• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Koolance CPU-360 doesn't fit on Gigabyte X58 UD4P

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Dammit. This sucks. My plans were a gigabyte X58A and this block. I couldn't cancel the order in time, so I'm stuck with dealing with an RMA. Their site said it will fit the GB boards, so I'll be damned if i'm paying for shipping on an RMA. I shouldn't have to pay a single penny to RMA something they falsely labeled, intentional or not.

Temujin

Dammit. This sucks. My plans were a gigabyte X58A and this block. I couldn't cancel the order in time, so I'm stuck with dealing with an RMA. Their site said it will fit the GB boards, so I'll be damned if i'm paying for shipping on an RMA. I shouldn't have to pay a single penny to RMA something they falsely labeled, intentional or not.

If you haven't been emailed a shipping number yet, you should immediately call. They'll cancel it even if it's sitting on the dock waiting to go out. Just know that the U.S. Koolance team here are just as inconvenienced as you. A whole lot of redirecting and planning has to be figured in with the revamp.

As a consumer myself, I can't help but wonder what will become of the revision 1. Perhaps the block will will drop in price for the P55/P55A folks. It wouldn't be the end of the world for us. *crosses fingers* ;)

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
If you haven't been emailed a shipping number yet, you should immediately call. They'll cancel it even if it's sitting on the dock waiting to go out. Just know that the U.S. Koolance team here are just as inconvenienced as you. A whole lot of redirecting and planning has to be figured in with the revamp.

As a consumer myself, I can't help but wonder what will become of the revision 1. Perhaps the block will will drop in price for the P55/P55A folks. It wouldn't be the end of the world for us. *crosses fingers* ;)

I didn't order from Koolance, and I already have a tracking number. It's due in tomorrow. I plan to RMA thru Koolance tho, as it's their fault I ordered a block for a board that it was supposed to fit, but doesn't. And I don't frankly care how inconvenienced they are. They are the ones that didn't do their homework prior to claiming the block fits the GB boards. They kind of deserve the inconvenience.

Temujin

I didn't order from Koolance, and I already have a tracking number. It's due in tomorrow. I plan to RMA thru Koolance tho, as it's their fault I ordered a block for a board that it was supposed to fit, but doesn't. And I don't frankly care how inconvenienced they are. They are the ones that didn't do their homework prior to claiming the block fits the GB boards. They kind of deserve the inconvenience.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'm just saying, it's never personal when something doesn't work out...unless it's Maddoff, Enron, or Toyota. I suspect Koolance will take care of you anyways. I wonder if anyone on the forums here is looking to for the CPU-360 block for their P55/P55A system. Might be too much of a pain.

INFRNL

UPDATE FROM KOOLANCE:

So the asus boards have no problems.. its the giggy boards..
Are those quick disconnects just for testing purposes? kind ofa cool idea, but I imagine with the other half that it would make for a long fitting?

You could always refuse the package or return to sender. Then contact Koolance to let them know whats going on; this would bypass additional shipping costs. They ship via UPS with no sig required; at least for me.

I need to see if this will fit on my boards before time goes by too far.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Didn't order from Koolance, and I still want the other stuff I ordered. lol. I ordered from Frozencpu. I might just see if FCPU will let me exchange it for the HK all Cu block instead. I picked the 360 in the first place because of it's universal nature, as opposed to the HK blocks only coming with a single mounting plate, and charging extra for different mounts.

Temujin

Are those quick disconnects just for testing purposes? kind ofa cool idea, but I imagine with the other half that it would make for a long fitting?

You could always refuse the package or return to sender. Then contact Koolance to let them know whats going on; this would bypass additional shipping costs. They ship via UPS with no sig required; at least for me.

I need to see if this will fit on my boards before time goes by too far.

I don't use quick connect barbs myself in the P55A-UD6. However, they would work and don't look too odd once the system and lights are on.

What I meant was that the mounting bracket, back plate, screws, springs, etc are the exact same as the ones used on the CPU-345/350 block that was installed. So, I just had to take 15 minutes to quickly swap the block out. Lost maybe an ounce of water, if that.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Well I tried to mount the block on my EVGA X58 SLI LE it was a NO-GO. Same issue with my Gigabyte board, capacitors/transistors are in the way of the block sitting on the CPU:

I am not even going to try with my ASU Rampage II Gene ~ this sucks!!!

I cannot believe that Koolance would bring a new water block to the market and not be able to support the high-end of the industry. What a piece of shit:)
And they want me to pay them to send it back? What a joke

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
This is why caps should not be essentially touching the CPU socket, this is as much the mobo manufacturers fault as koolance TBH.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Well I disagree. These motherboards have been on the market for over a year!!! Koolance just came out with this "new" block. So let me see...
Who should have been paying attention to whom???

