• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li PC-O11 WGX ROG V2 Case, Prototype Liquid Cooler, and More at CES 2019

crazyeyesreaper

Chief Broken Rig
Staff member
At CES 2019 we had the opportunity to look at Lian Li's revised PC-O11 Dynamic ROG V2 case which sees numerous improvements compared to previous iterations. It offers a tool-less quick release for all side panels along with improved radiator installation thanks to changed made to the bottom fan mount. Installing a GPU vertically is now a possibility with Lian Li going a step further by also including a seamless anti-sag bracket for stable GPU mounting. Even the dust filters have seen upgrades with the bottom fan filter now being equipped with a plastic frame for increased stability and better usability.

Enthusiasts will be happy to see improved water cooling capabilities with all radiator locations now capable of fitting thicker radiators. They also improved support allowing for the use of up to 360 mm radiator options as well. Those not interested in water cooling can instead use an included plate for more storage space while also hiding the side fan mounts. Overall it is a larger more luxurious case that has seen numerous improvements.

Other cases at the show including the TU150 which is a Mini-ITX focused mini tower that features a built-in hidden handle making it a multifunctional design. It is not only compact but easy to move with enough interior space to handle CPU coolers up to 175 mm in height. As configured during our visit it had a PWM fan hub with extra space under the top panel for hiding various cables. Front panel I/O consisted of the typical microphone and headphone jacks alongside 2x USB 3.0 ports. For extra looks, it also has a tempered glass side panel.

Nearby they also had a setup of three Bora Lite Digital series 120 mm PWM fans. These ARGB illuminated fans come in silver, or black frames which are made of CNC milled anodized aluminum. Illumination is handled by 12 RGB LEDs that not only illuminate the hub but make use of surface reflection via the aluminum frames. Bore Lite Digital fans also have support for ASUS AURA Sync, MSI Mystic Light Sync, ASRock Polychrome Sync and Gigabyte RGB Fusion meaning they do not require a specialized hub to be used.

When it comes to all-in-one liquid coolers, multiple vendors have experimented in moving the pump in recent years, and in this regard Lian Li is no different. Their latest design utilizes a radiator mounted pump which looking at the model on display makes a lot of sense. Once the fans are mounted the designs thickness remains the same while the overall length of the radiator sees only a minor increase. This results in a clean looking unit that doesn't suffer the same odd looks seen on liquid coolers with tubing mounted pumps. Of course, no product is complete these days without RGB LEDs, and this latest prototype is no different with the pump featuring a boldly illuminated ring on top. That said, the design as shown is not final, and as such is subject to change.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Volt
Processor i7-4790k
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4x8GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 250GB SSD / 2x1TB + 2x2TB HDD
Display(s) 3x AOC 2425W + ViewSonic VA2855Smh
Case Nanoxia Deep Silence 6
Audio Device(s) LucidSound LS30
Power Supply Rosewill Fortress 750w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard G.Skill KM780 RGB (Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Professional
Benchmark Scores Technical term is PEBCAK issue, which stands for Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard
I love that little ITX case.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor 2600K @ 4.4Ghz / Dual Xeon 5675's 3.33GHz 12c/24t
Motherboard Sabertooth Z77 / GA-7TESM
Cooling Deepcool Assassin - 3 Fans / Custom
Memory 4x4GB 2133 MHz G.Skill Dual Channel / 6x4GB 1333MHz Samsung Hexa Channel
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 980 SC / Asus Strix 980ti
Storage Various SSD/HD
Display(s) Samsung 23' 2048x1152
Case Sunbeam Transformer Silver / Matrexx 55
Audio Device(s) SB X-fi on all systems
Power Supply Corsair TX 650w / Evga NEX 750B
Mouse Alienware AW558 @ 5000 DPI
Keyboard Asus KB34211
Software XP64/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
System Name PussySlayer
Processor Intel Core i7 4770
Motherboard Asrock Z87E-ITX
Cooling Some crappy Silverstone ITX Cooler
Memory 2x8GB Gskill RipjawsX 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage 1x500gb Crucial SSD
Display(s) BenQ 24" 1080P
Case Couger QBX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 650W EVGA BR
Software Windows 10 64bit Pro
System Name Evil Midget
Processor i3-6100
Motherboard MSI B150I PRO AC
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i
Memory 2x8GB Kinkston HyperX DDR4-2133 CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1060 SC 6G
Storage Samsung XP941, Sandisk X400 512GB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case LianLi Q11B
Audio Device(s) Int.
Power Supply SeaSonic 450W 80+ GOLD
Mouse Logitech G503
Keyboard Zalman K500 modded (Gateron brown)
Software Windows 10
Why cant they make non tower ITX cases?
Probably due to making good money as an OEM for other enthusiast-oriented "manufacturers" like DAN, NCase etc.
And probably cause they already have a good portfolio of horizontal desktop/HTPC cases.

System Name PussySlayer
Processor Intel Core i7 4770
Motherboard Asrock Z87E-ITX
Cooling Some crappy Silverstone ITX Cooler
Memory 2x8GB Gskill RipjawsX 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage 1x500gb Crucial SSD
Display(s) BenQ 24" 1080P
Case Couger QBX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 650W EVGA BR
Software Windows 10 64bit Pro
Probably due to making good money as an OEM for other enthusiast-oriented "manufacturers" like DAN, NCase etc.
And probably cause they already have a good portfolio of horizontal desktop/HTPC cases.
Not in Canada no. Only Fractal Design Node 202 and the Silverstone.

I don't.

Its another tower ITX. Why cant they make non tower ITX cases?
look at the Loque Ghost S1 MkII, which is what I am using in my upcoming (end of this year/early next year), with either an AMD or Intel 16c/32t CPU and Nvidia GPU (AMD if anyone brings out a comparable AIO GPU like the Aorus 2080 ti xtreme waterforce)
bit expensive for a case (€300 for the case and two tophats)

What would be the anticipated release time frame of this case? The ROG v2 of the Dynamic 011 case? I have the current version, however it is too tight to get a radiator in the front / side and also the bottom so this new one looks very appealing to me.

Thanks!