• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Koenigsegg and Razer Push Performance Obsession with Design Partnership

Razer, the global leader in gaming devices and software, announced today a partnership with Swedish supercar manufacturer Koenigsegg to produce a series of not-for-sale Koenigsegg limited edition Razer Blade laptops. The alliance is emblematic of the two brands' common preoccupation with engineering perfection.

"Every single detail of a Koenigsegg car is measured against our continuing goal to enhance vehicle performance," says Koenigsegg Automotive AB CEO Christian von Koenigsegg. "This is reflected in everything we do. Nothing is insignificant. We find our doppelganger in Razer - a company inspired beyond conventional reason to design products for extreme functionality and fun."

The relationship is tethered between Koenigsegg's headquarters in Ängelholm, Sweden and Razer's San Francisco design offices, through which Razer's roster of in-house scientists and engineers are focused on developing cutting-edge technology. The partners plan to inaugurate the Razer-Koenigsegg relationship with a limited edition of custom not-for-sale Blade laptops, which a select few Koenigsegg owners and Razer fans will get to use. The gaming system will boast power that belies its ultra-thin chassis, which will be CNC machined and appointed with unmistakable Koenigsegg cachet.

The Koenigsegg Razer Blade will be unveiled at the Geneva International Motor Show in March 2014, where it will show off its performance, letting a lucky few drive virtual Agera R's in the best possible setting. Both Razer and Koenigsegg see this collaboration as a first step in a long relationship from which more exciting products can be born and brought to market through the collaboration.

"As far as I'm concerned, Koenigsegg is the archetype by which all design innovation may be measured universally - a company hell bent on combining beauty, performance and sheer power," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "Our shared obsession with extreme performance makes working with Christian and his crew an exciting project and an honor."

To celebrate the inauguration of the Koenigsegg-Razer relationship, Razer will be giving-away two Koenigsegg-branded Razer Blades. Details about the promotions will be available online at www.razerzone.com/koenigsegg and www.razerzone.com/koenigsegg-cn.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I always find the laptop co-branding deal to be so stupid but those with more money than brains rush to hand over piles of cash to pretend their laptop is the equivalent or representative of an exotic car. They must be using some good meds.

I always find the laptop co-branding deal to be so stupid but those with more money than brains rush to hand over piles of cash to pretend their laptop is the equivalent or representative of an exotic car. They must be using some good meds.

I'm the worst person to say this but, I'll just leave this here:

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
I'm always stupefied by the fact that laptop manufactures forever try to draw parallel with supercars, in fact that most people who show interest in these laptops could never afford a supercar, neither would anyone who drive supercars would be remotely interested in a gaming laptop - unfortunately (for us) they probably have better things to do.

Then why does a supercar manufacture even remotely care about a slab of metal that is laptops? Less for one that isn't even up for sale? Its like a golf club company trying to sell their limited edition signature clubs to a bunch of pre-teen girls. Not to mention that a supercar isn't even made out of metal, as metals are too heavy and not an ideal impact absorbent material, so then tell me what does a supercar company know anything about CNCing of aluminum or metallurgy? (they mostly use some form of carbon fiber and advanced plastics)

Looking at the pictures, there were no such "design innovations" that went into this laptop other than tacking a ridiculously superficial logo on to a Razer Blade. By the looks of it, Koenigsegg probably took no part in this other than lending Razer their name. Does this somehow make the rest of us jealous that we aren't entitled to own this 'limited' piece of fake PR crap?

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
Driving a supercar doesn't make you some elite exquisite gentleman. My local supercar club (well not super-supercar consist mostly of 458, 911 and McLaren 12C) is doing what wannabe people doing such as watching Fast n Furious franchise and buy Fanatec Porsche 911 steering wheels just because it looks like Porsche's (he owns Ferrari 360 CS though).
Also people buy the brand attributes like crazy. You can almost be guaranteed to see Ferrari owner/fans to wear shirt/cap/watch/bag/backpack/sunglasses with Ferrari logo etched into it.

So yeah, people will buy it.

On the other hand, the Koenigsegg livery is derived from Speedracer anime and in my opinion, tasteful.

System Name First Gaming PC
Processor AMD APU Kaveri A10-7850k
Motherboard MSI A88XM-E45
Cooling Stock Cooler
Memory Kingston HyperX 8 GB 1866MHz
Video Card(s) Intergrated with CPU
Storage Kingston Hyperx 3k 120 GB(OS) + 1 TB WD Blue
Display(s) LG 20EN33V 1920 x 1080
Case Infinity Rave
Audio Device(s) Intergrated Sound Card
Power Supply Enermax NAXN 500w
Software Windows 8.1 64-bit

No need to be jealous if you cant afford High-end gaming laptop, We buy what we want to buy, so chill

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
so bmw, lamborghini then Koenigsegg

System Name Livingston
Processor i7-4960HQ
Motherboard macbook prp retina
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta (240mm x 120mm x 80mm)
Memory 16Gb
Video Card(s) Zotac Arctic Storm Nvidia 980ti
Display(s) 1x Acer XB270HU, 1x Catleap, 1x Oculus
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/770087
Gosh that's ugly, laptops are about function over form. Random curves just make you wonder if it came out last year, or 6 years ago.