• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech has gone mad!

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
So I just tried to get an RMA for my less than two year old G602 wireless gaming mouse. The left mouse button keeps missing clicks, randomly letting go during drags and what not. Obviously the switch is going bad.

The Logitech rep wanted me to create a video of troubleshooting the mouse to get an RMA! Yeah, make a video for them to honor their warranty! I have never seen anything so asinine in my entire life. It's bad enough I wasted half an hour of my life waiting to talk to a support rep. Then he sends me the instructions. Like 20 steps long and ends at a website that tests double clicks. I told them different batteries and tested on a different PC with same result. Nope they will only do an RMA with a video of the mouse malfunctioning.

I'm done, never buying another Logitech product ever again! I wonder how long they've been doing this. Has anyone else run into this with them?

SL2

IMO, they've been very generous with RMA's in the past, maybe that's something that customers have taken advantage of.
Like people giving away their mouse and then call Logitech to get a new one, or lost the mouse while using it with a laptop away from home.
I wonder how many tons of laptop chargers/headsets/mice etc that gets left behind every year..

Since they probably won't ask you to send the old one back, they just need you to prove that it's broken. Sad but true.
Is it really that much of a trouble to film the mouse while using it?

Yep, it's definitely a bad switch if it works fine otherwise (tracks smoothly). I threw out a mouse just last week that had the exact same symptoms and it had also been used for a few years. It's not really of concern in my case though because I only pay $20 for the obscure brand of silent mouse that I buy and normally after a few years they're pretty gross after all that use.

Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
VR HMD Nope
Benchmark Scores Nope
IMO, they've been very generous with RMA's in the past, maybe that's something that customers have taken advantage of.
Like people giving away their mouse and then call Logitech to get a new one, or lost the mouse while using it with a laptop away from home.
I wonder how many tons of laptop chargers/headsets/mice etc that gets left behind every year..

Since they probably won't ask you to send the old one back, they just need you to prove that it's broken. Sad but true.
Is it really that much of a trouble to film the mouse while using it?
I feel like it is a lot of trouble. I am not a millennial that takes selfies all day long and makes videos of myself frying eggs and driving for the hell of it. I've owned at least a dozen Logitech mice over the years and never RMAed a single one. I think, I currently own two Logitech keyboards, six wireless mice, a 2.1 speaker set and a webcam. I'm straight up insulted. It's bad enough that I had to jump through hoops and then wait half an hour to talk to someone. I would have preferred to just submit a form or send an email. I always take a product's warranty into consideration when making a purchase. So Logitech has effectively lost a longtime repeat customer over $5 shipping and a mouse it probably cost them a dollar to manufacture. If they frivolously replaced products in the past that isn't my problem. This required video involved like twenty troubleshooting steps and hand-written copy the serial number of the mouse to be included in the video. I've wasted almost an hour of my life on this already, I'm not wasting another one jumping through their hoops.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
I find it crazy that their mice still suffer from this problem. It has been a problem with their mice for as long as I can remember, going back to at least the MX500. They use the crappiest switches and don't care because they last just long enough to get out of warranty in most cases.

SL2

That's so weird. I have a V550 for my laptops, I've used it daily for ten years, even gaming, and the switches still works perfectly.

I guess it's not that problem that can be fixed with a tiny drop of oil?

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
VR HMD Nope
Benchmark Scores Nope
That's so weird. I have a V550 for my laptops, I've used it daily for ten years, even gaming, and the switches still works perfectly.

I guess it's not that problem that can be fixed with a tiny drop of oil?
I wish...

I just got on Amazon to see if I ever reviewed the mouse there. I didn't, so I posted the requirement for a video to get warranty coverage. The more people who find this out the better.

