• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Koolance pump question

System Name Kaos Performance "Studio V3"
Processor i7 940 & 4.20 Ghz. stays very cool.
Motherboard ASUS P6X58D Premium on water.
Cooling Swiftech GTX, 2 x Fesser rads.
Memory 12 gigs Corsair
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 460 Gtx on water. Only to run multi monitors and NEC lfd.
Storage 2 Intel SSD for OS and programs. 8 WD Tera drives raid 5
Display(s) 3 x 30" Dell, 1 70" NEC P701-AVT LFD.
Case Raxx's 10U rack unit X 2. One for pc and cooling, one for studio gear.
Audio Device(s) M auidio in and out, split to Tube pres, AB split, and 48 channel Mackie.
Power Supply Antec quattro 1200, Seasonic 650, Power conditioner, Generac NG back-up generator.
Software Win Xp-Win 7. Lots of DAW software & plugins.
Benchmark Scores Not a Bench machine only OC'd cuz it's in my blood. This is boarderline over-kill for my needs, but
Does anyone know if this will fit on any Laing D5 pump? According to Laing site they only make one model. Seems Koolance just upped the voltage to get more head pressure. I am concerned about the threading though. Not for the fittings but, for the piece itself as it is srewed on.
Ordering from Performance-pcs and Hank is not to nice about returning things.
If I did not have a couple of varios already I would just get the Pmp 450 that it's made for but to much $. Thanks in advance if anyone can help clarify.

Attachments

• cov-pmp02p.jpg
    cov-pmp02p.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 483
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Seems Koolance just upped the voltage to get more head pressure. I am concerned about the threading though.
hmmm, I wonder if it is a potentiometer or a resistor? I would like to up Exos2 if possible.
I think you may be right about the thread issue, if not then you should be good to go imo.

Memory 12 gigs Corsair
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 460 Gtx on water. Only to run multi monitors and NEC lfd.
Audio Device(s) M auidio in and out, split to Tube pres, AB split, and 48 channel Mackie.
Power Supply Antec quattro 1200, Seasonic 650, Power conditioner, Generac NG back-up generator.
Benchmark Scores Not a Bench machine only OC'd cuz it's in my blood. This is boarderline over-kill for my needs, but
Thanx

hmmm, I wonder if it is a potentiometer or a resistor? I would like to up Exos2 if possible.
I think you may be right about the thread issue, if not then you should be good to go imo.

Thanx I appreciate the help. I'll keep looking around also. I think Energy FX has the pmp 450's in his rig , I might give him quick pm tomorrow.
I am glad I didn't order yet.

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
Nope, I run PMP-400s.

I'm think the PMP-450 is a typical laing pump re-badged for Koolance, but I can't say that with any reasonable certainty.

If you order it directly form Koolance they will refund you if it doesn't work, but you will have to eat the shipping both ways.

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM
all koolance pump's are re-badged laing's

the rating's are taken with higher Voltage (using something like a meanwell PSU) therefore increasing pump output but also heat dump

the pump's can be run at the higher rating's but be shure to calculate for the increased heat dump into the loop

:toast:

Processor Q9550 @3.8
Motherboard Asus Maximus Extreme
Cooling Custom water cooling
Memory 4GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 2x HD4870 512MB
Storage 2x 500GB
Display(s) 3x LG L226WTQ 22" Widescreen LCD
Case Modded TJ07
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply PC P&C Silencer 750
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Memory 12 gigs Corsair
Thanx for takimg the time Flyboy.

Nope, I run PMP-400s.

I'm think the PMP-450 is a typical laing pump re-badged for Koolance, but I can't say that with any reasonable certainty.

If you order it directly form Koolance they will refund you if it doesn't work, but you will have to eat the shipping both ways.

Acctually don't know if you fly or not but, just read yor profile USAF huh? Cool.
Devil-Dog here. That's where Kaos comes from. 2 years in and signed up for Experi "MENTAL" ;) field trials. No, no splicing Gorrilla genes w/ mine. Actually only got to work on a few projects. Last one was a new type of light-weight Cevlar er??(kevlar)? :confused:
Anyway, ate one in the shoulder. Passed right through soft tissue. They said I'd be in the infirfmary for a week, then light duty for another couple weeks. Well, last blood test showed MRSA. 5 freakin months no food or water, TPN bag, Vancomyacin I.V. 3 times a day. Damn Doc don't wash their hands.
Long story longer :laugh: They gave me a couple of stupid medals, offered me a desk job " can do that at home!" My guys made me a necklace out of the shells they where using that day, and I went back to the family bussiness.
The weirderst thing though. Which is why now I believe in Karma. However trivial. And this does sound trivial. But, but it was the bussiest night we had ever had at the restreraunt, and the fuse box fried out. Every fuse I put in would just blow in a minute or so. So, I reach down and rip this shell off my chain (these are those old copper fuses.) Perfect fit, not exactly safe but for the couple hours it did the trick.

Can i bitch myself out for Hijacking my own thread..........

Anyway, real reason I posted is I'm not a big forum scroller. And, of the few friends I have on the posts. You have earned yourself my water colling go to guy award. Had the Koolance - pmp450 pump top over nighted and it works like a charm. The increased head pressure, for me at least had nothing to do with increased voltage. I tried with 1/2 ", but when i put on the 3/8 id it shot up close to 12-13 feet.

Triple thanx for the advice and help. And, might need some of your fittings. so, please PM let me no what you got left as my Koolance once are starting to chip (plating coming off).

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
Aaack!! Using a brass shell for a fuse is incredibly risky! My AFSC is Civil Engineering - Electrical.

Anyways, that sucks about your shoulder. At least it was your shoulder and not a few inches over to something vital.

I'll PM you about the fittings.