1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kodak Easy share

Discussion in 'General Software' started by fanbrother, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fanbrother New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't get tech support at Kodak to help me so I'm hoping someone here can help. I have a new Kodak easy share touch M5370. I plugged the camera into the computer and a box opened for me to "setup" from the kodak share button app v4.1

As soon as I click "setup" and then email sharing, it gives me several options of email accounts to pick (ie: yahoo, gmail, aol, microsoft mail, etc)

It has Kodak gallery as the default and its clicked. When I click on AOL and click next a box pops up and says "Add aol mail" and gives me choices to make the pictures smaller and easier to email and then asks for my email and password.
    When I fill in the appropriate sections and click "next" a box pops up and it says please wait and a spinning status circle starts. Thats as far as it goes and it hangs on that every time. I've twice waited at least 45 minutes for it to do something.

Tech support was no help and basically said "its your server" and another person told me it was their server, and another person had me uninstall and reinstall and still its doing the same thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions that would help? I'd really appreciate it.

2. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    You might need to give the app permission in your firewall.

KODAK Share Button App online help

Or, maybe, this: EASYSHARE Software won't start
    This is the latest version for windows: KODAK EASYSHARE Software - WINDOWS Operating Systems

You can try using the Kodak find answers search site for more answers/info.

Hope this helps, but, I do not use that software or AOL.
    You might need to look at any security settings, ports, secure passwords/log-in, etc.
    Hopefully someone that had a similar problem will stop by and help.
    Good luck.

fanbrother says thanks.
  3. fanbrother New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for your reply

I'm not as tech savvy as all the members of this site. I know this is such a lame question, but how do I get to my firewall? I will add it as a truste site, but not sure how to get there.

4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to TPU. Please fill out your system specs so you can assist you better.

We can't know about "your firewall" specifically without more information; it depends on your setup and ISP even. Moreover, there is a software firewall in Windows itself which is active by default in addition to any hardware firewall that may be in place in your router or modem.

So...what version of Windows are you running and how do you connect to the internet? Cable modem with a wired connection to your PC? DSL with wireless access going to a laptop? AOL dial up?

fanbrother says thanks.
  5. Goodman

Goodman

Thanks Received:
    Never understood why people use those kind of software in the first place?

Windows comes with everything you need like photo viewer , i just plug my cam in to the PC & copy all to a folder & if i want to send it to someone i just send it to him by email simple & easy enough to not need another software to do it for you....

6. fanbrother New Member

Thanks Received:
    Goodman, the reason that I got the camera is because I'm taking a big trip this week and wanted something simple that I could put in my pocket and use very easily. My big mistake was ordering it online and not reading about what it can't and can do. I thought "easy share touch" meant that when I take a picture, I can hit share on the screen and "wirelessly" I could send it to emails, facebook, etc. WRONG I can do it "sort of" buy tagging which pictures I want to go where and then when I plug it to the computer, it will send those pictures to whereever I earmarked them to go. My bad for not researching the camera.

Wrigley I have an HP computer that runs windows 7 home premium edition. I have a broadband connection with a cable connection to the modem.

7. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Not convinced a firewall is your exact problem but worth a shot. First of all turn off "Windows 7 Firewall". Type Firewall in the Run box and it should show it to you and there is a "turn off" option in there. Or can Google how to do it. If after doing that it still does not work you can ask the cable company if they have any firewall in place that may be blocking this Kodak traffic.