• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Laser vs Optical Mice 4 Gaming

LASER or OPTICAL MOUSE

• Total voters
System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Dippy, you may not but alot of people have reported interference with other wireless devices or in the case of my other room the power for that part of the house runs thru a panil on the main wall of the room, it interfears with wireless network,keyboards,mice,radio,cordless phone pretty much anything u can think of thats wireless it messes with the signal, move them to another room and bam problems cleared up(sux tho because that room otherwise is a PERFECT office....)

p.s. this is where the post from the sata thred was sposta be

so i will say it again

Sorry Dippyskoodlez for posting a link to a place i thought could help people you clearly think its spam, dispite a mod not agreeing after we talked, sorry for trying to be helpfull, i wont post links anymore since they offend you and some of the other forums dwellers here.

pps, is there an ignor function on this forum, if so feel free to put me on ignor if you dont like my posts(anybody/everybody who dosnt like how/what i post) please feel free to just ignor my excistance :)

Like I said, it was not a completely relevant suggestion. most people dont buy CRTs online simply because included shipping would just make an LCD that much more attractive. and probably cheaper.

However, owning 2 Logitech G7's, 4 different wireless networks, 3 2.4ghz phones, and air conditioners, I think i qualify stating theres little to no interference with 99% of cases. I can use my mouse from the next room and get a perfect strength signal. The big question is- if those users are using a G7, or a different wireless device. the G7 is NOT LIKE NORMAL WIRELESS DEVICES! YOU CANNOT COMPARE!

I have however, noticed jumping when the USB controller is incapable of handling the bandwidth- which is probably what most users are experiencing, not direct interference.

Your fine with me, quite helpful, especially with the immediate response to the "Monitor Hz". I don't think what you posted was spam either. If I liked a website, I would be posting it for everyone to see.

Theres a difference between relevant suggestions, and blatent advertising... ;)

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
I guess.;) But to me, in my Opinion, Spam is when someone posts a link to a website (selling products) when it is unrelated to the subject, or when they make their own thread to show the (r)e-tailer. But, I'm not going to argue with a fellow mod.;)

AshenSugar

Processor Athlon64 3500+(2.2gz)@2.94gz(3.03gz)
Motherboard Biostar Tforce550 (RMA) (m2n-sli delux)
Cooling PIB cooler
Memory 2gb ocz 533 +1gb samsung 533 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) x1900xtx 512mb+zalman vf900 cooler(kicks stock coolers arse)
Storage 80gb,200gb,250gb,160gb
Display(s) 20.1 in dell 2001fp + KDS visual sensations 19"
Case Codegen briza seirse
Audio Device(s) ADI SoundMax HD audio onboard,using Ket's driver pack
Power Supply FSP 400watt SAGA seirse w/noise killer
Software Windows 2003 ent server as workstation(kills xp in perf and stab)
Like I said, it was not a completely relevant suggestion. most people dont buy CRTs online simply because included shipping would just make an LCD that much more attractive. and probably cheaper.
clearly u cant read then, as the post said "many with free shiping" by free they mean totaly free u pay say 175 for a 21in trinitron gradeA monotor u get it for 175 shiped PERIOD, that makes them VERY attractive to people who want a good monotor but dont want to spend 300+ to get a decent lcd, lcd's still arent as good for gaming/movies as a good crt, the price is way to high for what u get.

However, owning 2 Logitech G7's, 4 different wireless networks, 3 2.4ghz phones, and air conditioners, I think i qualify stating theres little to no interference with 99% of cases. I can use my mouse from the next room and get a perfect strength signal. The big question is- if those users are using a G7, or a different wireless device. the G7 is NOT LIKE NORMAL WIRELESS DEVICES! YOU CANNOT COMPARE!

I have however, noticed jumping when the USB controller is incapable of handling the bandwidth- which is probably what most users are experiencing, not direct interference.
again YOU havent, i have seen it, it depends on what u got diffrent units interact diffrently, my buddys top end serverworks mobo has TRUE usb2.x (tested to be extreamy low latancy and high bandwith) and he had problems with his g7 and mx1000, turned out to be his bluetooth+cordless phone+pre-n wireless network all combine to cause problems, remove any 2 of them and it worked fine(weird i know but hey i told him to go bluetooth since he had it already...)

he swaped it in his office for a bluetooth mouse since due to the server location he would have needed to use a usb extender for the mouse(its in a rack mount on the wall about 9-10feet from his desk :p)
works fine now, his g7 is on his wifes rig on the far side and upper floor of the house(far from any of the phone stations or the pre-n router, tho it gets full pre-n speeds, pre-n kicks)

Theres a difference between relevant suggestions, and blatent advertising... ;)
yes there is, if i was blatant advertising i would have it in my sig or make threds about it constantly, i have 60 posts and all but 2 have no links to the site mentioned back a page, so i fail to see how im "blatnent advertising" and not giving "relevant suggestions" ?

your whole point of view seems based on the fact that most ppl dont want to pay to ship a crt, and i agree most dont, but had you READ the post or looked at the site you would have found that "free shiping" really is free shiping and thus they arent paying to ship a crt!

