• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li TU150

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Lian Li TU150 is a fresh take on the TU100 and TU200 portable cases. Gone is the flight-case inspired design and purely functional yet ugly handle up top. Instead, the TU150 offers a sleek outer shell, beautiful glass side panel and an extremely well-built, recessed handle.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Always liked Lian Li cases for sure. Thanks for the review.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix B450-I
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock TF 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800
Storage 480GB MyDigitalSSD NVME
Display(s) AOC CU34G2X
Power Supply 850w
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 5
Looks nice, though seems bigger than necessary for something with a handle. Doesn't hold much different than an ncase m1 but it's much larger.

When you make a case that's almost double in volume to other cases and them having 240 CLC support and not this.it just brings the product down sure there is some good things about this case but no thanks.

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
Being an air cooling focus case, 1x120 front intake isn't enough, should make it 140.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
I like this case. Will probably use it for the next build.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
That power supply placement seems a little odd. They put glass on the side of the case forcing you to display all of your wiring? This seems like an oversight...

I like these small form factor cases with handles...I bought one from Sneeky a few years back and it turned out to be the best SFF I've ever owned.

I saw a video about this one awhile ago and it was definitely on the "short list" until I saw the install photos.

I guess the hunt continues!

Best,

Liquid Cool

Indy Bill

this case is not just a mini ITX or mini DTX but it is also a DTX case, which is going to replace micro size. I have this case and the m 1, and the m 1 will not hold a DTX board, and the M1 may require half height fans in the bottom for the impaque board

Looks nice, though seems bigger than necessary for something with a handle. Doesn't hold much different than an ncase m1 but it's much larger.
Wrong, it can hold a DTX boarrd, which I suspect will be 1.3 inches longer than a mini DTX board

The lack of 2, 140 fans is not only a negative for air cooling, but also for water cooling. On the plus side this handle is awesome, when it slides down, it will not rattle, held in place by a magnet.

That power supply placement seems a little odd. They put glass on the side of the case forcing you to display all of your wiring? This seems like an oversight...

I like these small form factor cases with handles...I bought one from Sneeky a few years back and it turned out to be the best SFF I've ever owned.

I saw a video about this one awhile ago and it was definitely on the "short list" until I saw the install photos.

I guess the hunt continues!

Best,

Liquid Cool
you missed the part about the glass being balck at the top to hide those wires

I like this case. Will probably use it for the next build.
Well my view, this is the ITX case of the year. I bought the m 1 case a month earlier, and now have both in my posession. Tghis case should accomadate a triple blower, the m 1 does not. Would love to see the m 1 add this handle to version 7. The m 1 is probley a little better case, but it cost 210 plus a lot for shipping. One niffty feature on the m 1, it has a rubber piece in the back that allows a user to take the type c connector and plug it into the back. granted not actuaally tried a triple in the tu 250 yet, waiting ont he impaque, back orderred.

n13L5

I do love Lian Li for their quality of manufacturing.

But it took them forever to stop wasting space in their small form factor cases... Lets face it, Silverstone cases are crap quality and heavy to boot, due to their use of cheap steel.
But they designed many layouts that were exemplary and smart. You could fit all you needed for a gaming machine into half the space Lian Li required. For Years! I contacted them sometime between 2012 and 2014 with diagrams, telling them they were forcing my hand to buy elsewhere by not making efficient interior layouts. Not to forget the horror of mounting the PSU above the CPU/Mainboard! So if you needed to get to the main-board for any reason, you had to remove the PSU every time! What a cruel joke...

The TU100 mentioned in the review should have been a DAN A4 with a handle, long before Dan designed the A4.

The reviewed TU150 is basically a slightly larger M-One case.

I have all these cases here. Dan's A4 allowed me to ditch all those gaming laptops that turn to shit every 2 Years. And the M-One does an awesome job for home and office systems. But both are for people who don't mind the money...

So it took Lian Li till 2019 to get with the program, but I'll be the first to say they did it really really well and for barely over 100 Euro, that case is a DEAL!

The layout is nearly the same as the M1. But it gives you a little more space around the edges to put cables than the M One does.
Slightly bigger but not much and a lil more comfy for fitting fans and coolers. Works for me, I have one on order.