• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

LEPA Introduces the MX-F1 Series and MaxGold 1000 W Power Supplies

LEPA introduces new power supplies: The MX-F1 series covers the entry-level segment of the manufacturer. Apart from that, LEPA extends the premium-class MaxGold series with the G1000-MB.

The N series represents the LEPA entry-level class. Since its market introduction in 2011, it has become the bestseller amongst all LEPA power supplies: With good quality components, a stable operation and an excellent price-performance ratio, the N series is a perfect choice for professional system building. With the new MX-F1 series, LEPA significantly upgrades the entry-level class - optically as well as technically.

Show full news post

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
For a second there I thought they were saying they made a 140mm deep 1kw power supply. Then I read it again and realized it was only up to 600w. Meh, more of the same.

Really wish there were more than 2/3 ('okay') options for shallow psus, and that we could see a slightly higher wattage than 600-650w. It would be nice to see something that size with decent efficiency that people know could reliably handle an overclocked system with a couple ~200-225w tdp gpus.

Just like the m-atx gpu thing, perhaps it is the part of me that just wants what's slightly past realistic, but that does seem to be where the $/perf lies (in cards like those) and I imagine we see a mini-boom in sli/xfire as the 4k revolution sets in. It would be nice if there were at least the possibility to make it happen in a small form factor.