• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kyle Bennett of HardOCP Joins Intel as Director of Enthusiast Engagement

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
not surprising from a bunch of white guys in Texas.
Wow, generalize much? That right there is pretty much everything you just blasted. You’re no better.

You can’t tell anything about a person by the color of their skin or where they live or are from....other than they are a person.

Sorry Kyle, never heard of you before this thread, and I've been around a few years and read a lot of forums.
You didn’t at least hear about how Nvidia cut him off because he called the GPP thing out as bad? We had news stories and threads on it here.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
You didn’t at least hear about how Nvidia cut him off because he called the GPP thing out as bad? We had news stories and threads on it here.
I remember some site got cut off, but his name doesn't ring a bell.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
It is interesting for sure.

We have always had the debate of how neutral are media based product reviewers, some of us feel they are too close to the companies who own the products they reviewing. The fact many ex media reviewers are now been recruited by these companies I feel kind of backs that up.

On hardforum today which I thought after their public exposure of nvidia issues was one of the better sites, I posted some concerns about a psu I brought which was previously reviewed on hardocp, and one of the staff members ripped into me, I was only seeking clarification if a bait and switch had occurred, even two other users picked up on it and commented that the staff member's tone was uncalled for, and even then he didnt back off. Seems he was unhappy that I was posting something that could possibly harm the reputation of the PSU vendor. As it turns out there was no bait and switch but instead an issue with the packaging causing the wrong spec to be printed on the box, but the response of that staff member was a real eye opener and sadly looks like I will be cancelling my patreon to hardocp because of it.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
On hardforum today which I thought after their public exposure of nvidia issues was one of the better sites, I posted some concerns about a psu I brought which was previously reviewed on hardocp, and one of the staff members ripped into me, I was only seeking clarification if a bait and switch had occurred, even two other users picked up on it and commented that the staff member's tone was uncalled for, and even then he didnt back off. Seems he was unhappy that I was posting something that could possibly harm the reputation of the PSU vendor. As it turns out there was no bait and switch but instead an issue with the packaging causing the wrong spec to be printed on the box, but the response of that staff member was a real eye opener and sadly looks like I will be cancelling my patreon to hardocp because of it.
You make me feel like quoting myself:
HardOCP's community is horrible and their forums are a complete cesspit
The moderators are not at all exempt from that designation - in fact, they're quite directly responsible for it.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
Don't you see the TPU logo is red? :slap:

But jokes aside... if you poke deeper, we have fanboys of every camp. Except for Microsoft, everyone like to hate M$.

We certainly have MS-fanboys too.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
You make me feel like quoting myself:

The moderators are not at all exempt from that designation - in fact, they're quite directly responsible for it.

I have had no issues with the community itself with the non staff, had some great help from there in the years.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
We certainly have MS-fanboys too.

I tend to go retard about Microsoft and about failing to fix something only in their feedback hub.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism (BOX-cooler)
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair Desktop RAM Vengeance LPX 3200MHz Red
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX 3060Ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 510 1TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Case Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Software Windows10 64bit
Well , it might took longer than I thought ( 1. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...olistic-practices.242216/page-13#post-3837997 / 2. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...artner-program-gpp.243921/page-6#post-3839183 ) , but I feel that my justification came at last.
Kyle , the """:respect:hero of GPP""" , the """:respect:PROTECTOR of customer's choices""""( https://hardforum.com/threads/gefor...nsumer-choice.1955963/page-18#post-1043529491 ) , from now on he will be protecting my ""customer choices"" , …. by working/paid from a competitive towards nVidia company;). (*and a company with a great history as well :
). I really can't thank Kyle enough for protecting my customer choices:love: all this time , and I wish him all the best at his job at a competitive:peace: towards nVidia company !!!

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
Intel's prognosis was bad, no wonder they went berserk with hiring talent, but practically stealing Raja Kuduri from AMD is just low.

This tells you how most companies aren't much more than a bunch of money-counters, paper exchangers, and logos, most of the work behind products is achieved by cheap-shots, no skill, it's cheating, and business culture has no concept of morals/credibility and acquirement is the name of the game, the industry always uses cheats.

Acquirement = aimbot
Corporate espionage = wallhack
PR Spam = noobtubes
PR Damage Control = teleport

XYZ Company has developed this and that and this and that and this and that
No you didn't, all you did was paid someone off to work under your name.

The name/logo is therefore meaningless, if the people behind it can hop freely around at any time. Same thing with sports teams, they're all meaningless if any team can buy any player at any time.

Our FC Transistors isn't the top team anymore like it was 10 years ago ... wonder why, they'll have to step up their training this year

Well DDDDD, a bunch of Raja Kuduris have left, no wonder. That's not the same "they" anymore, as soon as one person changes in a team it's NOT the same team anymore.

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Intel's prognosis was bad, no wonder they went berserk with hiring talent, but practically stealing Raja Kuduri from AMD is just low.
It’s not stealing. Employees with skills, education and talent are always going to higher paying jobs all over the world.

