1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by nnimd, May 3, 2012.

1. nnimd New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys... I'm short on cash and my laptop has officially begun to crap out on me. Any recommendations on the best netbook on the market right now?

2. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    You're going to have to be a little more specific than that. Give us a budget to work with at the very least. ;)

3. nnimd New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sub $350, sorry! I'm just really overwhelmed with everything I own breaking at once. Hm, as far as specs, the more basic, the better. I can reuse my old Hannspree's RAM (2gb DDR3) and will mainly just be using this for school. I'll be running Ubuntu on it and hope to have >5hrs battery life.

And thanks, all!

4. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    You could give this a try: Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, L...

I'm personally using an AMD e-350-based 11.6" notebook. It's great and all, but the CPU is a little sluggish at times. It does output 1080P video smoothly to my monitor though, so I can look past the weak processor. The unit in the link above has a slightly stronger processor, but comes short in the graphics department. For your purposes, that might be negligible.

5. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
  6. Liquid Cool

Liquid Cool

Thanks Received:
    The 11z was all over the web for $299 up until a week ago when they started adding unneeded items into a bundle. A refurb DM1z might make a decent choice for $350 or under. I personally purchased a Dell Vostro 3450(Core i3/HD 3000) for a relative two weeks ago. I'd shop around at the Dell/HP/Lenovo outlets and find something that is at least a Core i3/HD 3000 if possible. It's a longer term solution that you should be quite happy with.

If you're looking for small and could swing another $50, a v131 would be a decent 13.3" option from the outlet. I've passed on a couple of them already so I know they get this low, you just have to monitor the site, they don't stay around long.

Best,

LC

7. Extremes

Extremes New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey Buddy !

i suggest U, this one http://www.msi.com/product/nb/U270.html :)
    i already using it :toast:

8. Stephen hot New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: May 11, 2012