Last edited:
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
clearly u cant read then, as the post said "many with free shiping" by free they mean totaly free u pay say 175 for a 21in trinitron gradeA monotor u get it for 175 shiped PERIOD, that makes them VERY attractive to people who want a good monotor but dont want to spend 300+ to get a decent lcd, lcd's still arent as good for gaming/movies as a good crt, the price is way to high for what u get.

yes there is, if i was blatant advertising i would have it in my sig or make threds about it constantly, i have 60 posts and all but 2 have no links to the site mentioned back a page, so i fail to see how im "blatnent advertising" and not giving "relevant suggestions" ?

your whole point of view seems based on the fact that most ppl dont want to pay to ship a crt, and i agree most dont, but had you READ the post or looked at the site you would have found that "free shiping" really is free shiping and thus they arent paying to ship a crt!

If you would have read the thread, you would have seen its about mice, not monitors. If it were in some way shape or for relevant to mice, I wouldnt give a rats ass (haha I made a funny.. rat, mouse, etc?)....

Its also very rare that bluetooth would in interfere due to its frequency hopping nature :) (which infact, I use a bluetooth headset on my razr all the time without problems )

I guess.;) But to me, in my Opinion, Spam is when someone posts a link to a website (selling products) when it is unrelated to the subject, or when they make their own thread to show the (r)e-tailer. But, I'm not going to argue with a fellow mod.;)

A monitor website isnt relevant in a mouse discussion :laugh: How it would be, I dont have a clue..

AshenSugar

Cooling PIB cooler
A monitor website isnt relevant in a mouse discussion :laugh: How it would be, I dont have a clue..

not spam, sure its a mouse topic, but MANY times people post about stuff then talk about related stuff, u cant use a mouse without a monotor, and hell u mentioned montor first, so i guess ur spaming to :O

its a mouse topic so nothing else should be mentioned, at least thats how what your saying is comming off to me.
if im wrong about what you mean im sorry but its hard to tell when your saying "its a mouse topic not monotor" yet you where the first one i saw that listed an monotor($300 lcd i think it was)

aww to hell with it can we just get back to the topic?

and yes its weird, but as the tech teacher at the local college told us that combine signals can do weird things, cant remmber the term but its something like sympathetic frequincys or some crap, he got into technical crap that was so complex that i couldnt understand it, give me a pc and i can work wonders, give me crap like radiowaves and i is like FTW.

but it was annoing remove 2 devices using wireless and the mouse worked fine, or move the mouse to another part of the house so it wasnt so close to all the other devices and it was fine.

and bluetooth can kickass IF u have a good adapter that has wide range compat and software enterface, just wish they let you share internet with it, that would be easy as hell to setup with 19$ bluetooth cards, and more secure then wifi/802.11

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910

not spam, sure its a mouse topic, but MANY times people post about stuff then talk about related stuff, u cant use a mouse without a monotor, and hell u mentioned montor first, so i guess ur spaming to :O

You cant use a car without wheels, but I'm sure its perfectly acceptable to post a goodyear website for people talking about turbochargers? :rolleyes: If english is your first language, I really hope you arent serious...

its a mouse topic so nothing else should be mentioned, at least thats how what your saying is comming off to me.
if im wrong about what you mean im sorry but its hard to tell when your saying "its a mouse topic not monotor" yet you where the first one i saw that listed an monotor($300 lcd i think it was)
I listed it in comparison to what people think is too much for a mouse- seriously, wanna take it out of context more? learn to read.

and bluetooth can kickass IF u have a good adapter that has wide range compat and software enterface, just wish they let you share internet with it, that would be easy as hell to setup with 19$ bluetooth cards, and more secure then wifi/802.11
Trust me you don't want to share internet over it. Its like dial up. and yes, it is possible. Useless, however, due to the lack of range, and speed (3megabit theoretical..iirc).. you're better off with a second NIC and just sharing it via cord.. even more secure ;)