I did a search of Logitech in my orders and realized I've spent well over $500 just on Amazon on Logitech products over the past two years.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Yeah i had to do that over a year ago, but i have had crazier ones like to destroy a item or\and cut the cables. Although taking a video of such issue privacy might come to be a issue.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
^^ @AsRock knows what im talkign about, he got one or two of the mice im talking about iirc :toast:

im guessing they realized just how much money in free brand new replacement mice & headsets ,& keyboards etc they were shipping out.

i bought a G502 in like 2014, by using RMA's (for legitimate issues) i got 3 further G502's for free , all brand new. I didnt realize i was ding it until the 2nd RMA, but the rep pointed out i was initiating an RMA, on a mouse that i was sent for free, through an RMA :D , i did it 2 more times after this. most companies used to be like this, but then they started sending refurb units for RMA replacements. corsair, zotac, etc, they all do it. it was only a matter of time.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
So I just tried to get an RMA for my less than two year old G602 wireless gaming mouse. The left mouse button keeps missing clicks, randomly letting go during drags and what not. Obviously the switch is going bad.

The Logitech rep wanted me to create a video of troubleshooting the mouse to get an RMA! Yeah, make a video for them to honor their warranty! I have never seen anything so asinine in my entire life. It's bad enough I wasted half an hour of my life waiting to talk to a support rep. Then he sends me the instructions. Like 20 steps long and ends at a website that tests double clicks. I told them different batteries and tested on a different PC with same result. Nope they will only do an RMA with a video of the mouse malfunctioning.

I'm done, never buying another Logitech product ever again! I wonder how long they've been doing this. Has anyone else run into this with them?

I find it crazy that their mice still suffer from this problem. It has been a problem with their mice for as long as I can remember, going back to at least the MX500. They use the crappiest switches and don't care because they last just long enough to get out of warranty in most cases.

I have never experienced this issue on any of my mice

I wonder if it is less the sensor failing and more just having to do with dust and gunk buildup over the years?

or possible wireless interference? or does it still happen in wired mode?

System Name "The black one in the dining room" / "The Latest One"
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 16c/32t / i7 14700K @5.8GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe / ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/4 Silverstone FM121 fans / Arctic LF II 280 w Silverstone FHP141's
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 (8x8) / 64G G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 1080 Ti FTW3 / Asus Tuff OC 4090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Samsung 860, 4 Western Digital 2TB / 1tb, SK hynix P41 Platinum 2tb
Display(s) 43" Samsung 8000 series 4K / 50" Vizio M-series 4K
Case Modded Corsair Carbide 500R / Modded Corsair Graphite 780 T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II/ Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i / Seasonic Prime GX-1300
Mouse Logitech Performance MX, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Keyboard Logitech K750 Solar, DiNovo Edge
Software Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 IoT / Win 11 Pro for Workstations 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=202122048229
Take it apart if you can't get a RMA for it. Logitech mice are usually easy to rebuild (I have a desk drawer full of them just for parts). Make sure everything is clean and properly aligned inside plus the sensor isn't clogged by debris. I quit buying new mice over 10+ years ago, Logitechs are all I use (MX Revolution mostly) and I snap up used ones off Craigslist dirt cheap when I see them.

xu^

System Name Mr_average ( hoping 1 day to upgrade to Mr_above_average )
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700x @3.4ghz/4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AS-500 Plus - White | 6 Lian Li ST120mm case fans - White
Memory 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 4x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 - White
Video Card(s) Asus Dual GeForce RTX 4070 12GB OC
Storage 512gb Sabrent Nvme | 4tb Samsung SSD | 2tb WD Blue SSD| 1tb Crucial P3 Nvme| 1tb WD Blue HDD = 8.5tb
Display(s) D1: LG Ultragear GL850-B 27" 1440p 144hz | D2: Asus Tuf - VG249 24" 1080p 144hz
Case Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB - White
Audio Device(s) Creative T20 2.0 Speakers | Steelseries Arctis 3 Headset - White
Power Supply Corsair TX650M Semi Modular 80+ Gold
Mouse Red Dragon M991 - White
Keyboard Corsair K70 Mk.2 SE - White
Software Windows 11 Pro
was never a fan of Logitech mice, had 1 back in 2010 that was meant to be one of the best around, it didnt even make a year, after that i bought a Razor deathadder in 2011 ish , only replaced it 6 months ago. (with another Deathadder funnily enough lol) Will see if it lasts as well :)

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3

I wonder if it is less the sensor failing and more just having to do with dust and gunk buildup over the years?

It has plagued several of their mouse models. It happened on the G700 and G700s and the MX500-518. Just google G700s switch replacement. The switches they use literally just wear out.

Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
VR HMD Nope
Benchmark Scores Nope

I doubt it's dust and gunk. It might be, I guess if I'm not going to RMA it I might as well have a look inside. Maybe I can replace the faulty switch.

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
im curious about this , i have been having some issues with the left click on my G502 Lightspeed.
So i opened a ticket, & will see how the RMA process goes.

opened 3/5/21 11:09PM EST
Capture.PNG

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

You can thank guys like this for the policy:

It used to be you request an RMA and logitech would ship you out a replacement. No need to ship the original product back.

Logitech's RMA processes is still one of the better one's in the industry. I have steelseries, Razor, Pwnage, Glorious, CM, Corsair, and even some old OCZ mice. Logitech still sends you brand new product, a majority of other brands will send you refurb back. They also have the shortest turnaround time. You will enjoy it when with Logitech you only have to RMA once instead of 3 times.

Mind you select other brands also require you to do the same thing. Glorious for example. Then again, like logitech, they will also send out a replacement without you needing to send the original in.

I really don't think over-reacting in a post like this productive. What logitech does is nothing abnormal here and in the end the result is better for both logitech and the customer.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Tell them you can't film both mouse, screen, and your hand pressing it, all in the same time.

Open new RMA tickets and harass them until they approve it. Call them if possible and yell.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
i actually own 2x razer naga 2014's, and one of them just completely up and died on me a few weeks ago. no issues with it, just randomly died after like 5 years of use lol but i just plugged in my backup.

been on lookout for more naga 2014's, i love this mouse a ton. the new naga's for some reason i just can't grip them right... so yeah if any of y'all got naga 2014 in storage and your not using it let me know lol

Processor i7-11700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Audio Device(s) on board
No need to ship the original product back.
my favorite line from logitech is "we'll send a replacement out now, go grab a pair of scissors & cut the USB cable on your mouse. ill hold while you do it" :laugh: yup. im cutting it now (mimics scissor cutting sound)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
my logitech g303 is kind of old. still works great, its my all time fav mouse... i baby it... its wrapped up in cloth tucked away right now. i wish i could find more of them, for some reason the g303 makes me a lot better in FPS games. even if its siblings just dont care to it... i dont know why, that glossy back it has, and the unique way I hold it, just something about it works for me...

before you laugh at me, just go try and find a g303 used, for years now its been several hundred dollars. no idea why. really makes me sad though cause i wish i had a couple for backups.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Samsung Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Home 64
i actually own 2x razer naga 2014's, and one of them just completely up and died on me a few weeks ago. no issues with it, just randomly died after like 5 years of use lol but i just plugged in my backup.

been on lookout for more naga 2014's, i love this mouse a ton. the new naga's for some reason i just can't grip them right... so yeah if any of y'all got naga 2014 in storage and your not using it let me know lol

That was probably the most irritating hardware purchase I had ever made - Naga 2014.

Constant tracking issues. Constant button issues. Constant Synapse software issues:
  • Tracking issue after about 4-5 months: re-install Synapse, fixed.
  • Tracking issue a few months later: re-install Synapse, not fixed. Test mouse on different USB ports, issue remains. Test mouse on another computer, issue is gone. Use on my computer, issue still there. Cleaned mouse pad, not fixed. Used mouse on white sheet of paper for a few days, worked just fine. Got a different mousepad, tracking issue still there. Scrubbed the registry of all Synapse software, issue gone.
  • Tracking issue back (third time) a few months later: Razer support says "use Synapse software". Install Synapse latest version - tracking issue fixed (again).
  • Synapse software causing issues - forcing GPU to run 3D clock speeds while idle at desktop. Kill Synapse software, GPU runs 2D clock speeds. Start Synapse software, 3D clock speeds kick it. Report issue to Razer. In the meantime, uninstall Synapse software.
  • Tracking issue comes back (around 14 months owning it now): Install Synapse software, doesn't fix issue. Remove software, doesn't fix issue. Scrub registry of Synapse software, issue fixed.
  • 3 months later scroll wheel not responding to scroll activity. Razer support says "use Synapse software". Install Synapse latest version (GPU issue is fixed, yeah!) Scroll wheel working as intended.
  • 4 months later (20 months of owning): middle button clicks are not responding. Remove Synapse software - issue gone.
  • 2 months later (22 months of owning): middle button clicks and mouse wheel are not responding well, only registering about 50% of the time. Razer support says "use Synapse software". Install Synapse and issue goes away.
  • 2 days after 2 year warranty - middle mouse button fails. It literally breaks, wheel won't spin and doesn't click. Razer support says "you're fucked" (okay, they didn't say that). They said you're past the warranty and there was nothing they could do.
Razer can keep their crap; hardware and software.

