• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li Lancool II

Darksaber

W1zzard's Sidekick
Staff member
System Name Core i7 Overclocked - Main Workstation
Processor Core i7 940 at 3.66 GHz
Motherboard Asus P6T Deluxe
Cooling Noktua U14P Super Silent
Memory 3x2GB OCZ 1600 MHz CL8
Video Card(s) 2x MSI Cyclone Radeon 6850 1GB in Crossfire - tuned to be silent
Storage G.Skill 240GB Sandforce SSD, 1x 640GB Samsung F1, 2x500GB Samsung Spinpoint, 1.5TB External Samsung
Display(s) Samsung 305T 30" 2560x1600 DVI LCD
Case Corsair Obsidian 800D
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X PCIe
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
The Lian Li Lancool II is, as the name implies, the second case under the Lancool family. Although a bit on the noisy side, it is a completely different enclosure than the first model, and manages to impress with its intricate design elements while remaining affordably priced and beautifully functional.

Show full review

Thanks for the review.

Question - wouldn't it be prefer to have some noise regulated thermal testing?
What if a case comes with incredibly high RPM fans, but you'd like to regulate its noise and RPM to a degree?
Wouldn't a case like that always score lowest in temperatures (best) and highest in noise?
What if a case like the Lancool II would be regulated into a certain amount of noise, and compered to others in the same method, so we can get a sense how how well the case and its included fans deal with heat at a certain noise condition? Otherwise, its going to be hard taking temperature data, noise data, and cross-reference them to get an idea of how efficient a case is in cooling.

Thanks

System Name Airflow Addiction
Processor Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz@1.331V
Motherboard ASUS Strix B350-F
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 8G*2 3000MHz CL16 @1.35V
Video Card(s) Almost broken Msi GTX1060 gaming vr x 6G
Case Fractal Design Meshify C with 1*A14 and 2*A12x25 in front.
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse logitech G102 with modded micro switchs
I wonder how effective those two 120mm fan mounts on the PSU shroud are.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) GTX 1070ti
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) 1080P
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) onboard :(
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Thats a COOL case :)

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.V
Processor Intel 8600k@4.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 16 Corsair Vengeance White LED DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC|Accelero Xtreme IV
Storage Samsung 970Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD Blue 1TB SSD|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) Asus PB278Q 27"
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1x140mm NF-P14s|1xCorsair ML120 Pro|4xML140 Pro}
Audio Device(s) 1080Ti to AVR {AVR:Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150}
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900/G502
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Thanks for the review.

What if a case comes with incredibly high RPM fans, but you'd like to regulate its noise and RPM to a degree?
Wouldn't a case like that always score lowest in temperatures (best) and highest in noise?
What if a case like the Lancool II would be regulated into a certain amount of noise, and compered to others in the same method, so we can get a sense how how well the case and its included fans deal with heat at a certain noise condition? Otherwise, its going to be hard taking temperature data, noise data, and cross-reference them to get an idea of how efficient a case is in cooling.

Thanks
I think Steve at GN does his thermal/airflow and noise tests with the fans set at 1000rpm for every case as standard then maybe plays around with the speeds right at the end out of curiosity. You need to set a baseline somewhere so you can build upon it.

Easily the best sub $100 case of all time imo.
Also that cable management metal piece when rotated for 180 deg. allows for installation of eatx boards. I think that's quite clever.

I think Steve at GN does his thermal/airflow and noise tests with the fans set at 1000rpm for every case as standard then maybe plays around with the speeds right at the end out of curiosity. You need to set a baseline somewhere so you can build upon it.
Its just that some cases don't deserve glory as being best performers if they use excessive amounts of effort to get there. Just like how i don't get why CPU coolers who perform better than the rest with crazy RPM and noise get glorified.

You can't brute force cooling efficiency and engineering with crazy fans, and its data that is rather hard to extrapolate with results regarding "out of box noise" and "out of box performance" compered to other cases.

This is exactly why case testing is great with having output noise regulated with the same hardware inside. It tells about its ability to dampen noise, to deal with heat. It tells alot about the engineering that went into the product. If cases can get away with crazy high RPM fans and still be regarded as best performers - that's bad

Thanks for the review.

Thanks
Good luck getting a response out of this author. Historically, it has been like pulling teeth. :(

It is great for tpu to start actually testing thermals and noise of the cases.long may it continue....

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Why not have the front fully vented?

It would be great to have another chart that uses high quality 3rd party fans to demonstrate a case’s maximum cooling potential. I mean who doesn’t swap out the crappy stocks fans amirite.

My only question, will the availability of the accessories (like the USB 3.2 cable) be as good as the availability of the base chassis?