• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Unveils New K800 Wireless Illuminated Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Logitech today introduced the rechargeable Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800, delivering bright, precise illumination - day or night. The newest Logitech keyboard features ambient light and motion sensors, ensuring that you have the right amount of backlight when you need it, while conserving battery life when you don't.

"The Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is perfect for someone who values both form and function," said Denis Pavillard, vice president of product marketing for Logitech's keyboards and desktops. "The Wireless Illuminated K800 keyboard includes features that make it a standout - smart backlighting, Logitech Unifying technology, our PerfectStroke key system and Logitech Incurve keys - and presents it all in a very stylish and sleek package that's sure to please."

The Wireless Illuminated K800 backlighting automatically adjusts based on the amount of light in the room using ambient light sensors. Motion sensors detect your hands as they approach to turn the backlighting on and to turn it back off when your hands move away. As a result, you'll enjoy bright, precise illumination and more battery life - up to 10 days of battery life without recharging. (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions.)

The Wireless Illuminated K800 is always ready when you need it thanks to the micro-USB cable that lets you recharge while you type. Due to the fast, flexible recharging, you'll never need to replace the batteries. Instead, you can simply plug in the universal micro-USB cable to recharge the onboard batteries.

Because a good keyboard needs to deliver a good typing experience, the Logitech Wireless Illuminated keyboard includes the PerfectStroke key system and Logitech Incurve keys. The PerfectStroke key system helps make every stroke comfortable, fluid and whisper-quiet. And the concave design and softly rounded edges of the durable Logitech Incurve keys position your fingers properly and invite your fingertips to glide from key to key, hour after hour. Additionally, the letters and characters on the keys are very durable and won't wear off.

The Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is also the latest in a line of Logitech Unifying-compatible mice and keyboards that feature the tiny, leave-in receiver - so small you can leave it in your laptop. Unifying-compatible keyboards feature Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity, virtually eliminating delays and dropouts.

Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 is expected to be available in September for a suggested retail price of €99.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Kitkat

if its anything like my Illuminated one from them with sure type then its A+

I hate loudass keyboards.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Nice. Though do you still need the wireless plug if you have it always plugged in via USB?

Processor Intel i5-11600K
Motherboard ASRock H570M Pro4
Cooling Thermalright Assassin King 120
Memory 32GB (2x16GB) Silicon Power Zenith DDR4 3200 @ DDR4 3600 C16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC 8GB
Storage PNY CS3140 1TB PCIe 4.0
Display(s) Dell P2422HE 24" @ 75Hz
Case Fractal Core 3000 USB 3.0
Audio Device(s) Creative T20 Series II
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold
Keyboard Redragon K589
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/33021442
Nice. Though do you still need the wireless plug if you have it always plugged in via USB?

According to Slashgear, yes, it can:

"The keyboard is rechargeable and can be used while it is changing up with a small micro USB cable"

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Personally I find the whole idea of having a illuminated wireless keyboard stupid. not a bad idea for a HTPC in the living room though. for many years i have used wireless keyboards & mouses. new batteries on my last wireless keyboard will last me a good month or 2 averaging upto 6-8hours a day. one of the main reasons why i came back to wired K&M's was not because of the minor 'lag' that many wireless peripherals suffer from but because I got sick of swapping out batteries in the middle of gaming the wireless keyboard was alright i suppose but back then my G7 battery had to be changed every 3-5hrs and that just drove me nuts in the end, so i picked up the the Logitech Wired illuminated keyboard & a G9. id burn up that '10 days battery life) in less then 2 days

I hate having cables on the mouse but at the same time i know it wont die in the middle of an intense online gun fight & if it does then i know its time to RMA it.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
According to Slashgear, yes, it can:

"The keyboard is rechargeable and can be used while it is changing up with a small micro USB cable"

I did see that, but it wasn't clear to me if they had implemented it fully or if they only use the connection for charging.

System Name The Venerable One
Processor Intel Core i7 980x 3.33GHz
Motherboard EVGA X58 FTW3
Cooling Big Ass fan pointed at the motherboard with the side panel off FTW
Memory 12GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256MB SSD/1.5TB HDD internal
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX 24" 1920X1200
Case SK-503 Super Case
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply SeaSonic 1000W Platinum Rated
Software Windows 7 Home SP1 64-bit
Benchmark Scores epic
My Logitech G110 is illuminated and it looks cool in the dark. Macro keys are a nice touch too along with several other features on it.

Kitkat

Personally I find the whole idea of having a illuminated wireless keyboard stupid. not a bad idea for a HTPC in the living room though. for many years i have used wireless keyboards & mouses. new batteries on my last wireless keyboard will last me a good month or 2 averaging upto 6-8hours a day. one of the main reasons why i came back to wired K&M's was not because of the minor 'lag' that many wireless peripherals suffer from but because I got sick of swapping out batteries in the middle of gaming the wireless keyboard was alright i suppose but back then my G7 battery had to be changed every 3-5hrs and that just drove me nuts in the end, so i picked up the the Logitech Wired illuminated keyboard & a G9. id burn up that '10 days battery life) in less then 2 days

I hate having cables on the mouse but at the same time i know it wont die in the middle of an intense online gun fight & if it does then i know its time to RMA it.

