• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li PC-O11 WGX ROG V2 Case, Prototype Liquid Cooler, and More at CES 2019

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
At CES 2019 we had the opportunity to look at Lian Li's revised PC-O11 Dynamic ROG V2 case which sees numerous improvements compared to previous iterations. It offers a tool-less quick release for all side panels along with improved radiator installation thanks to changed made to the bottom fan mount. Installing a GPU vertically is now a possibility with Lian Li going a step further by also including a seamless anti-sag bracket for stable GPU mounting. Even the dust filters have seen upgrades with the bottom fan filter now being equipped with a plastic frame for increased stability and better usability.

Enthusiasts will be happy to see improved water cooling capabilities with all radiator locations now capable of fitting thicker radiators. They also improved support allowing for the use of up to 360 mm radiator options as well. Those not interested in water cooling can instead use an included plate for more storage space while also hiding the side fan mounts. Overall it is a larger more luxurious case that has seen numerous improvements.

Other cases at the show including the TU150 which is a Mini-ITX focused mini tower that features a built-in hidden handle making it a multifunctional design. It is not only compact but easy to move with enough interior space to handle CPU coolers up to 175 mm in height. As configured during our visit it had a PWM fan hub with extra space under the top panel for hiding various cables. Front panel I/O consisted of the typical microphone and headphone jacks alongside 2x USB 3.0 ports. For extra looks, it also has a tempered glass side panel.

Nearby they also had a setup of three Bora Lite Digital series 120 mm PWM fans. These ARGB illuminated fans come in silver, or black frames which are made of CNC milled anodized aluminum. Illumination is handled by 12 RGB LEDs that not only illuminate the hub but make use of surface reflection via the aluminum frames. Bore Lite Digital fans also have support for ASUS AURA Sync, MSI Mystic Light Sync, ASRock Polychrome Sync and Gigabyte RGB Fusion meaning they do not require a specialized hub to be used.

When it comes to all-in-one liquid coolers, multiple vendors have experimented in moving the pump in recent years, and in this regard Lian Li is no different. Their latest design utilizes a radiator mounted pump which looking at the model on display makes a lot of sense. Once the fans are mounted the designs thickness remains the same while the overall length of the radiator sees only a minor increase. This results in a clean looking unit that doesn't suffer the same odd looks seen on liquid coolers with tubing mounted pumps. Of course, no product is complete these days without RGB LEDs, and this latest prototype is no different with the pump featuring a boldly illuminated ring on top. That said, the design as shown is not final, and as such is subject to change.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
I love that little ITX case.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Why cant they make non tower ITX cases?
Probably due to making good money as an OEM for other enthusiast-oriented "manufacturers" like DAN, NCase etc.
And probably cause they already have a good portfolio of horizontal desktop/HTPC cases.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
Probably due to making good money as an OEM for other enthusiast-oriented "manufacturers" like DAN, NCase etc.
And probably cause they already have a good portfolio of horizontal desktop/HTPC cases.

Not in Canada no. Only Fractal Design Node 202 and the Silverstone.

I don't.

Its another tower ITX. Why cant they make non tower ITX cases?

look at the Loque Ghost S1 MkII, which is what I am using in my upcoming (end of this year/early next year), with either an AMD or Intel 16c/32t CPU and Nvidia GPU (AMD if anyone brings out a comparable AIO GPU like the Aorus 2080 ti xtreme waterforce)
bit expensive for a case (€300 for the case and two tophats)

What would be the anticipated release time frame of this case? The ROG v2 of the Dynamic 011 case? I have the current version, however it is too tight to get a radiator in the front / side and also the bottom so this new one looks very appealing to me.

Thanks!