• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS/FT] Lian Li Pc-C33B HTPC/Server style case

shevanel

Selling to try and squeeze into an even smaller case.

Went from a Haf932 to this. I like this case but I'm bored and want to install into a new case to have that fresh feelin' lol..

I will clean it well before shipping, I keep my room as clean as possible but things tend to get dusty with the windows open.

I have the original box too which i'll ship it in.

If you have a case to trade me that is smalllllll but will fit a 5870, lets deal!

Newegg Link to case, and i did buy it from newegg iirc (well doninkansas helped lol)

It's a pricey case, but its super light and very roomy.

Please make offers, no reasonable offer refused.. will take cash + trade

componets not included, nor is the bottle or gum.. just for showing scale.

It's roomy!

Last edited:

t_ski

Former Staff
Heatware
869 0 0
System Name My i7 Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard Asus X99-A II
Cooling Nickel-plated EK Supremacy EVO, D5 with XSPC Bayres & BIX Quad Radiator
Memory 4 x 8GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SuperClocked
Storage Samsung 950 Pro 256GB m.2 SSD + 480GB Sandisk storage SSD
Display(s) Three Asus 24" VW246H LCD's
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
You need an ATX case or mATX?

shevanel

Was looking for a super small matx that would be ultra portable and make my 5870 feel a little smothered.. lol

t_ski

Former Staff
Heatware
869 0 0
System Name My i7 Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard Asus X99-A II
Cooling Nickel-plated EK Supremacy EVO, D5 with XSPC Bayres & BIX Quad Radiator
Memory 4 x 8GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SuperClocked
Storage Samsung 950 Pro 256GB m.2 SSD + 480GB Sandisk storage SSD
Display(s) Three Asus 24" VW246H LCD's
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Heatware
1 0 0

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
Heatware
14 0 0
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
loving the Extra mints XD

BUCK NASTY

4P Enthusiust
Heatware
21 0 0
System Name Main Rig
Processor AMD FX-4130 @ 4.8Ghz
Motherboard ASUS M5A99X Evo
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB GSkill DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Strix @ 1503Mhz Core
Storage Corsair Force 90gb SSD/ WD Caviar Blue 750gb
Display(s) ASUS 24" IPS
Case Coolermaster Centurion 590
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec TP750 80+
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Yhpm

shevanel

Heatware
1 0 0
what do you know about the Sg02 ?

on the sg01 you say remove the hdd bays? what if I have 3.5" hdd's?

I've built about 6 gaming rigs based on SUGO chassis with HD4870, GTX 260 etc... (SG01, 02... all use the same basic SUGO layout inside)

HDD bay is a removable compartment which holds two 3.5 inch. A HD 5870 can be installed with its HDD bay installed, but wiring can be pretty messy and tight. On my builds, I removed the compartment to free space as well as for air flow. The HDD compartment has a 80mm fan on it. You have to absolutely remove it to fit a long card.

If you do insist on using 3.5 inch HDDs, there are ways. If you are using just one, you could just get a 3.5 inch to 5.25 inch adapter. If you are using two, I guess the only way is to put the HDD compartment back in.

Personally though, I ditched using 3.5 inch HDD for many years except for my NAS rig where storage counts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...3017&cm_re=HDD_bay_2.5-_-17-993-017-_-Product

Something like that works wonders.

SG03 and 04 are also good choices and have much better cooling and do allow you to install two 3.5 inch HDDs without removing anything as welll as HD 5870. But I didn't like tower style.

Last edited:

shevanel

i recently purchased two 3.5" samsung F3 for raid0 so id like to figure out a solution to keep everything but my motherboard... i know i must get a MATX.

I appreciate your input and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated to put me on the right track on putting my gear in the smallest case possible while still having it practical

Heatware
1 0 0
i recently purchased two 3.5" samsung F3 for raid0 so id like to figure out a solution to keep everything but my motherboard... i know i must get a MATX.

I appreciate your input and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated to put me on the right track on putting my gear in the smallest case possible while still having it practical

If you want to have any chances for OCing, that SUGO case is as small as you should go. Since you want to keep your HDD, I'd suggest SGO3 or SG04. Mind you that there are other suitable cases, but its build qualities are quite cheap, not to mention that their build material is mostly plastic outside.

But since I did not care for OCing, I went for mini-itx builds. (i5-750-eos link will take you to my build log.)

Going small is fun. And trying to maintain the performance level of a full ATX build is even more fun. It took me lots of trials and errors to make my mini-itx with I5-750 and HD 5770 quiet. (Also wasted nearly 100 CAD just for various heatsinks, and 150 CAD for trying out with a different style mini-itx board.)

shevanel

eH I might stay away from the sugo series then if theyre plasticy and cheap.

the lian li up above looks cool but I have to do some reading on it tomorrow.

about to get the kid ready for bed and it's been a long day so sleep should come easy tonight for me as well.

Heatware
1 0 0
No, silverstone cases are of good quality. I said that there are other suitable cases not by Silverstone that are cheap qualities.

Anyhow, good night for ya.

