• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Last Temp Thread lol (CPU)

Tipology

http://i44.tinypic.com/saw7c5.png

So the max temps at the bottom was around 2 hours of battlefield 3 the temps are dropping because i just came out of the game...Are these still safe gaming temps? idk what else i could possibly do but buy new thermal paste if their not.. I have a i5 3570k and CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ Than

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Absolutely fine, not even close to the TJMax(aka when your cpu starts to throttle).

If you're concerned perhaps add a second fan to your 212 :)

System Name H2o Box
Processor Intel(R) Xeon e5-2690 v2 Stock 3.300 GHz stock
Motherboard MSI X79A-G43 Plus (MS-7760) v3
Cooling CPU EK & Phobya G-Changer 360 V2.0 RAD H2o VGA "AlphaCool M18" Hybrid [pump replaced 18/8/21]
Memory G.Skill TridentX 16Gb 11-12-12-32 2T @ 1866Mhz [locked]
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP EXTREME
Storage HyperX Fury 120GB & Savage 480GB SSD, Seagate 250GB,250GB 7200rpm Kingston 64GB SSD
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG32VQR 2560*1440 165Hz VA Panel
Case Corsair O-800D
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Be Quiet! [Dark Power Pro 11] 1200W CM replaced [7-4-2017]
Mouse Zelotes T-90
Keyboard K66 Mechanical US Layout
Software Win 10 Pro 64Bit v 20H2 / OS [build 19043.1237] WFEP 120.2212.3530.0
Hi

77w i5 Ivy CPU; [*recommended] to keep it below 70°C at all times

Source - here CPU World

Source - here Intel Ark

atb (all the best)

Law-II

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Law-II: The Intel temperature spec you are quoting is called the tcase temperature. It can only be accurately measured by cutting a groove into the top of the CPU heatspreader with a Dremel or similar tool and then you need to run a thermocouple to the geometric center of the IHS and apply some solder to hold it in place. This specification is intended for system builders that are designing computers for the mass market. Intel does not expect individual users to purchase sophisticated equipment and hack up their new CPU just to make sure it is not getting too hot.

The whole purpose of that tcase spec is to make sure that during normal use the CPU will not reach the thermal throttling temperature. This insures that the CPU will be able to operate at its rated speed. What controls thermal throttling and thermal shutdown? Intel uses the core temperature data to control this and that is the number that RealTemp reports.

The RealTemp - Thermal Status area reports if the CPU is operating within the Intel spec or if the CPU is being forced to slow down due to thermal throttling. If RealTemp says OK, your CPU is OK and is within spec.

Even at 100C this CPU is still operating at its full Intel designed CPU and GPU speed. If this was hurting the CPU or GPU then I am sure that Intel would lower the thermal throttling temperature to prevent this from happening. They actually bumped the thermal throttling temperature up to 105C when they went from their 2nd Generation Sandy Bridge to their 3rd Generation Ivy Bridge CPUs so in my opinion, that shows a lot of confidence in their CPU's ability to operate 100% reliably at some very high temperatures.

If a CPU ever does get too hot, it will automatically slow down to protect against it being damaged. If something crazy happens like the CPU heatsink falls off, the CPU might reach the thermal shutdown temperature which means your computer will turn itself off. The thermal management technology that Intel uses is second to none. There is no reason to worry about your CPU's core temperature. Intel CPUs are smart enough to look after themselves.

Last edited: