• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lexar introduces 45MByte/s fast UDMA-CompactFlash Cards and -Readers

Bastieeeh

Processor Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
Motherboard Asus PCH-DL
Cooling Alphacool NexXxoS XP and Dual Laing
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) Sapphire X800XT
Storage 8x Hitachi 7K250 Raid 5 and 2x WD Raptor74GB Raid 0
Display(s) Eizo 21" FlexScan T966 CRT and S1910 LCD
Case Lian Li PC-V2100B
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Tagan 480W TG480-U01
Lexar introduces 45 MByte/s fast UDMA-CompactFlash Cards and -Readers

Fremont, CA , February 20, 2007 - Lexar, a leader in advanced digital media and accessories, today introduced Professional UDMA (Ultra Direct Memory Access) memory cards, the latest addition to the company's award-winning Professional line of high-performance cards and two new professional-grade flash memory card readers designed to deliver increased download speeds from the card to a computer.

Fremont, CA , February 20, 2007 - Lexar, a leader in advanced digital media and accessories, today introduced Professional UDMA (Ultra Direct Memory Access) memory cards, the latest addition to the company's award-winning Professional line of high-performance cards. When paired with a UDMA-enabled device, such as Lexar's new Professional FireWire 800 Reader, UDMA cards improve the professional photographer's digital imaging experience by reducing the time needed to download captured images to a destination computer. In addition, the benefits of Lexar Professional UDMA memory cards extend well beyond card-to-computer transfer rates, to improved in-camera performance in several UDMA-enabled digital camera backs and digital SLR cameras expected to be announced later this year. Speed-rated at 300x, or capable of a minimum sustained write speed of 45MB per second, and available in capacities of 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB, new Lexar Professional UDMA cards deliver a 125% performance improvement over Lexar's previous generation 133x CompactFlash product line when the card is used with a UDMA-enabled device.

"Professional photographers today capture a large volume of high-resolution images," said John Omvik, Director of Professional Product Marketing, Lexar. "Our new Professional UDMA 300x speed-rated cards dramatically improve the photographer's workflow by reducing the time needed to download images after a shoot. Working in conjunction with one of our new UDMA-enabled CompactFlash card readers, a photographer instantly benefits by having more time to capture, manage, and share his or her images."

"The positive impact I experienced was dramatic," said professional photographer Reed Hoffmann. "Shooting in RAW mode, I filled six Lexar Professional UDMA flash cards during a two-day shoot in Yosemite. The improvement in my working process was exceptional as I was able to spend half the usual time moving data from the cards to the computer. For me, this is particularly important when I am out in the field working from battery-powered laptops. That time savings helps conserve battery strength and enhances my ability to focus on other client projects," he added.

"UDMA technology can greatly assist professional photographers who have a serious interest in reducing administrative time and improving their digital imaging workflow," said Chris Chute, manager with IDC's digital imaging practice. "At the start of the process, improved in-camera performance will help professionals capture sought-after images much more quickly, while the faster download performance should improve the time needed to manage captured content."

Like all products in the Lexar Professional line, the new 300x speed-rated cards come with a limited lifetime warranty, free dedicated technical support, and a comprehensive suite of software that includes a full version of Corel Paint Shop Pro X, Lexar Image Rescue 3 and Lexar Backup n Sync . Lexar Professional 300x speed-rated flash memory cards will be available in April.

Fremont, CA , February 20, 2007 - Lexar, a leader in advanced digital media and accessories, today introduced two new professional-grade flash memory card readers designed to deliver increased download speeds from the card to a computer. One reader features a new and unique industrial design and is fully compatible with two new flash card interface standards: Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) CompactFlash , a high-performance flash memory protocol based on the CompactFlash form factor, and Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC ), a memory standard that supports capacities of 4GB and higher in the Secure Digital (SD ) form factor. The second reader is an upgrade to Lexar's already-existing stackable model that allows for concurrent download of information from multiple flash memory cards. Lexar's two latest card readers offer superior download speeds when working in conjunction with new Lexar Professional UDMA 300x CompactFlash and 133x SDHC flash memory cards.

"These latest card readers are incredible," said John Omvik, Director of Professional Product Marketing, Lexar. "I can now download an entire shoot from our new 300x Professional UDMA cards in half the time I could with our previous generation of products. This is a tremendous time savings, especially for sports shooters and other pros on a tight deadline. These readers are an absolute must-have accessory for any photographer that wants to get the most performance from his or her new 300x Professional UDMA cards."

Like its predecessor, the Professional UDMA FireWire 800 Reader has a unique stackable design and allows for concurrent download of images stored on multiple cards when up to four readers are daisy-chained together. The Professional UDMA FireWire 800 Reader is compatible with all CompactFlash (Type I and Type II), MicroDrives , and UDMA-enabled CompactFlash cards, including Lexar's recently introduced 300x speed-rated family. It ships with one 1-meter and one 18-centimeter FireWire 800 cables. The 18-cm cable is convenient when two or more readers are daisy-chained or when the reader is used with a laptop. The reader is also compatible with FireWire 400 devices when used with an optional FireWire 800-to-400 cable (sold separately).

Lexar's new high-performance Professional Dual-Slot Reader is USB 2.0-enabled and fully compatible with SD, SDHC, CompactFlash and UDMA-enabled CompactFlash memory cards. The unit's unique compact design makes it ideal for professionals working in-studio or on the road, and allows for both card slots to be accessed simultaneously.

The Professional UDMA FireWire 800 Reader will be available in April for the suggested retail price of $79.99, while the Professional Dual-Slot USB Reader will be available in June for the suggested retail price of $49.99. Both new flash memory card readers require Windows XP or later, or Mac OS 10.2.8 or higher.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
As a user of flash drives or thumb drives...this is very good news.

DBH

I just wish those cards didnt cost an arm and a leg otherwise I could have four in a RAID formation with some CF-IDE adapters... cheap RAM drive (provided you can get the cards on the cheap).

ex_reven

I just wish those cards didnt cost an arm and a leg otherwise I could have four in a RAID formation with some CF-IDE adapters... cheap RAM drive (provided you can get the cards on the cheap).

are these things even fast enough to be used as RAM?