I used a G502 mouse after the Naga 2014 and used it for 4+ years without any issues. I'm currently using my Zephyr mouse and it works well enough......though I might go back to my G502.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
That was probably the most irritating hardware purchase I had ever made - Naga 2014.

Constant tracking issues. Constant button issues. Constant Synapse software issues:
  • Tracking issue after about 4-5 months: re-install Synapse, fixed.
  • Tracking issue a few months later: re-install Synapse, not fixed. Test mouse on different USB ports, issue remains. Test mouse on another computer, issue is gone. Use on my computer, issue still there. Cleaned mouse pad, not fixed. Used mouse on white sheet of paper for a few days, worked just fine. Got a different mousepad, tracking issue still there. Scrubbed the registry of all Synapse software, issue gone.
  • Tracking issue back (third time) a few months later: Razer support says "use Synapse software". Install Synapse latest version - tracking issue fixed (again).
  • Synapse software causing issues - forcing GPU to run 3D clock speeds while idle at desktop. Kill Synapse software, GPU runs 2D clock speeds. Start Synapse software, 3D clock speeds kick it. Report issue to Razer. In the meantime, uninstall Synapse software.
  • Tracking issue comes back (around 14 months owning it now): Install Synapse software, doesn't fix issue. Remove software, doesn't fix issue. Scrub registry of Synapse software, issue fixed.
  • 3 months later scroll wheel not responding to scroll activity. Razer support says "use Synapse software". Install Synapse latest version (GPU issue is fixed, yeah!) Scroll wheel working as intended.
  • 4 months later (20 months of owning): middle button clicks are not responding. Remove Synapse software - issue gone.
  • 2 months later (22 months of owning): middle button clicks and mouse wheel are not responding well, only registering about 50% of the time. Razer support says "use Synapse software". Install Synapse and issue goes away.
  • 2 days after 2 year warranty - middle mouse button fails. It literally breaks, wheel won't spin and doesn't click. Razer support says "you're fucked" (okay, they didn't say that). They said you're past the warranty and there was nothing they could do.
Razer can keep their crap; hardware and software.

I used a G502 mouse after the Naga 2014 and used it for 4+ years without any issues. I'm currently using my Zephyr mouse and it works well enough......though I might go back to my G502.

I have had 0 issues, but I have never installed Synapse even once, quite fine with the default 12 button numpad layout. I think its less the hardware that caused your problems and more the synapse telemetry ;)

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
my logitech g303 is kind of old. still works great, its my all time fav mouse... i baby it... its wrapped up in cloth tucked away right now. i wish i could find more of them, for some reason the g303 makes me a lot better in FPS games. even if its siblings just dont care to it... i dont know why, that glossy back it has, and the unique way I hold it, just something about it works for me...

before you laugh at me, just go try and find a g303 used, for years now its been several hundred dollars. no idea why. really makes me sad though cause i wish i had a couple for backups.

That's not crazy at all. Mouse shape has a big impact on aim.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
That's not crazy at all. Mouse shape has a big impact on aim.

wish I could find more g303's at MSRP, really sucks they stopped making them with the glossy backends, i don't know why but that helped me a lot with my unique gripping method i use

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Darn! I could have tried Razer mice, I was right in front of them in a local area Best Buy. (West Lebanon, New Hampshire, IIRC) But I saw people telling other people about them failing.
The last time I was at a Best Buy, was most likely February, 2020. The last time, it was most likely for those Polk VT60 speakers! All's well with only 2 of them!
Close to the time of getting my first Ryzen build, I did get Logitech mice, of the new Hero versions.