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
Okay maybe " as much" was the wrong phrase, koolance is more to blame but its still a design floor with the mobos.

the caps on my board have a 3mm clearance from the socket which makes much more sense.

( as caps are taller then the socket, it means CPU coolers in general could use more horizontal space initially and every little bit of surface area helps eh)

TBH, I'm completely befuddled why mobo manufacturers don't solder caps and such like to the reverse of the board, it would still work and it would leave SO much more space for cooling.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=147

"The Koolance spacer for Intel LGA775 boards works with the Koolance LGA775 rails. It is designed for motherboards with tall capacitors near the socket that may conflict with the Koolance CPU-300 cooler"

the bottom is too thin to mill, They will probably make a modified mounting plate

+1 on Koolance being a good company..This is really not that big of a deal (the fix is easy and only need to mod the brackets 4 mounting holes just a bit )

They could adjust the mounting plate to shift the whole thing out of the way of the cpacitors, but that might diminish cooling and wouldn't work for all boards, I suspect... we'll see.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
You hit the nail on the head there, could cause problems on other motherboards instead heh XD

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
Well I disagree. These motherboards have been on the market for over a year!!! Koolance just came out with this "new" block. So let me see...
Who should have been paying attention to whom???

Agreed. This was a gross oversight on Koolance's part. There is just no excuse for it. At the very least, they needed to post that there were compatibility problems when it was released. They really need to do the right thing here, and at minimum pay for everyone's RMA shipping.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
They're legally required to, you just need to ask them to refund it after they receive the item.

Temujin

"The Koolance spacer for Intel LGA775 boards works with the Koolance LGA775 rails. It is designed for motherboards with tall capacitors near the socket that may conflict with the Koolance CPU-300 cooler"

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/spc-cp775k_03.jpg

They could adjust the mounting plate to shift the whole thing out of the way of the cpacitors, but that might diminish cooling and wouldn't work for all boards, I suspect... we'll see.

No shims are going to be used, or offered. And, Koolance has already messed around with some blocks in just adjusting their placement, but performance loss is not an option either. Since the block works fine on the LGA1156 boards, it'll be interesting to see if the price drops some. Any revised blocks will also kick butt.

On that note, the CPU-360 on my Core i7 870 has been sitting at 21 C when setting up the BIOS and at desktop. So again, sacrificing performance is not an option. ;)

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
how do you know they work on 1156? By my calcutations and stricktly guesswork here, it wont fit on my UD6 or UD7.

Reason: There is a painted line on every motherboard, thiis denotes a "cooler clearance" line. On both my UD's the caps are right on that line, well just clear of it, but you get that they are really close. Koolance made the base of the block too big, and by all the images I've seen, their block crosses that boundry line.

So if all the sockets are painted with the same specs on the "lined area" then it isnt going to fit a lot of boards. I'd love to get one as it seemed clean. I was about to buy one till I saw this, and to tell ya the truth, I wont pay for something that I have already seen fails to fit withing an industry standard of spacing:(

MKmods

Case Mod Guru
System Name Crossflow III
Processor AMD 965 (4.04Ghz)
Motherboard Asus Crosshair III
Cooling Air
Memory 4 gigs Mushkin 7-7-7-20@1T
Video Card(s) single 9800GT
Storage Raptor 150's in Raid0
Display(s) LG Flatron 24"
Case Custom
Audio Device(s) AuzenTech X-Raider W/OP637
Power Supply Custom modded Corsair 750HX
Software Win 7 64/Solaris Utility
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06--21963 so far

All they have to do is elongate the 4 mounting holes to the left just a bit.

The base of the block is such that a few mm in either direction wont make any difference in temps.

One other fix would be to take the 4 mounting screws and bend them a bit to create a mm or 2 offset.

Last edited:

Temujin

how do you know they work on 1156? By my calcutations and stricktly guesswork here, it wont fit on my UD6 or UD7.

Reason: There is a painted line on every motherboard, thiis denotes a "cooler clearance" line. On both my UD's the caps are right on that line, well just clear of it, but you get that they are really close. Koolance made the base of the block too big, and by all the images I've seen, their block crosses that boundry line.

So if all the sockets are painted with the same specs on the "lined area" then it isnt going to fit a lot of boards. I'd love to get one as it seemed clean. I was about to buy one till I saw this, and to tell ya the truth, I wont pay for something that I have already seen fails to fit withing an industry standard of spacing:(

I'm using the CPU-360 on the GIGABYTE P55A-UD6 right now...with the Out port to the back...making perfect, flat contact....even better than the CPU-350AT I had installed. It will fit the UD6 and UD7 just fine despite their cap placement, which isn't too close to the CPU socket. (It's in one of my other posts already.) All the other board makers have very similar cap placements as well, but no closer. THUS, the CPU-360 works on P55/P55A across the market.

