• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Discussion)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I can't say I've had a bad experience at all other than not saving when I should have a couple times.

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm a big W3 fan. That game is fantastic.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is different. This game is less hand holding and provides a more realistic gameplay to an extent. IMO of the two games I like KCD better. It's been a long time since a game excited as much as this one and I can see myself playing it for a very long time. The game is different enough to stand on it's own away from games like W3 and Skyrim. It shares more similarities to Fallout and skyrim than W3 to me but instead of supernatural, post apocalyptic and fantasy, sword and sorcery we get a realistic medieval type game. It is hands down one of the best games I've played in a long time and my game of the year so far for 2018.

There is so much to do just to take care of yourself. And if you are at the bath house ask for the WhiteNoise special. She'll know what you are on about and take good care of you.

Since I backed this game I received the 5 DLC treasure maps for free. They are totally worth finding and nabbing.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
I'm a big W3 fan. That game is fantastic.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is different. This game is less hand holding and provides a more realistic gameplay to an extent. IMO of the two games I like KCD better. It's been a long time since a game excited as much as this one and I can see myself playing it for a very long time. The game is different enough to stand on it's own away from games like W3 and Skyrim. It shares more similarities to Fallout and skyrim than W3 to me but instead of supernatural, post apocalyptic and fantasy, sword and sorcery we get a realistic medieval type game. It is hands down one of the best games I've played in a long time and my game of the year so far for 2018.

There is so much to do just to take care of yourself. And if you are at the bath house ask for the WhiteNoise special. She'll know what you are on about and take good care of you.

Since I backed this game I received the 5 DLC treasure maps for free. They are totally worth finding and nabbing.
What game is W3?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Heh, I just found a pretty big Witcher reference/easter egg in game! Don't wanna spoil it though. :D

Figure I'd show my character. Only piece of armor I bought was the blue jacket, everything else I pretty much got off of bandit leaders.
20180219232313_1.jpg

Last edited:
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
Here is my horse and my character:

Horse.jpg

me.jpg

One thing that is cool is how your appearance makes a difference in how people treat you. You get dirty in this game. Literally like dirty hands, body face. You can wash up your face by using a water trough but it doesn't do much for you. You can actually start to stink from BO and such. And when you fight your clothing and armor take damage and show it. Also blood will get on your clothing and armor and the more you fight the worse it gets. Its hard to see in the character screen but I have quite a lot of blood on me. I keep my gear repaired but even now I need to hit up a armor smith and have the dents fixed as well as cleaned up. Oh and going to a bath house gets you fully clean. You can also pay to have your clothes washed. I believe they can wash off your armor as well because mine always looks better after the bath house. So people will react differently with you depending on how clean or dirty you are. I'm wearing full plate armor and it looks very dull in the screenshot because it is dirty. Once I have it cleaned and repaired it shines. They will also react differently depending on what you wear too. Wearing dirty peasant clothes doesn't get you as far as wearing clothes from the nobility or good looking armor.

Example: I went from crap armor to my full plate and all of a sudden I went from peasant to "Sir Knight" which is what most people call me now; all because of the armor. So clothing and armor makes a difference too.

I too have not purchased any armor or weapons in this game yet. Everything i have was taken from bandits, Cumans and or found as treasure. The DLC treasure maps provide a good amount of quality loot. I did buy that decorative blanket for my horse though.

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Installed it a while back and finally booted it up last night. Initial impressions were OK. FOV is awful and there's some severe fisheye going on. Having it at 75 maximum kindof isn't enough for me. The overall polish is average, its a bit clunky in the way it deals with input and response, like sitting down on a stool and general opening doors etc. I still see no differentiation between objects I can and can't interact with/loot. The fist fight your first get into lasted approximately twenty minutes. I was so bored I had no idea if I was even dealing damage to the guy, and it appeared he was doing no damage to me. After twenty minutes punching between two immortals I googled what the hell was up and discovered you can just quick attack him to death so I did that. Told him to give up. He does and runs away into the horizon. I did not obtain the items to complete the quest... OK I guess I'll get on with other things. Go help my friends sling poo at a deutchman's house. They then tell me they'll help me in this fist fight. WTF? They appear at the dudes house with me and he's back. We pile in and kill him, drag his corpse inside and rob his chest. Well alright then. I enjoyed the opening, got to the part where you're running away from the fort. I heard a woman screaming and three foreign soldiers hassling her. So I wandered up, clicking to get my sword out and... I punched them. Had to pause and check controls to figure out which button drew my sword. I unpaused and went to draw my sword but in the process got hit 3 times and died. The game then reverted back to the very beginning of the game. Nothing had saved, no checkpoint, no nothing.

