dell Dimension
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Mouse Microsoft mouse, no scroll wheel
Keyboard Dell 1995
Software Windows 95 + Office 95
You can't compare apples to trees . ASUS has hands down the best cooler on the market this generation ( in terms of temp/noise ) , with MSI coming close second so yeah it depends on your needs . This being said if price is your main concern then sure the heatsink on this KFA2 looks decent especialy for a 2070 .

I have a Asus Strix card and love it but the question is how much louder and hotter are the KFA2 cards

Yes and no... All top benchmarked 2080ti solo and dual setup were Galax... All I'm Saying

Cooling HEATKILLER IV PRO , EKWB Vector FTW3 3080/3090 , Barrow res + Xylem DDC 4.2, SE 240 + Dabel 20b 240
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case NR 200
Mouse Logitech G PRO
Software Windows 11 22H2
Yes and no... All top benchmarked 2080ti solo and dual setup were Galax... All I'm Saying

In regards to what , fps/synthetic bench score or temperature/noise ?
If you talk in terms of fps/synthetic bench then you should know that this depend on clock speed and clock speed depends on silicon lottery (assuming there is enough cooling etc ) so that's telling you nothing . If you talk in terms of temp/noise then i would like to see a single Galax card doing better than the Strix cooler on the 2080Ti .

I have a Asus Strix card and love it but the question is how much louder and hotter are the KFA2 cards

Il guess we will have to wait for some Guru3D review or something like this to answer this question . Personally im a silence enthusiast hence why every dB shaved off matters alot to me but that's not the case with everyone .

Last edited:
In regards to what , fps/synthetic bench score or temperature/noise ?
If you talk in terms of fps/synthetic bench then you should know that this depend on clock speed and clock speed depends on silicon lottery (assuming there is enough cooling etc ) so that's telling you nothing . If you talk in terms of temp/noise then i would like to see a single Galax card doing better than the Strix cooler on the 2080Ti .

Il guess we will have to wait for some Guru3D review or something like this to answer this question . Personally im a silence enthusiast hence why every dB shaved off matters alot to me but that's not the case with everyone .

https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.0/1+gpu

you can Check 1 and 2 GPU setup

Top 1 and 2 are GALAX cards, asus only gets 3rd spot.

Also I think I obviously need to refresh a simple rule.

YES it is silicon lottery, but every 2080ti being VOLTAGE limited, they all perform similarly with stock cooler even OC to the max and stay cool, even Jayz2cent had video on 2080Ti OC and the card was reaching TDP limits similarly under stock AIR vs watercooled solution. ( so the cooling is far from being the limiting factor on those cards)

Only difference was that the Watercooled was running cooler all the time but there was literally 0 difference in score to an AIR cooled OC 2080ti.

so its pure silicon lottery, however those dude probably can cram through a lot of test 2080ti and apparently for 2 testers that broke world record ... it was GALAX.

The really only way to OC through the roof is if it was possible to unlock voltage in Vga bios, OC them to the max and let them burn at 90 degrees under heavy cooling, except apparently they can't.

Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case NR 200
Mouse Logitech G PRO
Software Windows 11 22H2
https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+extreme+preset/version+1.0/1+gpu
you can Check 1 and 2 GPU setup
Top 1 and 2 are GALAX cards, asus only gets 3rd spot.
Also I think I obviously need to refresh a simple rule.
YES it is silicon lottery, but every 2080ti being VOLTAGE limited, they all perform similarly with stock cooler even OC to the max and stay cool, even Jayz2cent had video on 2080Ti OC and the card was reaching TDP limits similarly under stock AIR vs watercooled solution. ( so the cooling is far from being the limiting factor on those cards)
Only difference was that the Watercooled was running cooler all the time but there was literally 0 difference in score to an AIR cooled OC 2080ti.
so its pure silicon lottery, however those dude probably can cram through a lot of test 2080ti and apparently for 2 testers that broke world record ... it was GALAX.
The really only way to OC through the roof is if it was possible to unlock voltage in Vga bios, OC them to the max and let them burn at 90 degrees under heavy cooling, except apparently they can't.

Ok so you do confirm what im saying , you talk about synthetic bench scores wich are irrelevant in order to judge how good an air cooler is since those scores depend on many other factors .

The only way to make a apple to apple comparison between coolers is to look for the temperature per noise generated and in this metric the Strix cooler comes first ( as far as this generation goes ) followed very closely by Gaming X Trio cooler as you can see here https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_gaming_oc_11g_review,8.html . Im sure Guru3D will test 2080Ti HOF when it comes out but from the existing images of the HOF 2080Ti the heatsink doesn't look as beefy as on the Strix or Gaming X trio so yeah ....