• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li Lancool II

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Lian Li Lancool II is, as the name implies, the second case under the Lancool family. Although a bit on the noisy side, it is a completely different enclosure than the first model, and manages to impress with its intricate design elements while remaining affordably priced and beautifully functional.

Show full review

Thanks for the review.

Question - wouldn't it be prefer to have some noise regulated thermal testing?
What if a case comes with incredibly high RPM fans, but you'd like to regulate its noise and RPM to a degree?
Wouldn't a case like that always score lowest in temperatures (best) and highest in noise?
What if a case like the Lancool II would be regulated into a certain amount of noise, and compered to others in the same method, so we can get a sense how how well the case and its included fans deal with heat at a certain noise condition? Otherwise, its going to be hard taking temperature data, noise data, and cross-reference them to get an idea of how efficient a case is in cooling.

Thanks

Processor Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz@1.331V
Motherboard ASUS Strix B350-F
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 16G*2 3000MHz CL16 @1.35V
Video Card(s) Msi RTX 2070 Super Gaming Z Trio
Storage WD Blue 500G SSD*1 WD Black 2TB*1
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
Case Lian Li O11D XL
Audio Device(s) Edifier C3X
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse logitech G102 with modded micro switchs
Benchmark Scores Time Spy 9943
I wonder how effective those two 120mm fan mounts on the PSU shroud are.

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
Thats a COOL case :)

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Thanks for the review.

What if a case comes with incredibly high RPM fans, but you'd like to regulate its noise and RPM to a degree?
Wouldn't a case like that always score lowest in temperatures (best) and highest in noise?
What if a case like the Lancool II would be regulated into a certain amount of noise, and compered to others in the same method, so we can get a sense how how well the case and its included fans deal with heat at a certain noise condition? Otherwise, its going to be hard taking temperature data, noise data, and cross-reference them to get an idea of how efficient a case is in cooling.

Thanks

I think Steve at GN does his thermal/airflow and noise tests with the fans set at 1000rpm for every case as standard then maybe plays around with the speeds right at the end out of curiosity. You need to set a baseline somewhere so you can build upon it.

Easily the best sub $100 case of all time imo.
Also that cable management metal piece when rotated for 180 deg. allows for installation of eatx boards. I think that's quite clever.

I think Steve at GN does his thermal/airflow and noise tests with the fans set at 1000rpm for every case as standard then maybe plays around with the speeds right at the end out of curiosity. You need to set a baseline somewhere so you can build upon it.

Its just that some cases don't deserve glory as being best performers if they use excessive amounts of effort to get there. Just like how i don't get why CPU coolers who perform better than the rest with crazy RPM and noise get glorified.

You can't brute force cooling efficiency and engineering with crazy fans, and its data that is rather hard to extrapolate with results regarding "out of box noise" and "out of box performance" compered to other cases.

This is exactly why case testing is great with having output noise regulated with the same hardware inside. It tells about its ability to dampen noise, to deal with heat. It tells alot about the engineering that went into the product. If cases can get away with crazy high RPM fans and still be regarded as best performers - that's bad

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Thanks for the review.

Thanks
Good luck getting a response out of this author. Historically, it has been like pulling teeth. :(

It is great for tpu to start actually testing thermals and noise of the cases.long may it continue....

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Why not have the front fully vented?

It would be great to have another chart that uses high quality 3rd party fans to demonstrate a case’s maximum cooling potential. I mean who doesn’t swap out the crappy stocks fans amirite.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
My only question, will the availability of the accessories (like the USB 3.2 cable) be as good as the availability of the base chassis?

Thanks for the review.

Thanks
Honestly, dude, I'm happy enough that we're getting thermals and noise at all these days. This argument can wait for another day.