1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Koolance VID-AT1-V06 for X850XTPE ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DJR68, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DJR68 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello all,

I'd like to share my experience with the Koolance VID-AT1-V06 liquid cooler. I have a ThermalTake BigWater system, I added the Koolance video cooler and the GPU-180-V06 chipset cooler to my rig over the past couple of days and I had to share the results with you all. Using an Ati X850XTPE AGP card, and AS 5.

Using ATITool, my GPU temps went from around 75 degrees C with the stock cooler (fan speeds adjusted with the tool) during the 3D test, to around 48 degrees C with the Koolance cooler on it. I ran the tests for 10 minutes, then 5 off, then 15 minutes, then 5 off, then 20 minutes. Hey, in my opinion, 27 degrees C is a big difference.

Installation of the cooler was pretty straight-forward, though I did have to modify the cooler a little so it would fit properly (for $110 you'd think it would fit right). Installed in a Tt Xaser III case, which has plenty of room, though a smaller case might have a problem fitting this cooler in it.

Water flow is like this: Pump-> chipset-> GPU-> CPU-> Temp probe-> Radiator->

I used a nibbler and cut the blowhole on the top of the case to accomodate the radiator, with the coolant lines going straight through the case. It's pretty clean looking, and a lot better than when I had the radiator on the back of the case, with the coolant lines exposed.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I had problems with a different WB on this card, no problems with this one... it even cools the memory and there's a cool-pak which covers a good portion of the top of the card, including the memory there.

http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=175

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger

Thanks Received:
    Do you have to have a complete water cooling system in oder to use this cooler? (ie) does it have to be connected to the water cooling system?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. DJR68 New Member

Thanks Received:

Yes, you do. I went with the Thermaltake system because of the price, and it performs quite well, CPU temps dropped at least 30 degrees F using it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Dillinger

Dillinger

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. NavyDood New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am using an orig Koolance Exos with a Zalman ZM-WB2 for the CPU and a Koolance CHC-A09for my GPU. GPU gets cooled after it comes out of the CPU. On my Connect3D X800GTO clocked to 580/560, I have yet to see the GPU go over 40° Loaded.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. DJR68 New Member

Thanks Received:

10 Year Member at TPU