It's just the X58/X58A series that can't accommodate the block. The only maker that didn't place caps -right next to the CPU socket- is ECS.

Naekuh

System Name Nadeshiko
Processor i7 980X @ 4.2ghz /w HT ON 24/7
Motherboard eVGA Classified E759
Cooling Custom H2o
Memory Corsair Dominators 6 x 2GB
Video Card(s) 2 x HD4870X2 in Xfire
Storage 3 x X-25V in Raid 0 (OS) + 3 x Raptors in Raid 0 (Game)
Display(s) Dual Gateway 2485
Case MM U2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra 1.6KW
Software Win7
Well I tried to mount the block on my EVGA X58 SLI LE it was a NO-GO. Same issue with my Gigabyte board, capacitors/transistors are in the way of the block sitting on the CPU:
http://img.techpowerup.org/100224/IMG_0013.jpg

Why is it that your mount looks like you are tilted in the angle to the caps?

If you straightened it out, it would fit, judging from how much of an angle your mounts are at.

Also it was confirmed to work on the RIIG...

As you can see below:

Pictures of an ASUS Rampage II GENE (with the CPU-360 mounted properly) are below.

Also i got it to work on my P6T-DLX V1.

So they have a spacer but that doesn't mean they will just give out the same block with the spacer.

Koolance said they will give you guys a fix, not a spacer.

MUGEN02

System Name My First Time
Processor i7 965@3.6ghz-3.875ghz
Motherboard ASUS P6T6
Cooling Koolance= ERM-2K3U+2x120 AL rad, CPU-360, VID-NX295, 6 sets of no-spill QDCs, INS-FM17
Memory Corsair Dominator GT 1866 7-8-7-20 1T with Extended Fins
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 295@670/1476/1188
Storage Corsair SSD P256 x2 in RAID-0
Display(s) SONY 46XBR3
Case Lian Li PC-B70
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair 850HX
Software Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Just installed the 360(replacing 345ac) on my ASUS P6T6 and had no problems doing it. My temps are 1C maybe 2C lower. I'm using MX-3 instead of OCZ freeze now and both were mounted exactly the same way, horizontal(outlet on the right side) and the distance from the top of the thumb screws to the mounting plate is 15.75mm.
My flow rate is 2.3LMP(pump-8) to 2.7LMP(pump-10). Looks like I need a 2nd pump for my single loop.:shadedshu

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
So they have a spacer but that doesn't mean they will just give out the same block with the spacer.

Koolance said they will give you guys a fix, not a spacer.

We shall see... I've heard three possibilites, which one?:
  1. Spacer
  2. Redesigned Block
  3. Modified Mounting Bracket

Just installed the 360(replacing 345ac) on my ASUS P6T6 and had no problems doing it. My temps are 1C maybe 2C lower. I'm using MX-3 instead of OCZ freeze now and both were mounted exactly the same way, horizontal(outlet on the right side) and the distance from the top of the thumb screws to the mounting plate is 15.75mm.
My flow rate is 2.3LMP(pump-8) to 2.7LMP(pump-10). Looks like I need a 2nd pump for my single loop.:shadedshu

What flow did you see with the CPU-345?

MUGEN02

System Name My First Time
Processor i7 965@3.6ghz-3.875ghz
Motherboard ASUS P6T6
Cooling Koolance= ERM-2K3U+2x120 AL rad, CPU-360, VID-NX295, 6 sets of no-spill QDCs, INS-FM17
Memory Corsair Dominator GT 1866 7-8-7-20 1T with Extended Fins
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 295@670/1476/1188
Storage Corsair SSD P256 x2 in RAID-0
Display(s) SONY 46XBR3
Case Lian Li PC-B70
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply Corsair 850HX
Software Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Naekuh

System Name Nadeshiko
Processor i7 980X @ 4.2ghz /w HT ON 24/7
Motherboard eVGA Classified E759
Cooling Custom H2o
Memory Corsair Dominators 6 x 2GB
Video Card(s) 2 x HD4870X2 in Xfire
Storage 3 x X-25V in Raid 0 (OS) + 3 x Raptors in Raid 0 (Game)
Display(s) Dual Gateway 2485
Case MM U2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra 1.6KW
Software Win7
Well shit if they give you guys a spacer i will even have a cow.

Dont worry i'll fight for you guys...

dayam i sound like one of those cheap larry h parker commercials..