• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop fan speed and clock problem (throttlestop)

Tumus0

when i play games i set my performance mode to high and adjust clock speeds using throttlestop ( like if i play MHW i use higher clocks/but when i play little games like CS GO i set lower clock speed)
when i did finished playing i closed them and change my mode to normal mode clock speed was staying low and laptop fans were not working due to not using cpu or gpu

but today something strange happened even if i set my laptop setting to normal and disabled throttlestop
the laptop fans were working and the clock speed didnt moved it stayed at the speed that i play games

Here are my settings ( when i play games i tick the SS in throttlestop)

i set %99 cpu usage so it doesnt turbo when i idle but it doesnt work either

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,014
Enable speedsift, disable turbo ratio limits, put back default turbo ratio limits and show your tpl settings.

Tumus0

could you help me out , what are the default settings or how can i put them

i think my speedshift bugged whether is ticked or not its working
(i set 0 and even its not ticked cpu is working on full clock on normal battery mode)
how can i fix that ?

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 833

mp_max

Hi. I have the same problem. I think this happened after updating Windows to version 2004, along with it, I updated the BIOS. And now Throttlestop doesn't work properly. I can't set the lock to clock speed.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Hi. I have the same problem. I think this happened after updating Windows to version 2004, along with it, I updated the BIOS. And now Throttlestop doesn't work properly. I can't set the lock to clock speed.
Windows 10 2004 includes firmware (BIOS) updates for some computers. After the update, CPU voltage control and turbo ratio adjustments will be locked.

ThrottleStop is not the problem. It is your BIOS that has locked your CPU. Going back to 1903 will not help. You can try going back to the previous BIOS version but Microsoft usually locks going back.
This issue has been noted numerous times by Unclewebb in posts, please use search prior to posting.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@Tumus0 - The ThrottleStop FIVR window shows that your CPU is using a Speed Shift EPP value of 0. If you want the CPU to use a different EPP value then try changing the Windows power profile that you are using. If that does not change EPP then check the Speed Shift EPP box on the main screen of ThrottleStop and set EPP to 80.

In the Power Options, do not set the CPU Usage to 99%.