1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

L4D lags out of no where recently

Discussion in 'Games' started by ASRockIQ, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    since the newest update release i would assume i have recently been getting these lags. it happens in the middle of a game or when at the end of a round when we all go down in versus and thus in the stage of loading the Data for the next round. i have my CPU OC'd but this has been happening since the update took place but idk if it's the update. seems like a Hardware or a program issue.

programs i had running are...

Anti-Virus Avira Personal
    Pidgin
    MediaMonkey+CD Art Display (Not playing music)
    Windows Sidebar
    Task Manager

idk what the cause could be.

Hardware Temps. are fine and cool.

Edit1: to give you more detail about the lag (The game will stop and any sound effect will repeat for about 10sec. or more and then it will resume)
    Edit2: going to re-download and see if that fixes things
    Edit3: seems the re-downloading has fixed the issue. if it comes up again i'll be sure to let anyone know.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. welly321

welly321 New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is a setting you need to disable. I just had this happen to me and fixed it. I am sorry but im at work, but if you could post a screenshot of the graphic options screen i can tell you what to disable.

3. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Do you mean Tripple Buffer or Multi-Core Rendering etc? Both have been fixed long ago in earlier L4D updates so they wouldn't be the problem. But if you have the PQ settings set too high your system may be having a hard time playing at those high settings.

But I don't think its your PC, it's most likely the L4D servers.

10 Year Member at TPU