I appreciate there being no save scumming, but the fact that there isn't an autosave functionality after/during a cutscene or critical plot point baffles me. I won't be playing it again until I've forgotten this mess.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well there is one person who doesn't like it. By the way..the game does save at key moments but not all cut scenes. Also you can save yourself by laying down in a bed. Or if all else fails install the mod that allows you to save nearly anytime you want. But it would seem this game is not for you.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
love the game, but am having that ugly issue of it constantly pausing at certain events. Pauses, sits there for 15 - 30 seconds, then starts. Pauses again a half minute later, rinse and repeat. After a bit, its fine, then it does it again. No idea why its doing that.

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
love the game, but am having that ugly issue of it constantly pausing at certain events. Pauses, sits there for 15 - 30 seconds, then starts. Pauses again a half minute later, rinse and repeat. After a bit, its fine, then it does it again. No idea why its doing that.

I do not experience this issue but I have seen it in the official forums so I'm sure the devs will be looking into it.

One of the things I like is how armor and clothing get damaged, torn etc.

Here is me after a big battle:

dirty banged up armor.jpg

And here is me after repairs:

cleaned up armor.jpg

And here is me after having my armor cleaned:

cleaned armor.jpg

System Name Specs Last Update: 8/April/2024
Processor Intel Core i5 9400f 2.9GHz/4.0 Turbo (NoOC)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370M D3H rev. 1.0
Cooling be quite! Dark Rock Slim 180W TDP (The Silent Wings 3 120mm Fan)
Memory Corsair Red Line 8x2 16GB 3000MHz (NoOC) DDR4-3000 15-17-17-35 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R) V1.35 ver 4.24
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce MSI 980 Ti Golden Edition (NoOC)| Spare: GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
Storage Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | Cold Backup: WDC Black 930 GiB WD1003FZEX
Display(s) Asus VG248QZ 1920x1080 144hz 24" (Current: 60hz)
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair 850W RMi
Mouse Logitech M187 wireless (First day of use 30-9-2021)
Keyboard Logitech K270 wireless
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC 2021 / Linux: Candidates: Bazzite - Linux MX - Tuxedo - Kubuntu
^ WhiteNoise
I actually like the damged/dirty looking armor because you look a real badass. :D

