• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Discussion)

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
So I picked this up the other day but I can't seem to get the sweet spot it locks to turn gold...I have read that it is a bug. Any one run into this? I have tried restarting the game a few times.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
So I picked this up the other day but I can't seem to get the sweet spot it locks to turn gold...I have read that it is a bug. Any one run into this? I have tried restarting the game a few times.
Yeah the game has more bugs than Chinatown.

Can you not initially find that gold spot, or is it cause it disappears when you press D to turn? You're supposed to follow it with your mouse, it's quite hard at first.
A restart usually sorts most things. I will not however that some sweet spots are notoriously difficult to find (lol this sounds so bad), and they're right near the edges of the metal. You'll notice the circle in the center grows larger the closer you're getting. When it's massive it means it's not far away.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
I have successfully picked a lock without seeing the gold spot at all. I have restarted my game several times and have yet to be able to get it to work.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I have successfully picked a lock without seeing the gold spot at all. I have restarted my game several times and have yet to be able to get it to work.

Running the latest patch, I think it's like 1.2.5 or something?

Processor Intel i9 11900K
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Ballistix Elite 4000 32GB 18-19-19-39
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID
Storage 2x Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD 1 TB, XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Acer Predator Z321QU
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Power Supply Asus ROG Strix 1000W
I loved KCD and i didn't run into many bugs, maybe two or three over 100 hrs and none were game breaking. I was freaked out when i watching TV and heard Henry's voice then looked up and it was Henry.
That's the first time I've had that happen to me. I thought at first it was some kind of bad video game flashback. Well, meet Henry... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2168260/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t12

Henry.jpg

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Very cool about Henry. I’m going to have to watch The Last Legion again to see if I recognize him in there.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Three patches in six days. The latest (1.33 as of yesterday, I believe), had a lot of complaints on GOG forum about it borking the game. Anyone here have that?

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Three patches in six days. The latest (1.33 as of yesterday, I believe), had a lot of complaints on GOG forum about it borking the game. Anyone here have that?

I have purposefully not updated as I haven't really had anything to prompt me too. I guess I should read the patch notes though.

Also,

On the Ginger in a Pickle quest, does it matter if you stop and see Cpt. Bernard first? I know he is super pissed when you get back, but does it matter? My reputatation still jumped 25 points with the soldiers. I am guessing there is a reason or they wouldn't have the two different paths..

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Just beat the game... wow... one of the best games i've ever played right up there with Oblivion and half life...

cant wait for expansions.

i figured out how to get around some of the more game breaking bugs in 1.33 - pm me if you're stuck.

I haven't launched the game yet, been playing other stuff and waiting for patches. But man some of these posts and videos I've seen of the game are just too good lol, looks like so much fun. Hoping to dive into this sometime soon.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Finally returned to the game after the most recent update with a fresh mind.
Redid the section of your first fist fight - I'm still able to kill the man outright and then have him magically reappear alive for me and my friends to beat him to death again.
Stealth choked numerous citizens to death since they're gonna die anyway and managed not to get caught. Nobody had anything of value, although one chap near the border wall (wooden fence?) had some pants worth 60 dolla. I robbed them all of their house keys but didn't find any houses the keys matched up to. Bit disappointed there.
Got to the same section with the three soldiers, only this time I twatted one of them round the head with a sword and then legged it onto the closest horse. Started galloping away in a random direction and fell inside a small stream about 1 foot high. Horse was unable to get out of said stream for unknown reasons, I eventually died to a flurry of no more than two dozen arrow hits.
Consulted RPS's guide and figured out which road to follow, got there eventually, entered the keep and had to stand guard. I stood guard, wandered around the walls and then had no idea what I was supposed to do. Again, I consulted the guide. Turns out you're supposed to talk to a soldier and he'll tell you how to use the "wait" function.
Stuff happened, I drank some schnapps and exited the game.
I returned the following day, began to figure out how to obtain a guards uniform to exit the main gate, only I was then immediately clonked on the head and thrown in jail. I had inexplicably obtained a bounty between save games. I completed the quest with... no inventory.
I reloaded from the previous save and decided to just run around like a headless chicken while five guards chased me for no discernable reason. I eventually evaded their sight and found a guard on the wall... unawares. I choked the sucker out, robbed his uniform and filled my inventory with what I was wearing and eighteen onions. 82lbs/82lbs. That's inconvenient.
Proceeded to evade guards for a while, tried to jump off the drawbridge and was met by an invisible wall. Consulted the guide again. Apparently in the event you have a bounty and can't exit the main gate by bribing the guard, you jump off the draw bridge. Go figure. Why the hell can't I jump off it then? Turns out you gotta slip under the chain and can't jump over the two foot high hand rails...
Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game so far, well intentioned but clunky as all hell.
I've got the hang of most stuff, althought the archery is absolutely terrible. I can hit bullseye's no problem but that doesn't change the fact that the whole system is poignently badly designed. It's infuriating for infuriating's sake.
I'm now at the point where I need to meet the bailiff. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have played this far if I weren't finding some enjoyment out of it but... Jesus Christ, the clunkiness is extremely jarring. I'm glad they taught me advanced combat before this stage or I'd have torn my eyes out without a feignt or parry option. Also how in god's green earth do I increase my carrying capacity? I've spent what few skill points I've earnt so far on sensible bits, but I literally can't loot a carrot without throwing off my coif or something.

This is pure gold right here

It also describes and confirms my fear of this game and makes me feel good for missing out :D

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Is the game in a enjoyable state yet (bugwise)? Devs admitted to have released it too soon i read somewhere.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Is the game in a enjoyable state yet (bugwise)? Devs admitted to have released it too soon i read somewhere.

I have been having a good time but there are some frustrating bugs. For this reason, I installed the mod to allow unlimited saves.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
This is pure gold right here

It also describes and confirms my fear of this game and makes me feel good for missing out :D
It shouldn't. Great game, though I've taken a break from it due to life's responsibilities... Too easy to lose time in this game.

I got it during summer sales and I am enjoying the first maps slowly, it is more than I expected, I am getting into it. I just met the girl that says "We buried your parents". I am playing it in German and it makes me feels so involved, it is not sane.
IF it had no fights it would be even better. click click clik is not my concept of fun. partr from that, it is nice.

Ah, playh it with a high end pc, because without that it doesn't shine.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I got it during summer sales and I am enjoying the first maps slowly, it is more than I expected, I am getting into it. I just met the girl that says "We buried your parents". I am playing it in German and it makes me feels so involved, it is not sane.
IF it had no fights it would be even better. click click clik is not my concept of fun. partr from that, it is nice.

Ah, playh it with a high end pc, because without that it doesn't shine.

Have some wine on ice, get a little tipsy, and get into the role playing of it all mate. The combat is fun when your tipsy. Shout at your screen! YOU ROTTEN FILTH, MY SWORD WILL SEE YOU JUSTICE ON THIS DAY!!!! then howl at your WASD keys in all its glory!

Invoke your imagination my friend! :rockout: