• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop for graphic design

mouserat

Hi.

I'm looking for laptop for graphic design (mainly Adobe Illustratora and InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver).

What can you propose? I have 1000 EUR (1100 USD)?

Those are not heavy workload applications unless you go nuts with PSB (Photoshop Big) format.

Just gab whatever you can within your budget and you will be fine. Just make sure that you have a SSD on it for faster initial loadup.

System Name Epsilon
Processor A12-9800E 35watts
Motherboard MSI Grenade AM4
Cooling Stock
Memory 2x4GB DDR4 2400 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) Radeon R7 (IGP / APU)
Storage Samsung Spinpoint F1
Display(s) AOC 29" Ultra wide
Case Generic
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 380w
Software Windows 10
Hi.

I'm looking for laptop for graphic design (mainly Adobe Illustratora and InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver).

I own an MSI workstation laptop WS60, and I couldn't be more happy with it. It sports an nvidia quadro K2100 and 16GB of ram. Dual HDD: 1TB+SSD128GB and a 4th generation core i7 4720HQ. I got this for 1200$ refurbished.

I agree with alucasa, the SSD is a must. OS feels very snappy

The CPU, I would avoid any CPUs model name ends with "U" (for example, core i7 6200U) get an HQ instead (6700HQ) Just make sure its a quad core
The video card could be anything that does 2D correctly. I you don't want to share RAM, get a laptop with a dedicated video card
RAM amount usually can be upgraded later, but I wouldn't go with anything less than 12GB to begin with

System Name Steam Deck LCD
Processor AMD Van Gogh 4-Core 8-Threads
Motherboard Stock
Cooling Stock + MX4 Thermal Paste
Memory 16GB DDR5 5500
Video Card(s) AMD Van Gogh 8 CUs
Storage 512GB NVMe + 512GB MicroSD
Display(s) 7" 800p | LG 34" Ultrawide + 27" both 75Hz | 58" UHD TV
Case Stock + Airflow Backplate (5C less and a lot less noise)
Audio Device(s) Jabra Elite 65T Bluetooth Headphones | 50W Sound Bar
Power Supply Stock
Mouse Logitech MX-Master 3 Bluetooth | PS4 controller (because gyro)
Keyboard Logitech MX-Keys Bluetooth
Software SteamOS
Hi.

Buy the best gaming laptop for your price. Everything non gaming will not make you happy. Gaming laptops have much better cooling and better mobos. You also get better CPUs and GPUs available. MSI is good, but there are tons of options out there.

This looks like a great deal! I would though buy an extra 8GB memory and upgrade to 16GB.

loouch

Buy the best gaming laptop for your price. Everything non gaming will not make you happy. Gaming laptops have much better cooling and better mobos. You also get better CPUs and GPUs available. MSI is good, but there are tons of options out there.

This looks like a great deal! I would though buy an extra 8GB memory and upgrade to 16GB.
you'll need to buy extra 2x8gb memory... there are 2 slots only and 2x4gb memory inside