I never begrudge someone going to make more money and provide more financial security to family and/or future. I’m glad they can find companies to pay them more. There are always companies that pay more for the best. I’m glad there are. Without incentive, there is no advancement of anything in the world.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
Well , it might took longer than I thought ( 1. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...olistic-practices.242216/page-13#post-3837997 / 2. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...artner-program-gpp.243921/page-6#post-3839183 ) , but I feel that my justification came at last.
Kyle , the """:respect:hero of GPP""" , the """:respect:PROTECTOR of customer's choices""""( https://hardforum.com/threads/gefor...nsumer-choice.1955963/page-18#post-1043529491 ) , from now on he will be protecting my ""customer choices"" , …. by working/paid from a competitive towards nVidia company;). (*and a company with a great edit: legal history as well edit: @14:32 of the video :
). I really can't thank Kyle enough for protecting my customer choices:love: all this time , and I wish him all the best at his job at a competitive:peace: towards nVidia company !!!

Since, both history, and the comparison between similar situations ,are crucial for myself in order to reach conclusions , I have to make an addition to my previous post :
So , considering his past , heroic stance towards GPP , i'm wondering if mr.Bennett would like to make a verdict about the "legality" or not about this new issue:confused: that has risen :
""AMD Fires Back at China Chip Accusations in Strongly Worded Statement"" ( https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-china-joint-venture-rebuttal,39766.html ) , since , IF this Wall Street Journal article is accurate , then the U.S. consumer choices might also become severely impacted once more:p besides mr.Bennett's heroic efforts in the past to prevent that from happening:respect: !!.
So, just like he did during GPP, where he neglected the "traditional" courts of law and transformed the [H]-forum into a "Court of Law" itself , with mr.Bennett assuming the role of a high-judge, making verdicts about what is legal / illegal and informing us that ""his lawyers are ready"" as long as several others flammable-statements, i'm curious to see whether or not mr.Bennett will assume the role of the high-judge for once more , since the consumer choices might be endangered once again:fear: !!!!

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
I wonder what we will get out of this. Kyle pushing Intel to make overclockable chips for cheap? Ahh, the possibilities.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Since, both history, and the comparison between similar situations ,are crucial for myself in order to reach conclusions , I have to make an addition to my previous post :
So , considering his past , heroic stance towards GPP , i'm wondering if mr.Bennett would like to make a verdict about the "legality" or not about this new issue:confused: that has risen :
""AMD Fires Back at China Chip Accusations in Strongly Worded Statement"" ( https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-china-joint-venture-rebuttal,39766.html ) , since , IF this Wall Street Journal article is accurate , then the U.S. consumer choices might also become severely impacted once more:p besides mr.Bennett's heroic efforts in the past to prevent that from happening:respect: !!.
So, just like he did during GPP, where he neglected the "traditional" courts of law and transformed the [H]-forum into a "Court of Law" itself , with mr.Bennett assuming the role of a high-judge, making verdicts about what is legal / illegal and informing us that ""his lawyers are ready"" as long as several others flammable-statements, i'm curious to see whether or not mr.Bennett will assume the role of the high-judge for once more , since the consumer choices might be endangered once again:fear: !!!!
This has nothing to do with Bennett and everything to do with the Trump administration, AMD licensing IP, and China purchasing said license. It's part of the grander Huawei/ZTE security concerns, the tariffs, and Trump's posturing towards China in general. AMD is caught in the middle of their feud because AMD provided enough information to China to make their own knock off first gen Ryzen chips. AMD did nothing illegal. All of the actions by the Trump administration were after the contracts were made and fulfilled. AMD was also proactive in willingly suspending the licensing agreement. All of this was well covered in business media. Again, nothing to do with Bennett.

System Name Order66
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Display(s) Asus VE228HR
Software Windows10 64bit
This has nothing to do with Bennett and everything to do with the Trump administration, AMD licensing IP, and China purchasing said license. It's part of the grander Huawei/ZTE security concerns, the tariffs, and Trump's posturing towards China in general. AMD is caught in the middle of their feud because AMD provided enough information to China to make their own knock off first gen Ryzen chips. AMD did nothing illegal. All of the actions by the Trump administration were after the contracts were made and fulfilled. AMD was also proactive in willingly suspending the licensing agreement. All of this was well covered in business media. Again, nothing to do with Bennett.

Exactly!!! that's exactly my point from my discussions during the GPP thread : GPP had also anything to do with mr.Bennett , just like this one now, as you say !! It's a matter of law in which , - since mr.Bennett isn't a judge as far as i know- ,he doesn't have any right to imply what is legal or illegal and "flame" the community against a company!! And despite his "flaming" words at the [H] GPP thread ,neither mr.Bennett , nor any other multinational/multibillion company , have made any legal move against nVidia !!!

P.S. And in order to prevent people say : """they didn't make any legal move because they are all afraid of nVidia""" , let me remind you that about a month ago , a company(*Xperi) far smaller than these multibillion giants , has filled a lawsuit against nVidia , and also against Samsung in the past , for a patent-matter !! (* so , please no-one to state an argument such as that) : GamersNexus video :