1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech G15 (rev.2) gaming keyboards problem with sleep mode in windows

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Rado D, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Hey friends I have this issue with my new Logitech G15 rev.2 gaming keyboard..owerall Im really happy with it,though they could be done some improvements on it...but lets get back to the point.when I put my computer into sleep mode and then wake it up,the keyboard doesnt recover from the sleep mode correctly.First off all,some keys are not working anymore at all.none of the macro M keys.the volume control keys and media player keys are also not responding.also the display is only showing the big G15 logo but I cant do any changes to it at all..this is extremely irritating as you would expect from a £65+ keyboard not to have such issues..Of course next time the computer is switched on everything works fine,so I could live with this until next restart.but once again its an expensive kit and I want it to work properly!!I use sleep quite often.
    since I always got help here the quickest,I decided to post here prior to contacting logitech tech. support.

2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    hi, that looks seriously bad... never had a problem like that in 5? years of G15 usage... In the best of the cases, it is a driver madness: uninstall with a deep uninstaller like Revo, and reinstall...
    Also check old unused keyboard drivers... etc... Good luck

3. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    wierd.. i had my G15 for 13 months and never had any problems with it.. it does sound like a driver issue.

4. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I had similar problems, except both keyboard and mouse would freeze, when I had both Setpoint and the G-Series key profiler starting up. I got rid of Setpoint altogether, which kind of sucks for button binding but I don't use it much, and only launch the key profiler when I need the macros. Fixed my freeze problems.

5. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys I've just returned from work and will try to sort out something.
    What driver or software package are you using?I went on the logitech website and for the G15 there was only one available to download so I did.Its the Logitech gaming software 7.00.291

Also Id like to ask you if you could check the mouse in your device manager,cos weirdly enough,it seems like this keyboard doesnt even have a system driver.In my device manager it just appears as a generic HID - compiant mouse.so even the official software package did not instal any system driver for it.its really weird cos my previous logitech keyboard + mouse kit had its system drivers.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Aaaah,mistery solved,it was a software issue.In this case it seems like the Logitech gaming software is inapropriate (funny that they are offering it on their product software update page)..so I've uninstalled it and instead I installed those from the provided driver disk,Logitech LCD Manager and G-Series Profiler,then run the update to make sure I had the latest,then put my computer into sleep,woke it up and vuala,everything works like charms :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, there are many complaints in Logitech forums related to version 7 of the gaming hardware software, but here it is working well (with SantaClaus's G19 :)

Good to hear it is solved.

7. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    Oh,sorry it was rather unfair from me to put it in general,before I would comfirm that this version of the software does have some issues with other models than my G15 rev.2.,so lets narrow it down to that :) Im so glad it was sloved pretty quickly in my case..someone would probably tell me that why on earth didnt I install the drivers from supplied dvd in first place.so I wouldnt need to even start this thread.but you all know how it is with the drivers dvd disk provided with any kind of your components.they are simply always several months,year or even two outdated...so in this case blame logitech :) cos how could i know that the piece of software they are offering to download for my G15 will cause such trouble..