• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LiveWires T1 Custom IEMs

LiveWires T1 is the name of some new custom earphones that cost about half of its main rivals. They are built exactly to fit your ear with additional customization options like colors. These in-ears use two balanced armatures and play in a completely different league compared to whats usually available in this price segment.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
earphones.... more expensive earphones... :)

is some one fron TECHPOWERUP TEAM mad about earphones? or is in a quest for the ... super earphones?

I say that because I see more test/reviews with earphones, also more earphones are very expensive, like 300$, this is to many money for one set of earphones.

I also know the ~ 80% from total of the users on techpowerup site are from US and UK, so is possible to have a higher income :) comparatively with the rest of the users :). So why the techpowerup team don't test/review more common earphones like the products from Sony Ericsson, Altec Lansting or Ipod/Iphone.

HeadphoneAddict

I agree 100% with the review. Great job!

My first review (before I had a re-fit done): HeadphoneAddict LW review Part 1
Followup on that Review: HeadphoneAddict LW review Part 2
Conclusion: HeadphoneAddict LW review Part 3

For adrianx, here are some posts and or comparisons that I've made about Livewires vs more common earphones, including Super.fi 5 pro, Denon C700, Etymotic ER6i, Shure SE530, Triple.fi 10 Pro - all of which I feel the Livewires are superior to:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/livewires-california-dreamin-259853/index17.html#post3459966
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/livewires-california-dreamin-259853/index23.html#post3534843
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/livewires-california-dreamin-259853/index31.html#post3647949
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/livewires-me-story-review-269190/#post3426156
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/livewires-me-story-review-269190/#post3426176
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/my...ple-fi-review-274121/index10.html#post3601397

System Name Blue Monolith (working on name)
Processor AMD Phenom II 1090T... on H2O
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7
Cooling EK-Supreme with 2 radiators for the moment ~ 22 celsius
Memory Kingston HyperX 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 KHX1600C8D3K2
Video Card(s) hd 6870 Sapphire 1GB
Storage 8x 500GB Seagate Barracuda on LSI controller
Display(s) Samsung 206BW
Case Aplus Black Pearl WCR with water cooling mounts :)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Platinum Fatal1ty Champion
Power Supply Gigabyte ODIN GT-800 (that with software)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores WORKING IN PROGRESS P10464 in VANTAGE(this is the old score)
headphoneaddict....

man I dont contest the quality or the characteristics of the this earphones...

I simply say that cost of this earphones are big really big.

I also I'm not a big fun of earphones, I use earphones were I cannot use normal speakers, like when I use subway or train to travel, or on a bike. At home or same time at work (not all the time :) ) I use speakers.

Last edited:

jbunch07

Processor i5-2500k
Motherboard ASRock z68 pro3-m
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory Kingston HyperX 8GB 2 x 4GB 1600mhz
Storage OCZ Agility3 60GB(boot) 2x320GB Raid0(storage)
Display(s) Samsung 24" 1920x1200
Case Custom
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling 750w
Software Win 7 x64
nice review ill have to show these to my brother-in-law we have been looking for some good quality IEM's

are these also good for your guitar cause on stage my amp is REALLY loud and i want to use good sealing earphones but i still want the good sound of my amp cause standing in front of my amp is painfull to your ears.

If you have a wireless receiver for stage use then yes. It sounds to me as though you just need a good pair of ear plugs to reduce the sound pressure. BTW you should definitely check out this site: www.heartechnologies.com they have a lot of stage equipment.

Last edited:

kelly

Live Wires Dual Driver Custom in ear

The earphones are great. I love them. The service offered by the company has been horrendous. My cables went bad. I contacted the company. They told me they would send replacements "this morning" (it was within the warranty period). No cables.

I contacted them again and finally reached a person after leaving messages and emails. They assured me new cables would go out the next day. No cables. I called again. They told me the cables went out a couple of days ago. 11 days later, no cables.

I've tried contacting them again. No luck so far. I will update this review when my problem is resolved. In the meantime I have no working earphones.

There are other companies that sell the same product. I don't know if they are any better, but at this point, they couldn't be worse.