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
True @SomeOne99h but looking good helps me get my way with others. Can't be stinking and looking beat up all the time. Trust me though; armor cleaning only happen for me when I'm heading over to see my gal. I do have to make repairs regularly though as the armor rating drops as each armor piece is damaged.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Finally returned to the game after the most recent update with a fresh mind.
Redid the section of your first fist fight - I'm still able to kill the man outright and then have him magically reappear alive for me and my friends to beat him to death again.
Stealth choked numerous citizens to death since they're gonna die anyway and managed not to get caught. Nobody had anything of value, although one chap near the border wall (wooden fence?) had some pants worth 60 dolla. I robbed them all of their house keys but didn't find any houses the keys matched up to. Bit disappointed there.
Got to the same section with the three soldiers, only this time I twatted one of them round the head with a sword and then legged it onto the closest horse. Started galloping away in a random direction and fell inside a small stream about 1 foot high. Horse was unable to get out of said stream for unknown reasons, I eventually died to a flurry of no more than two dozen arrow hits.
Consulted RPS's guide and figured out which road to follow, got there eventually, entered the keep and had to stand guard. I stood guard, wandered around the walls and then had no idea what I was supposed to do. Again, I consulted the guide. Turns out you're supposed to talk to a soldier and he'll tell you how to use the "wait" function.
Stuff happened, I drank some schnapps and exited the game.
I returned the following day, began to figure out how to obtain a guards uniform to exit the main gate, only I was then immediately clonked on the head and thrown in jail. I had inexplicably obtained a bounty between save games. I completed the quest with... no inventory.
I reloaded from the previous save and decided to just run around like a headless chicken while five guards chased me for no discernable reason. I eventually evaded their sight and found a guard on the wall... unawares. I choked the sucker out, robbed his uniform and filled my inventory with what I was wearing and eighteen onions. 82lbs/82lbs. That's inconvenient.
Proceeded to evade guards for a while, tried to jump off the drawbridge and was met by an invisible wall. Consulted the guide again. Apparently in the event you have a bounty and can't exit the main gate by bribing the guard, you jump off the draw bridge. Go figure. Why the hell can't I jump off it then? Turns out you gotta slip under the chain and can't jump over the two foot high hand rails...
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game so far, well intentioned but clunky as all hell.
I've got the hang of most stuff, althought the archery is absolutely terrible. I can hit bullseye's no problem but that doesn't change the fact that the whole system is poignently badly designed. It's infuriating for infuriating's sake.
I'm now at the point where I need to meet the bailiff. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have played this far if I weren't finding some enjoyment out of it but... Jesus Christ, the clunkiness is extremely jarring. I'm glad they taught me advanced combat before this stage or I'd have torn my eyes out without a feignt or parry option. Also how in god's green earth do I increase my carrying capacity? I've spent what few skill points I've earnt so far on sensible bits, but I literally can't loot a carrot without throwing off my coif or something.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Finally returned to the game after the most recent update with a fresh mind.
Redid the section of your first fist fight - I'm still able to kill the man outright and then have him magically reappear alive for me and my friends to beat him to death again.
Stealth choked numerous citizens to death since they're gonna die anyway and managed not to get caught. Nobody had anything of value, although one chap near the border wall (wooden fence?) had some pants worth 60 dolla. I robbed them all of their house keys but didn't find any houses the keys matched up to. Bit disappointed there.
Got to the same section with the three soldiers, only this time I twatted one of them round the head with a sword and then legged it onto the closest horse. Started galloping away in a random direction and fell inside a small stream about 1 foot high. Horse was unable to get out of said stream for unknown reasons, I eventually died to a flurry of no more than two dozen arrow hits.
Consulted RPS's guide and figured out which road to follow, got there eventually, entered the keep and had to stand guard. I stood guard, wandered around the walls and then had no idea what I was supposed to do. Again, I consulted the guide. Turns out you're supposed to talk to a soldier and he'll tell you how to use the "wait" function.
Stuff happened, I drank some schnapps and exited the game.
I returned the following day, began to figure out how to obtain a guards uniform to exit the main gate, only I was then immediately clonked on the head and thrown in jail. I had inexplicably obtained a bounty between save games. I completed the quest with... no inventory.
I reloaded from the previous save and decided to just run around like a headless chicken while five guards chased me for no discernable reason. I eventually evaded their sight and found a guard on the wall... unawares. I choked the sucker out, robbed his uniform and filled my inventory with what I was wearing and eighteen onions. 82lbs/82lbs. That's inconvenient.
Proceeded to evade guards for a while, tried to jump off the drawbridge and was met by an invisible wall. Consulted the guide again. Apparently in the event you have a bounty and can't exit the main gate by bribing the guard, you jump off the draw bridge. Go figure. Why the hell can't I jump off it then? Turns out you gotta slip under the chain and can't jump over the two foot high hand rails...
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game so far, well intentioned but clunky as all hell.
I've got the hang of most stuff, althought the archery is absolutely terrible. I can hit bullseye's no problem but that doesn't change the fact that the whole system is poignently badly designed. It's infuriating for infuriating's sake.
I'm now at the point where I need to meet the bailiff. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have played this far if I weren't finding some enjoyment out of it but... Jesus Christ, the clunkiness is extremely jarring. I'm glad they taught me advanced combat before this stage or I'd have torn my eyes out without a feignt or parry option. Also how in god's green earth do I increase my carrying capacity? I've spent what few skill points I've earnt so far on sensible bits, but I literally can't loot a carrot without throwing off my coif or something.