Last edited:

AshenSugar

Cooling PIB cooler
i got 5 systems in a small room, would be easy to share net using bluetooth, and it depends on the adapter, 2 of the ones i have are very fast, can move large files faster then with 10/100 wired.

wired also dosnt work to well with them not all on walls of the room, some are on my "island" in the middle of the room, very annoing to have to step over wires all the time, yes b4 u ask i have a power plug in the floor in the middle of that room, dont ask me why the orignal owner of this place did that but its perfect for my use.

as to the monotor thing, look at your context about why people dont buy crt's online, then look at what u complained about, sorry but u didnt read correctly, FREE SHIPING whos gonna complain about a 119$ 21in monotor with free shiping? so what if it takes it 5 days toget to you, so would ups ground or dhl(hate dhl's siggy policy.....pita)

and by default u cant share internet with bluetooth, u can use remote desktop or the like but thats not really "sharing the internet"
side not, most peoples dsl isnt any faster then 3mbit, and cable tho rated faster can be querky, i use to get 8+mbit at odd hours and 2.5-4.5mbit at peek times, sucked really.

not that it matters, main reasion i would want to share net it for easy/fast/simple way to get av/driver/bios updates on systems im working on :)

find a bluetooth adapter thats also a memory stick(they are avalable) the drivers are on the adapter/memstick :D havent found a wifi adapter like that yet.....want one tho :)

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
i got 5 systems in a small room, would be easy to share net using bluetooth, and it depends on the adapter, 2 of the ones i have are very fast, can move large files faster then with 10/100 wired.

Funny, because bluetooth 2.0 maxes out at 3mbit... :rolleyes:

(just fyi, 10/100 is 10/100 mbit.. aswell ;) )

I use my Microsoft basic optical mouse, I love it. Cheap, fits my hand nicely (perhaps my hand is misshapen?) and works jsut fine.
If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Of course, I'm not saying theres no difference, I bet there is. I just don't need more.

1Strive

System Name Back in Black
Processor AMD Opteron 180 @ 2.6GHz (Dual Core)
Motherboard Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Cooling All Antec Case Fans (3-speed and Quiet as they come.)
Memory 2GB DDR440MHz (Corsair XMS LED Series) 1GB x2 [Dual-Channel]
Video Card(s) 8800GTS G92 512mb (eVGA-745/1000) 9474 in 3Dmark06 at Defaults.
Storage 2 WD 74GB Raptors in RAID Zero for Vista. WD 250GB for XP and Storage
Display(s) Acer 22' widescreen. 1680x1050 res / 5ms
Case Antec Black Server Chassis / Logitec G7 Wireless-Laser Mouse
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Music w/ 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones
Power Supply Antec 500Watt ATX2.0 Modular
Software Vista Ultimate (64-bit) / Playing: Crysis in DX9 on XP @ 1680x1050 High with 30FPS
Benchmark Scores Over 9k in 3DMark06! That's better than 80% of all systems tested and logged according to 3Dmark's s
Dippy, you may not but alot of people have reported interference with other wireless devices or in the case of my other room the power for that part of the house runs thru a panil on the main wall of the room, it interfears with wireless network,keyboards,mice,radio,cordless phone pretty much anything u can think of thats wireless it messes with the signal, move them to another room and bam problems cleared up(sux tho because that room otherwise is a PERFECT office....)

p.s. this is where the post from the sata thred was sposta be

so i will say it again

Sorry Dippyskoodlez for posting a link to a place i thought could help people you clearly think its spam, dispite a mod not agreeing after we talked, sorry for trying to be helpfull, i wont post links anymore since they offend you and some of the other forums dwellers here.

pps, is there an ignor function on this forum, if so feel free to put me on ignor if you dont like my posts(anybody/everybody who dosnt like how/what i post) please feel free to just ignor my excistance :)

I went to lunch and came back to check my thread and this "CRAP" was all over it. A once helpful and meaningful thread has now been "HIGH JACKED" to make way for someone's personal Forum Problem. Please make your own thread to talk about how people here don't like you. You can even Quote the Great 1STRIVE.:pimp:

By the way don't bother responding to me I have used your suggestion of "Ignoring your Excistance" in my otherwise plesant TPU Forum Experience.

To others posting on this thread please stay on topic and Ignore AshenSugar's rants.:nutkick:

Thanks,
1STRIVE