• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laptop Undervolting - System default

MrPipa

I have an Asus K70AF laptop with AMD overdrive installed. I can under volt from 1.175V down all the way to 0.985V without problem, but when i restart the system it goes back to 1.175 OCCASIONALLY. The temperature drops with over 10 degrees Celsius because of the lower voltage so its quite important for me to be sure to have it all the time. I always have to check that its at 0.985V. I have crossed the option in overdrive to save last config and i have set 0.985V as default! Are my settings in overdrive somehow incorrect?

Because its a laptop I have no settings in BIOS (not even C´n´Q settings) so everything have to be made from windows. I googled around to see if there were other programs or some help with this but no luck so i posted here to see if anyone had some ideas about this. Perhaps there is a way to tell the whole system that 0.985V is the system default voltage and not 1.175V?

Thanks in advance.

CPU: 2.1Ghz @ 0.985V, AMD Athlon x2 M320
Win 7 Ultimate 64x
Asus K70AF

System Name Machine XV
Processor Dual Xeon E5 2670 V3 Turbo unlocked
Motherboard Kllisre X99 Dual
Cooling 120mm heatsink
Memory 64gb DDR4 ECC
Video Card(s) RX 480 4Gb
Storage 1Tb NVME SSD
Display(s) 19" + 23" + 17"
Case ATX
Audio Device(s) XFi xtreme USB
Power Supply 800W
Software Windows 10
The program I use is phenom msr tweaker. It works with phenom and phenom II based cpu's inc Athlon II. I used I to undervolt my x6