:roll:Thanks for that!!! It reminded me why I miss your reviews. You have a knack for getting into the small stuff that always entertained, even when I didn't agree with your assessment.

System Name El Calpulator
Processor AMD Ryzen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Pro RS
Cooling ArcticCooling Freezer 3 360ARGB AIO
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengance 6000Mhz C30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4080 Gaming Trio X @ 2925 / 23500 mhz
Storage 5TB nvme SSD + Synology DS115j NAS with 4TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung G8 34" QD-OLED + Samsung 28" 4K 60hz UR550
Case Montech King 95 PRO Blue
Audio Device(s) SB X4+Logitech Z623 2.1+Astro A50 Wireless
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W ATX 3.0 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus LightSpeed Hero Wireless plus Logitech G POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Mouse Pad
Keyboard Logitech G915 LightSpeed Wireless
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Just enough
By the looks of it the game it's pretty clunky and confusing, I will wait a few more patches to resume playing it...

Mouse Logitech G600
Software Windows 10 Pro
@RCoon Every time you level up your stats gets boosted. Your carry limit increases. It takes awhile though. Also at some point one of the perks you can unlock is the "mule" or some such thing. It adds 15 additional pounds you can carry.

I think at my current level (10) I can carry somewhere around 125.

D

Deleted member 171912

Finally returned to the game after....

Archery is...

Bow from horse is the best weapon in game. Try "get" quick horse, "Cuman bow", "Long-distance arrows" and "Piersing arrows". And "Riveted vambraces" armor is also nice and usefull.

Archery is difficult at beginning, but later... And bow mods if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
I'm getting the hang of archery better than I am at the swordfighting. I cant seem to Parry or dodge attacks at all. I did exactly as stated in tutorial and it worked. But when I do end up in battle, it never works. So I gave up. Block attack, and try to attack after block is only thing that works for me.

I do though like to go through the village, and either knock people out and steal all their stuff. Or just get stabby at some points.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
The GOG version is confirmed at release at patch 1.25, which is the current one, since it repealed some of the changes from 1.31.

It was pushed to be relased "now or never" which is why its a bit clunky and not perfectly polished. They will take care of most stuff in following patches. W3 wasnt exactly perfect day 1 either (actually there are some bugs and stuff even now). Big games are hard to make perfect, unsure if anyone ever did game perfect on this scale..

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Finally got the perk where you can silently assasinate people from behind as long as you have a dagger in your inventory. Towns now have a distinct lack of citizens and guards.

I have noticed the AI is quite bad. The quest where you scout out the camp before the big attack was made easy for me when i figured out the AI has like an automatic disengagement range. As long as I stayed just in the right position, they'd neither run home or chase after me, so I sat taking (bad) pot shots at them until I slowly killed about 12 people in this fashion, then chopped some stragglers and wandered about the camp as I pleased. I was a bit disappointed I didn't get into a long winded complicated duel with the black-dressed bandit and it went to a cutscene after two successful blows... but eh.

I'm still struggling at taking on more than two opponents at this stage. Most of my armour is absurd at this piont (my helmet alone provides 23 armour). Combat still feels very much like a "get lucky" at this stage. I can stand there and parry all damn day, but not a single one of my learned Longsword combos lands a hit. Combos seem to fundamentally not work, and if I try to do them I'm more likely to get parried and chopped up. Random flailing strikes works significantly better.

I assume the odds of successfully doing a combo at any time is in relation to your skill with a sword? I can do the swings in a 3 or 4 strike combo perfectly, but the little cutsceney thing happens only once out of about ten tries. Bit frustrating.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
Combat still feels very much like a "get lucky" at this stage.

Imho it is meant that way really... well... too much Hollywood in our minds :D

I've picked up it too... I couldn't stand the saving thing, I've used nexus mod to add it using F5, I've not so much time to repeat same stuff so much times again, especially when the save state was like an half an hour ago. More FOV is also changeable using user.cfg and add as an executable target btw too... also disabling Vsync that's for me, I like to set adaptive in nv CP.

Other than that... I really enjoy the atmosphere, the main char is a bit too much simpleton, the prologue is way too cheesy, but oh well, we can't have another bad arse Geralt. The OST reminds me parts of FF XIV in some places.