P.S. If you are willing to spend 300 bucks, there is a SFF (Small Form Factor) case I can recommend. :eek:

Heatware
105 0 0
System Name addiction
Processor i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz 1.19v
Motherboard EVGA X58 SLI
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory 3 x 2 GB 1600 mhz OCZ Ram
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 280 supeclocked
Storage WD Black 750 GB
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
man if i wasn't going to Kuwait I would buy this! bump

shevanel

Aw, the price dropped. It was initially released for 330 USD at the time of lunch.

It seems out of stock at FrozenCPU though. You should be able to find it from somewhere else.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...TX_Liquid_Cool-able_Case_Q201.html?tl=g1c7s29

I've personally owned it. A hell of case with lots of rooms to work with.

I really like that case. Do you have any pics of the one you have?

Is the case easy to open on a daily basis to run open aired for hot gaming days?

what do you like most about it?

I watched a video on the tube about it.. was a full install.. really makes me wanna try it but it's pricey. Would love to score a second hand Qmicra..

Last edited:
Heatware
1 0 0
I really like that case. Do you have any pics of the one you have?

Is the case easy to open on a daily basis to run open aired for hot gaming days?

what do you like most about it?

I have rev 1. The one from the link is rev 2.

From looking at the screenshots, I don't see any physical differences though. I see that they powercoated aluminum components and that's it.

The case doesn't need to be open. It is well ventilated.

Well, it's big but 1/2 size of a mid-ATX tower. About 1/3 bigger than SUGO cases. Twice bigger than my current mini-itx case.

The case has a very unique method of opening the case. You have to unscrew the bottom rubber feet. You don't have to completely unscrew it, just a little so that the case plate can be removed.

Pros

1. Very large space to work with. Can fit most of high-end coolers. At the same time, it maintains its small form factor.
2. Three 5.25 bays. And four internal 3.25 HDDs compartment. This case can be water cooled if you plan it good enough.
3. 120mm fan on back.

Cons

1. Questionable build quality. I mean it's built well, but some parts of the case are not well crafted. It's nothing major and may have been corrected in rev 2.
2. Not sure if this is con, but as I mentioned, it has a weird method to open the casing.
3. Probably the largest SFF (Small Form Factor) case.

I still have the case somewhere in the basement storage room. I think it's behind my rackmount chassises though. Those chassies are freaking damn heavy to move around.

shevanel

You have one you are not using and you're not trying to sell it too me :D ??

I watched how he put the case cover on.. it kind wrapped over the chassis and snapped into the bottom..

When confuses me is why no one ever puts handles on these things.. would be nice if someone would make a travel bag for these things..

so the sugo case? would you say it's worth it even though it's a fairly inexspensive case?

also, do you know what the smallest case would be to fit an ATX board?

This case is awesome... discontinued though.. i would love to have one like this http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-vf1000bws-lanbox-case-black.html

This case http://www.xoxide.com/apevia-xqpack2-window-red.html looks cool but i have to read to see if a 5870 would fit... it even has a handle!

It will fit, i found this handy TPu thread from google.. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=106242

Last edited:
Heatware
1 0 0
You have one you are not using and you're not trying to sell it too me :D ??

I watched how he put the case cover on.. it kind wrapped over the chassis and snapped into the bottom..

When confuses me is why no one ever puts handles on these things.. would be nice if someone would make a travel bag for these things..

so the sugo case? would you say it's worth it even though it's a fairly inexspensive case?

also, do you know what the smallest case would be to fit an ATX board?

I will take some pictures of the case in the evening. Me @ work at the moment. God, I am gonna get a workout tonight. I have like 12 rackmount cases in there.

For *smaller* cases that fit ATX, I can recommend one.

Lian Li Classic Series PC-A05NB.
( http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...05NB_Black_Mini_Tower_Case.html?tl=g1c295s740 )

It is about 20 ~ 30 % smaller than regular mid tower.

As for handles, the Qmicra has handles. As for selling it, dude, I live in Canada and getting a box big enough for one of those things is hard. Shipping it is gonna be harder. I'd rather not bother unless you are willing to pay for my troubles.

SUGO case is good. But, if you can, find earlier versions of SUGO cases which come with aluminum internal constructions. Recent versions are with steel constructions. I've got like 4 SUGO cases left in my basement, lol.

Antec Mini P180 (Google it) is also a good case for mATX.

This case is awesome... discontinued though.. i would love to have one like this http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-vf1000bws-lanbox-case-black.html

This case http://www.xoxide.com/apevia-xqpack2-window-red.html looks cool but i have to read to see if a 5870 would fit... it even has a handle!

Dude, you edited your post while I am making a reply !
Well, I tried out both of the cases. Neither of them are any better than SUGO and their built qualities are cheaper. Thermaltake one is very heavy and hard to work with. Apevia is very cheaply built, but internal is easier to work with compared to the Thermaltake one.

Last edited:

shevanel

Very helpful.. thanks alot man. you have no idea how much i value your feedback here.

now I need to start looking into good P55 MaTX motherboards

Heatware
1 0 0
SUGO 01, rev 1 with full aluminum construction.

Here are a bit more for size comparison.
I wanted to take another picture with a full server tower, but I am beat.

shevanel

Wow dude, im grateful you took time to post these pics! Thanks so much.

I have no idea which one to choose, they all seem good.