Yeah that is the one thing its wireless so i duno how thats gonna play they did put a sensor in this one that regs how much it happens so u cant make the mistake of keeping it on. I would have been fine with a wired version of there MINI keyboard illuminated. Atleast they do it right unlike some othes each key is illuminated with little to no bleed between them wich is SWEEEET

System Name Alienware laptop R4
Processor intel i7-3610M @ 2,30Ghz
Motherboard dell?
Cooling 2 built in laptop cooling fans
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD Mobility Radeon HD m290x 4GB GDDR5
Storage 256 ssd and 512ssd
Display(s) laptop screen 17.3" 1920x1080 + LG 22" inch LCD HD 1920 x 1200
Case My laptop back pack case
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Power Supply laptop brick
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My mouse takes 2 AA batterys and have lasted 8 mounths so far and are still working great, same with the keyboard and they are both logitech.

Benetanegia

I got sick of swapping out batteries in the middle of gaming the wireless keyboard was alright i suppose but back then my G7 battery had to be changed every 3-5hrs and that just drove me nuts in the end, so i picked up the the Logitech Wired illuminated keyboard & a G9. id burn up that '10 days battery life) in less then 2 days

I had a G7 and I can tell you right away that your batteries or the charger (more likely) were broken. My brother and I used to play well in excess of 8 hours/day between the two of us on holidays and we only had to change the battery twice a week, max.

It's true that after 2 years or so the batteries started to last a lot less (still far from 3-5 hrs of gaming though) and it was the fault of the charger because 2 months latter it died (the charger). Bought a G5.

Also changing the batteries was easy and took like 3 secs, but I can undersand the annoyance that can suppose changing the batter every 3 h. You shouldn't have to tho, that's the point I'm trying to make. Don't stop believing in wireless just because one device failed on you. Like I said, the charger was probably broken and that's why it didn't charge well, which made you change batteries before they were totally charged, which made the battery last a lot less than it should, which made you change batteries before they were totally charged and so on. :ohwell:

That being said, I moved to all wired after that and I have to say that input lag is noticeably lower. When I used wireless I didn't believe there was a difference at all, much less noticeable, but there is.

This product might be interesting if it works like a wired KB when it's connected, best of both worlds, but is that trully the case?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
FYI, logitech exaggerate their battery life quite a bit.

my dinovo edge is rated as several months battery life at a time - and this is true, when i use it basically as a HTPC media remote. when i typed on it regularly and gamed on it, it was more like 2-3 weeks battery life.

so when this says up to 10 days of battery life, be a bit sceptical - a gamer or heavy web addict who types a lot, may only get 2-3 days (and less than that, once the batteries start to go crap)

(then again, you can always plug in the USB cable and make it a corded keyboard, which definitely sounds appealing :p)

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I had a G7 and I can tell you right away that your batteries or the charger (more likely) were broken. My brother and I used to play well in excess of 8 hours/day between the two of us on holidays and we only had to change the battery twice a week, max.

Negative - nothing was broken. the batteries just no longer held their charge but that doesnt mean they are broken, My dad still uses my G7 for his laptop - though he doesnt game with it. I think I had my G7 for more then 2 years averaging around 4-8hrs usage per day. now Im no expert on electronics but i know enough that I cant expect the battery to last with that amount of abuse. - its only natural that the battery no longer holds its charge after so many recharges. prior to that when it was brand new the batteries would last at least a day before charging, but they I started playing more n more because I lost my job lmao

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Negative - nothing was broken. the batteries just no longer held their charge but that doesnt mean they are broken, My dad still uses my G7 for his laptop - though he doesnt game with it. I think I had my G7 for more then 2 years averaging around 4-8hrs usage per day. now Im no expert on electronics but i know enough that I cant expect the battery to last with that amount of abuse. - its only natural that the battery no longer holds its charge after so many recharges. prior to that when it was brand new the batteries would last at least a day before charging, but they I started playing more n more because I lost my job lmao

My G7 suffers the same problem. one of the battery packs (the main one i used) only lasts about 4 hours of gaming now.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
My G7 suffers the same problem. one of the battery packs (the main one i used) only lasts about 4 hours of gaming now.

so you still use yours for gaming?? If i had to go wireless again, Id probably go for a razer mamba or maybe a Rokkat one (I quite like the look of their mice - heard many complaints about reliablity though) if they have one. unfortunately the mamba is still over priced & I dont get paid enough to warrant forking out about £100 just for a freaking mouse

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
so you still use yours for gaming?? If i had to go wireless again, Id probably go for a razer mamba or maybe a Rokkat one (I quite like the look of their mice - heard many complaints about reliablity though) if they have one. unfortunately the mamba is still over priced & I dont get paid enough to warrant forking out about £100 just for a freaking mouse

nah its the spare mouse for the HTPC, on the rare occasions gaming is done on it.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
it would be great if they could come up with another wireless gaming mouse that incorporates similar features to the Razer mamba but I suppose thats just asking for trouble. I still love the G7 very much, its a really comfortable mouse